Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:38 AM   #16
buzgun
slug

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Only the truth, you took that unfinished place with lots of potential and turned it into a beautiful upscale house. You have custom made almost every thing...by hand.

How long has this project being going on? I forgot where the original thread was about placing a low ball bid on the property was but it's been a few years.
Well...i just got around to finishing the backyard after a 2 year break.

Im all done with this after this.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:43 AM   #17
aviator
unum de multis

You'll find something else to do.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:49 AM   #18
aviator
unum de multis

8-4-2009 you got the place.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #19
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post
flashy, very nice.....thats a lot of work there........did you do that by yourself?

Did you put a spark arrestor in the top cap?

Its going to take me at least 2-3 days to grout and strike this....im probably going to get carpal tunnel from squeezing the grout bag and filling up all those joints with mortar.
Cap is a 24x24 piece of pa flagstone and I used old philly cobble stones on the risers to levitate it. The secrete to sticking them on quick is I use a special bagged mortar that is reinforced with Kevlar and polymers, called laticrete mvis. It allows you to slap the lickems up real quick no holding or waiting to set, just notch trowel it on and smear a little bit on the back of each one to help bond.

I did attach them and point the stones with nephew to help, we did point and tool it in one day, but I got a mixer I traded for so that really speeds things up. Actually laid 2 rows of block at cabin for foundation a month ago, and mixed it by hand full wheel barrow at a time and that kicks your ass before you really get doing any work. I always use type S mortar for pointing and like when I did that it was cold so a tented the fireplace and heat it with readdy/forced air heater so I can tool it pretty quickly.
flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #20
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

I really like the rock work finish Buzz.

So far all your projects have been high quality!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #21
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Best smoked meats and fish I have had here boon was my neighbors and old Florida cracker. He made his smoker out of an old refrigerator. Firebox off to the side with pipes running into it.
Damn he put out some good stuff.
I figure with all the feral hogs around I'd want something big enough to do various things like hams, bone in loins, sausage & bacon.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:12 PM   #22
mr-ak-47
Massa di Avatars

That is the patio that you build up also.......

.....wish you married my daughter,.....that could be being built for me. ...

One person says something stupid, and the other stupid people hear him, and the next thing you know, you're getting tortured in a gulag.

Welcome to democracy, where your rights depend on the howling of the mob.

mr-ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #23
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
I really like the rock work finish Buzz.

So far all your projects have been high quality!
Thank you 10 Bears .....
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 PM   #24
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Cap is a 24x24 piece of pa flagstone and I used old philly cobble stones on the risers to levitate it. The secrete to sticking them on quick is I use a special bagged mortar that is reinforced with Kevlar and polymers, called laticrete mvis. It allows you to slap the lickems up real quick no holding or waiting to set, just notch trowel it on and smear a little bit on the back of each one to help bond.

I did attach them and point the stones with nephew to help, we did point and tool it in one day, but I got a mixer I traded for so that really speeds things up. Actually laid 2 rows of block at cabin for foundation a month ago, and mixed it by hand full wheel barrow at a time and that kicks your ass before you really get doing any work. I always use type S mortar for pointing and like when I did that it was cold so a tented the fireplace and heat it with readdy/forced air heater so I can tool it pretty quickly.
flashy, i used 50 pound bags of fire mortar to assemble the kit and install the firebrick inside the box......i went with full sized firebrick for the bottom of the firebox and used splits for the sides and back which i ripped in half on my tile saw to make them thinner for the herringbone pattern ....i believe masons call these "soaps".....i bought all the materials from a place called Marvels masonry supply......that fire mortar has a high level of lime in it because it really fucked up the skin on my hands.....my fingertips have no skin left on them and are split open and bleeding.

I have to get some cantera stone molding that im going to wrap around the top like crown moulding on cabinets and install the spark arrestor which the city demands you install out here because im in the desert......but first im going to do all that grouting starting tomorrow AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #25
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Quote:
flashy, i used 50 pound bags of fire mortar to assemble the kit and install the firebrick inside the box......i went with full sized firebrick for the bottom of the firebox and used splits for the sides and back which i ripped in half on my tile saw to make them thinner for the herringbone pattern ....i believe masons call these "soaps".....i bought all the materials from a place called Marvels masonry supply......that fire mortar has a high level of lime in it because it really fucked up the skin on my hands.....my fingertips have no skin left on them and are split open and bleeding.

I have to get some cantera stone molding that im going to wrap around the top like crown moulding on cabinets and install the spark arrestor which the city demands you install out here because im in the desert......but first im going to do all that grouting starting tomorrow AM.
firebox with the refractory mortar and firebricks , requires about month set time before you start the first small fire then building bigger fires till it’s cured. Not sure what you mean about the “grouting” is that attaching the cultured stone or doing the joints ”pointing”as it’s called in masonry.

Always helps to add a poly or acrylic additive to help adhering cultured stone and when I point. I usually use acryl60 or what ever you can get around there, looks like milk you mix with h20 for the mortar. I add acryl60 1gal to 20 gal water. I pretty much always wear rubber grip gloves and have still been burned with the lime.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:52 PM   #26
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
firebox with the refractory mortar and firebricks , requires about month set time before you start the first small fire then building bigger fires till it’s cured. Not sure what you mean about the “grouting” is that attaching the cultured stone or doing the joints ”pointing”as it’s called in masonry.

Always helps to add a poly or acrylic additive to help adhering cultured stone and when I point. I usually use acryl60 or what ever you can get around there, looks like milk you mix with h20 for the mortar. I add acryl60 1gal to 20 gal water. I pretty much always wear rubber grip gloves and have still been burned with the lime.

Pointing is what i mean....i fill a cone shaped masonry grout bag full of brown colored mortar and squirt it in every stone joint, let it set for 30 minuets and shape and smooth it with a stick.i normally do no more than a 8'x5' section at a time because im alone and it gets hot here....rinse and repeat.

My system is i divide one 80 pound bag of mortar equally into 3 ea . 5 gallon buckets and mix one at a time and use this to point the stone.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #27
flashy
Omicron cocksman

If your using a pre mixed mortar that you only add water and no sand, I would screen the mix with a window screen material sift. If your buying 80lb bags mortar mix you mix with mason sand, I do 1 part mortar cement to 2.5 parts sand, mix dry first then add water when I mix by hand in a wheelbarrow. I never buy quikcrete type premix mortars, I find they contain rocks and won’t push through the pastry bags easily. Mix real good to avoid clumps and at a milkshake consistency so it squeezes out easily, keep adding water to mix till it flows fairly easily.

I tool twice usually, first I leave the joints out far so in a half hour when mortar takes a finger print press that shows cracks, I gently push in the mortar to fill any possible air voids, then wait depending on weather to really tool usually about 1/2hr more , then tool, or scrape, brush. The extra mortar should fall to the ground and be dry enough that it looks like just sand.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #28
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:

I am always in awe of your work. Moving to Mizzery soon??

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:51 AM   #29
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
I am always in awe of your work. Moving to Mizzery soon??

Brian
Thank you Czubek......you are very kind.....
Old 02-04-2019, 08:12 PM   #30
buzgun
slug

Here is the finished fireplace... I still am working on finishing the pergola and outside kitchen .