Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
aviator
unum de multis

Default Done with the Tec9

It feeds and ejects and that by itself is quite an accomplishment on those.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post

It feeds and ejects and that by itself is quite an accomplishment on those.
That an open bolt Tec 9?
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

I wish. It's pre-ban (2nd) though, it has the suppressor threaded barrel. This poor thing was left to rust along with the Ruger, the owner said if you fix the Ruger you can keep it, so I ordered all the missing damaged parts, the barrel is good inside and out. I reset the extractor, polished the bolt and feeding ramp, got a new mag, buffer and operating handle, took the trigger group apart, cleaned it, made it operational, hell it works good. it will just sit there as part of the "Miami 1980's Collection" along with the MAC-10.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:12 PM   #4
baboon
slug

Quote:
it will just sit there as part of the "Miami 1980's Collection" along with the MAC-10.
I don't recall the year, but I wanted a Mac 10 & had the money. Being under 21 my dad had to buy it for me. The guy I bought it from was a SOT which was rare for Illinois. He ran 2 full page ads in the old Shotgun News all the time under Paragon Sales.

When we went to buy my Mac-10 Dale Thomas the owner said to my dad "These are fixing to be banned because how easily they are to convert. You might want more then just this one!" He blamed it all on the South Florida cocaine wars.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
I don't recall the year, but I wanted a Mac 10 & had the money. Being under 21 my dad had to buy it for me. The guy I bought it from was a SOT which was rare for Illinois. He ran 2 full page ads in the old Shotgun News all the time under Paragon Sales.

When we went to buy my Mac-10 Dale Thomas the owner said to my dad "These are fixing to be banned because how easily they are to convert. You might want more then just this one!" He blamed it all on the South Florida cocaine wars.
Good sales point but they are not "easily converted", they were designed as semi-auto and takes quite a bit of machining and know-how to convert them properly, and if you do you won't hit much anyhow, so what's the purpose? I got one from a guy who needed money. Mac 10 in .45, never been fired. I paid $200 a few years ago. South Florida was hot back in the 80's and those were the guns of choice, Uzi's too.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:53 PM   #6
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Dang, Fred. Going gansta on us?

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:36 PM   #7
baboon
slug

Quote:
Good sales point but they are not "easily converted", they were designed as semi-auto and takes quite a bit of machining and know-how to convert them properly, and if you do you won't hit much anyhow, so what's the purpose? I got one from a guy who needed money. Mac 10 in .45, never been fired. I paid $200 a few years ago. South Florida was hot back in the 80's and those were the guns of choice, Uzi's too.
Open Bolt Mac 10 are bullet hoses. Even the Mac 11 in 380 has a crazy high cyclic rate of 1200 rpm. Since Richard Lage started build upper for Mac 10 &11 the gun is much more practical.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:00 PM   #8
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
Dang, Fred. Going gansta on us?

Brian
It cost me about $100 in parts and it's fully functional, what's not to like?

Baboon 1200 rpm is impressive, a mag of 30 rounds in 2-3 seconds, that could hurt someone.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #9
baboon
slug

Quote:
Baboon 1200 rpm is impressive, a mag of 30 rounds in 2-3 seconds, that could hurt someone.
Hell even a M16 with its cyclic rat of 700-950 mag dump are over pretty quick. The annual machine gun shoot I attend has a guy with a mini gun. He normally runs it @ 3000 rpm. While digging around his shop the gear to run it @ 6000 rpm turned up.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:38 PM   #10
aviator
unum de multis

I guess if you have money to burn... I'm not that crazy and don't have the need to be either. Make every round count. One shot one kill, remember that, all you need is one good shot, not thirty.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:30 PM   #11
CDawg
slug

Quote:
Make every round count. One shot one kill, remember that, all you need is one good shot, not thirty.
That sounds like a Marine talking.

"Aim small, miss small."
The Patriot

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:58 PM   #12
MGMAN45

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Open Bolt Mac 10 are bullet hoses. Even the Mac 11 in 380 has a crazy high cyclic rate of 1200 rpm. Since Richard Lage started build upper for Mac 10 &11 the gun is much more practical.
Ive owned a M-10 45 SMG since 1983.Paid 350.00 for it NIB.1200 rpm.M-11 380 more like 1600 rpm.
MGMAN45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #13
Travish

Spray and prey.
Travish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:56 PM   #14
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travish View Post
Spray and prey.
So what's wrong with controlled burst? Mac's these day tend to all have Lage uppers making them more controllable.