Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Gardening, Animal Husbandry, and Yard Care
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 09-08-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
Sanders

Default Planning an outdoor kitchen/bbq

I've been wanting to put together an outdoor kitchen for quite a while, but never really figured how I wanted to build it.

I have some cinder blocks, which I think I will use for a base. Then I ran across this video on Youtube last night on how to make a concrete countertop.

Now, I just need to draw up some plans on how I want to put this thing together. Perhaps incorporate a sink as well.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:18 PM   #2
baboon
slug

I'm thinking it might work great for a shooting bench top.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #3
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
I'm thinking it might work great for a shooting bench top.
I think it was the Sierra Vista Gun club range (in Arizona) I shot at that had concrete shooting benches. They were the T shaped tables.

Come to think of it, maybe the Albuquerque range has them, too. I don't remember, because I only went to that range once. Too many vatos and such at it.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

My best version of it. A charcoal grill that doubles as a smoker, gas tanks and charcoal bags are stored there too. It was already in the house when I bought it , I just covered in Travertine stone and put doors on it, where the grill sits was hollow for the ashes to fall, so I build it up and filled it with concrete then tiled it. It was a Jewish version of a grill before, very cheaply made and the wife wanted to get rid of it, so I modernized it and now she's happy.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Sanders

Looks good, Aviator. But isn't that too small for your huge paella pan or your whole hog bbqs?

I definitely have to make mine wind proof. It is mostly the wind that messes up my smoking by reducing the temperature inside it.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up

Sanders holy sheeeet you have like 2 dozen BBQ ranges are you opening a BBQ place I am hungry and heading your way. Mesquite Texas BBQ the best.

Fred holy mother of God Pres. Trump does not have an outdoor station for cooking like that. My God that is like the Pit Masters dream good for you.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:54 PM   #7
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Looks good, Aviator. But isn't that too small for your huge paella pan or your whole hog bbqs?

I definitely have to make mine wind proof. It is mostly the wind that messes up my smoking by reducing the temperature inside it.
The Paella pan goes on it's own stand with the gas burner and I don't do a whole pig, I don't even cook it, if we have a lot of people we just cater the food in, costs about the same and let someone else do the work. I will be cookiing a seafood paella this Saturday, family is gathering for my birthday, kids and their kids, brother and his kid and her husband an all together about 30 people to pay respect to old age a few days in advance so the wife came up with the idea and she bought 10 lbs shrimp, fish, mussels, crab, squid, scallops...I mean, if it moves under the sea we'll eat it. My bro says he's helping out and bringing beer. So I'll say a good Spanish Ole' on Sat.

Actually I made the cavity so a grill under 26" would fit there, I was restricted by the work that was done before. I do have a pretty good size gas grill where I do most of the cooking anyhow, but sometimes I want wood or charcoal flavor so I light this one up.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:39 PM   #8
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Sanders holy sheeeet you have like 2 dozen BBQ ranges are you opening a BBQ place I am hungry and heading your way. Mesquite Texas BBQ the best.

Fred holy mother of God Pres. Trump does not have an outdoor station for cooking like that. My God that is like the Pit Masters dream good for you.
Nah, I only have 3 smokers. One of them does double duty as a charcoal grill as the second half of a gas/charcoal/smoker combo unit.

One is a little smoke box the kids gave me for Christmas a few years ago, and the other is an Ugly Drum Smoker that I made from a 55-gal. steel drum. By the time I was done building it, I could have bought a decent one for what I spent on materials.

I kind of got burned out on mesquite smoked meat (no pun intended). Right now my favorite go-to smoker wood is oak that I cut myself in the forest.

If you want to watch some BBQ videos, I recommend BBQPitBoys.com and Malcolm Reed's How to Barbecue Right

There are quite a few others, but those two will keep a hungry man busy for a while.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:48 AM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Stainless Steel Drums check the prices on these. Holy sheet. They sell stands they can be placed in plus they will cut the sides out and hinge them for you. That puts it close to the $1,000 range with shipping.
My drug head junkie neighbor got one as a gift from his uncle and it was sitting in his back yard. He needed $40 for a fix and I got the cooker. I gave my buddy Lee $50 and he made me two nice grates for cooking on.

https://www.thecarycompany.com/conta...tainless-steel
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote