Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Computer Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Computer Forum For questions and conversations about Computers and the Internet

Old 09-09-2016, 01:11 AM   #1
WWes
Dud

Cool Bootable OS from USB?

Been struggling with ISO to DVD using two www approved methods. Assuming the migration and my limits of my dvd-rom are exhausted. I've used Imgburn and other to no avail by way of tutorials and video tutorials.

Best tool for bootable USB? Rufus comes up alot but the screenshot and website tutorial leaves some question. I've toasted 10 DVDs of nothingness and a new machine en route. All files backed up but I want my happy Win 7 PC back.

Cannot create a DVD. I've searched for driver updates with my onboard DVD device and no good has come of that.

Grabbed a flash drive with the pack of DVDs that won't burn .ISO either way.

I don't need hand-holding instruction. Best tool?

TIA

~WW
WWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:10 AM   #2
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

A few links to peruse.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-an-Operat...om-a-USB-Stick
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/liveusb...e-usb-creator/
http://www.linuxliveusb.com/
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-a-usb-device/

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:42 AM   #3
WWes
Dud

Smile Almost Home

Thanks Brian. I ended up using some freeware by the name of "Rufus". LOL on the "Sanford and Son". Terribly simple. One thing to note burning a Microsoft .ISO file is that mfg. drivers for your particular build will need to be installed. Not the case if you have proper back-up files ready to run but I didn't. Collecting drivers to finish my install but my favored machine is up and running.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:16 AM   #4
WWes
Dud

To add still running and updating. Doing really well aside from some monitor display issues with a bargain basement AOC LED unit. Refurb machine arrived late this afternoon so I'll shut down and attempt fire-up and install. Damn clean machine aside from it's oldest decals. $165 shipped and front door delivery Win 7 Pro with 2tb drive. It'll be a great jukebox in coming months, running on the beat up HP Pavilion now. I'm no techie but I tend to understand enough to get by. Determination is key, if you quit you're buying new.

I will update on the refurb. Initial visual is nice for $165 to my door. Came with el cheapo wired keyboard and mouse that I'll use for install. A few mars on the top cover, I'd do that in one week? Dell 760 OptiPlex, 2TB internal. If the install lets me in with refurb codes I'll have zero complaints.

Wish me luck brothers! I'll advise on the machine in 2-3 weeks, provided it works at all.

Cheers and make the best of September, it's the best last month of the year!
Old 09-14-2016, 05:38 AM   #5
WWes
Dud

Refurb is up and running. Win 7 Professional and a few freeware tools I use. Up to date. I used the supplied wired keyboard and mouse but will switch to wireless for ease of interchangeability with the old machine.

1.79 TB awaits my abuse. Hammer time! Yay-Yo!

added antivirus, anti-spyware and photo/video freeware.

Nice clean box for $165 taxed and delivered to my door. No BS / No bloatware. Bare bones, the way a PC should be.

YMMV

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Refu...luded/37535454

My exact purchase.

Rockin' on!
Old 09-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #6
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Those refurbed sets are fun to screw with. You can't build a set like those, for that price.

Brian
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:59 AM   #7
WWes
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
Those refurbed sets are fun to screw with. You can't build a set like those, for that price.

Brian
Couldn't agree more. It's still fairly naked and might just end up as a jukebox if I add wireless but a great tool for my learning curve towards actually building my own personal toy.