Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 01-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
dinkydow

Default Sig Pistols?

I have been looking at Sig pistols but their product line confuses me. I am just not real familiar with them at all. Guys have them swear by them. Where can I go to become enlightened with information?

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
slug

Get a P-226

Or two...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

My brother has one. P 220
Old 01-18-2017, 04:24 AM   #4
baboon
slug

I have a West germen P-226 that a great pistol. A true wonder 9. Back in my youth Browning labeled Sauer pistols in 9 & .45.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:37 AM   #5
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

They are a refined pistol that are machined to close tolerances.

I have three. One of them being a 1911.

It's the bottom one in this photo.
DSC_1517 by John Danley, on Flickr

And I have a Sig P229 in .40 and a Sig P228 in 9mm. The P228 is one of the most accurate pistols I have. They are heavy and have sharp edges that tend to poke you sometimes when you bend over if you are carrying them concealed. If I were carrying a firearm on the outside of my pants I would carry one of them. I really like the single/double action trigger.

In that I mostly carry concealed I usually carry a Glock.

I didn't like the new style grips as shown in the picture on my P229. So I removed them and bought a pair of the old style grips and put on it.

Sig P229R .40 Cal by John Danley, on Flickr

Sig M11a1 by John Danley, on Flickr
Old 01-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #6
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I bought a Blackhawk holster to carry my Sig P228. For me, it just isn't very comfortable. It just doesn't conceal as flat as my Glocks. It adds too much bulk.

A Galco Triton holster would probably be a better choice for concealed carrying the Sig.

Blackhawk2 by John Danley, on Flickr
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #7
Sanders

I shot a Sig P220 in .45 ACP that my brother-in-law's neighbor brought over to his house to show us, a while back.

I remember thinking that it was quite smooth in operation, but that it seemed to have a pretty long trigger pull - but that was after I'd been shooting my 1911 most of the day, so it could have just been subjective.

Would I own one? Without hesitation.

I don't know about their other products.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #8
dinkydow

I have a Gronk 17, in a Galco "agent" shoulder rig, for concealed carry and a Ruger LC9 to use as a pocket pistol. I probably am not going to carry or conceal anything but what I already have. I do collect and stash new "toys"...though.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #9
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I shot a Sig P220 in .45 ACP that my brother-in-law's neighbor brought over to his house to show us, a while back.

I remember thinking that it was quite smooth in operation, but that it seemed to have a pretty long trigger pull - but that was after I'd been shooting my 1911 most of the day, so it could have just been subjective.

Would I own one? Without hesitation.

I don't know about their other products.
My P228 came with a short trigger reset. I liked it so much I installed one in my P229.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:11 AM   #10
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I have a Gronk 17, in a Galco "agent" shoulder rig, for concealed carry and a Ruger LC9 to use as a pocket pistol. I probably am not going to carry or conceal anything but what I already have. I do collect and stash new "toys"...though.
How do you like that shoulder rig? Seems they would be easier to conceal a larger pistol, like the G17 and G22. Larger meaning not compact, like the G19.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #11
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
How do you like that shoulder rig? Seems they would be easier to conceal a larger pistol, like the G17 and G22. Larger meaning not compact, like the G19.

Brian

It is the best rig I have ever used. I often forget I am wearing it. Couple weeks ago I went out for a haircut...took off my jacket, sat in the chair and was getting my haircut when I realized my Gronk 17 was ridding under my armpit...and my CC was not CC. The gal who was cutting my hair didn't say a word. I just went with it. Got my cut, paid, put my jacket on and left.

Much worse than sneezing....blowing snot all over and down your beard...not knowing it was there...and going out into public with green hitch hikers waving "howdy" to the world. AND...no one saying a damn word about the snot all over your mug.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #12
sprat

I like sig pistols they are well made and very reliable. I have been carrying Sig P-series pistols for over 10-15 years believe it or not i prefer the single stack P-225 ( P-6) it is slim and easily concealable the drawback is the 7 round mag. I moved up to the sig 2340 the 40 cal grandfather to the P-2022 another great gun. I am currently carrying a Glock 22 in 40 cal , but I am thinking of going back to the 9mm either a G-17 or sig 2022
the newer sigs are polymer framed like the glocks
sprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:34 PM   #13
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
It is the best rig I have ever used. I often forget I am wearing it. Couple weeks ago I went out for a haircut...took off my jacket, sat in the chair and was getting my haircut when I realized my Gronk 17 was ridding under my armpit...and my CC was not CC. The gal who was cutting my hair didn't say a word. I just went with it. Got my cut, paid, put my jacket on and left.

Much worse than sneezing....blowing snot all over and down your beard...not knowing it was there...and going out into public with green hitch hikers waving "howdy" to the world. AND...no one saying a damn word about the snot all over your mug.
Thanks. You've confirmed what I have read, elsewhere.

Glad I shaved the beard off, years ago. No more "surprises".

Brian
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #14
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Smile

I've owned a SIG 229 for about a dozen years that is my home go-to pistol I keep by the bed. I put a Streamlite LED/laser on it about 6 years ago. It is a tack driver & 100% reliable after having put 3-4,000 rounds of 9mm through it over time.

I also own a P250 compact in .45 I bought for a carry gun. It took me a while to get use to its DAO feature but is a great auto-loader handgun. I'll take a SIG over a Glock any day of the week.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #15
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
Thanks. You've confirmed what I have read, elsewhere.

Glad I shaved the beard off, years ago. No more "surprises".

Brian
Under my Right arm I carry two spare re-load mags with 17 rds each. They seem to counter the weight of the pistol...on the other side very nicely.