Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
Sanders

Default Went out and cut a Christmas tree, yesterday

I got a $10 tree permit to cut (or dig up) a Christmas tree out on Forest Service land.

My daughter and I went out and had a fun time 4-wheeling the snow-covered roads in the mountains, then found a little tree for the house.

The snow wasn't very deep, but it was covering a layer of ice that would now allow the tires to dig through for traction, so there were some spots that were fairly inaccessible, but it didn't matter - there were lots of trees up there.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
4thIDvet
slug

That is half the fun of Christmas getting your own tree like that.
We were not the best kids in our younger days. Nice tree landscaped factories out by the highway were our tree getting places.
Mom gave us $5.00 to get a tree and off we would go for a free one. Dragging it miles back we put the needle less worn off side against the wall. God will forgive us some day.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #3
Railbuggy

Wife would always clog up the vacuum cleaning up the needles after Christmas.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

When you get snow on top of ice about the only things that works are studded tires or chains.

In Indiana you can run studded tires from Oct 1 to May 1. But I've never ran them that long. I usually put them on about December 15 - March 1.

They do tear up roads and also they wear out fast on dry roads. So I don't run them any longer than necessary.

Looks like a nice place to get a tree.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #5
Konstantin

I'm going to go walk around my place and try to locate a tree this morning. I'll take the kids out after I find one to help me "look" for one. It makes it a whole lot faster that way.
Konstantin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:51 AM   #6
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
I'm going to go walk around my place and try to locate a tree this morning. I'll take the kids out after I find one to help me "look" for one. It makes it a whole lot faster that way.
Heh! I was up around Mt. Taylor.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:54 AM   #7
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
When you get snow on top of ice about the only things that works are studded tires or chains.

In Indiana you can run studded tires from Oct 1 to May 1. But I've never ran them that long. I usually put them on about December 15 - March 1.

They do tear up roads and also they wear out fast on dry roads. So I don't run them any longer than necessary.
I have tire chains, but I forgot them.

I also have a winch and bumper for the front, but am waiting until I get back from a trip to mount them. I'll get better gas mileage without the extra 200 lbs. of weight on the front.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:06 PM   #8
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I have a winch mounted on a plate on that is welded to a 2x2 receiver bar.

And I have an outlet on the rear of both my truck and my SUV for the winch.

I've found that usually when you get stuck you are better off pulling yourself out to the rear. I haven't gotten around to putting a receiver hitch on the front of my vehicles yet. It would probably be difficult to do on my Buick Enclave.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:53 AM   #9
Konstantin

Got ours yesterday afternoon. Let the baby "find" it and the boy cut it down.

Konstantin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #10
dinkydow

My Christmas tree is 4' tall, artificial and I never take the decorations off of it. I comes out of the closet, the plastic bag comes off and then it sits on a 1' tall stand in the corner. I plug it in...and Ta-Daaaaa. Finito!

A real tree...and... the the cats will NOT leave it alone. Gotta crawl up inside and tip it over. It's what cats do.

The furballs leave this one alone.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote