Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2020, 06:21 PM   #1
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz Mini tip AR 15 bolt carrier group COTTER PIN re-install troubles? Take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBTKAk37uj0

Good to know, easy to forget, quick to re-learn.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:20 PM   #2
baboon
slug

Only had one cotter pin not want to go in. Different pin no problem. The problematic pin went into the hole the other one came out of.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #3
Bluntforce
slug

Spinz

Out of three I had aiming problems with the same one twice. Blundered it in eventually, resorted to YT today and went right in once it liked the angle. Odd that serendipity flees when I clean/grease that BCG.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 04:01 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up

Super good video thank you.
Frigging pain in the ass getting those pins in. I tossed a bolt carrier so hard it stuck in the frigging wall. Could have kilt somebody with it.
Somebody came out with a pin that goes easily in on Brownells I think. Not a carter pin and their constantly out of stock so others must be frustrated with the damn cotter pin besides me.
But that was a good tip I will give it a go. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:01 AM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up Bluntforce here yah go found the cotter pin replacement.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/kns-pre...iring-pin.html

KNS Precision AR15/M16 Firing Pin KNSPERMA Color: Black, Gun Model: AR-15, M16, 29% Off

$9.95 but I would have given them $99.95 I had so much trouble with one damn cotter pin.
I have not tried it but Optics has them and everyone else seems to be out of stock? So I guess others got pissed getting that cotter pin in?

Comment section:

Helpful Positive Review
Excellent Upgrade
by Huck, Verified Owner, May 4, 2020
This is one of my favorite (simple) upgrades! No more fighting with the cotter-style firing pin retaining pin. Tight fit, excellent quality, and easy to install or uninstall. Very simple to get properly oriented. Highly recommend!
2/2 found this helpful
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:10 PM   #6
dinkydow

WTF......is so darn hard about installing the firing pin retaing pin? Jesus h khrist.....you guys are making it sound like passing up a rope.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote