Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Sights, Scopes, Optics, Binoculars, and Flashlights
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
Sanders

Default Feral Hogs Beware! FLIR Introduces the ThermoSight Pro PTS Series

Quote:
FLIR has expanded its product line with the ThermoSight Pro Series thermal weapons sights. These sights attach to a MIL-STD/1913 picatinny rail, and would be perfect for hunting feral hogs or predators at night.

The ThermoSight Pro Series consists of 3 models:

FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS233 – 19 mm lens, 4X digital zoom and 12-degree field-of-view
FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS533 — 50 mm lens, 4X digital zoom and 4.5-degree field-of-view
FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS733 — 75 mm lens, 4X digital zoom and 3-degree field-of-view

The FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS233 is currently available for purchase and has an MSRP of $2,199. The ThermoSight Pro PTS533, and the ThermoSight Pro PTS733 will be available towards the end of this year.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/fli...ro-pts-series/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
55chevy

Out of range for my pocket book!
55chevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55chevy View Post
Out of range for my pocket book!
For mine, also. But prices on thermal sights have come down 50 percent and more in the past couple years. Such a device used to MSRP in the $4,000 range.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Super nice damn I want one. Got to check the Florida lotto numbers.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #5
baboon
slug

After the renfest I'll have to give this some thought!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
After the renfest I'll have to give this some thought!
My God if those devices were in Nam troops who had those it would have been lights out no pun intended U.S would have owned the night.
They told me they had Gen. 1 night vision and they were kind of garbage? Night vision as taught those troops was to not look directly at suspected target but to look to the side "Perfrifeal Vision" and they said it worked.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #7
cerberus
Dud

..$.2.2.0.0.. FREAKIN DOLLARS? You must really want them hawgs bad. I hunt hog with a lever action .44mag or 30-30 depending on the field I'm hunting, WITH IRON SIGHTS. Oh yah, and I'M OLD. I mean, I like to spend money like the next guy, but, shitzam.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:47 AM   #8
CDawg
slug

That's an extremely useful capability when identifying targets at night or in cover. The video is impressive. I'll have to start a FLIR fund. That price is much more in keeping with my financial reality. It will take some time, but I see one of those in my future.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #9
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
..$.2.2.0.0.. FREAKIN DOLLARS? You must really want them hawgs bad. I hunt hog with a lever action .44mag or 30-30 depending on the field I'm hunting, WITH IRON SIGHTS. Oh yah, and I'M OLD. I mean, I like to spend money like the next guy, but, shitzam.
cerberus
Farmers with hog infestations want them bad. Feral hogs have gotten wise and learned it is safer for them to become nocturnal. So, hunters are almost forced to have to go to night vision gear.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #10
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Farmers with hog infestations want them bad. Feral hogs have gotten wise and learned it is safer for them to become nocturnal. So, hunters are almost forced to have to go to night vision gear.

I have 2 old buddies who use to trap hogs in Palestine Texas. They would get all their jobs by word of mouth. Between the two of them the would make $60K per year selling the hogs to asians from Dallas Fort Worth. They never charge the farmer to put out their traps.

When I go up to visit I'd run the traps with them. I remember on farm in particular that had corn, water melons, green beans & squash planted. It was totally messed up not only from the crop damage, but from the hogs rooting around too. Horse & cattle ranchers loose animal to broken legs from the hog ruts.

Another buddy of mine has a family farm up in Palestine too. We went up to visit the old men & then went by my buddies farm. We drove up on a sounder of hogs under a feeder the never even spooked with us about 30 yards away. It would have been a nice time to have had a couple of my machine guns or even the Benelli M4 loaded with #4. His farm is pretty close to, to much other businesses. The Texas State Rail Road devides his property.
http://texasstaterailroad.net
I'm just about paranoid about shooting that close to them with the machine guns, even with it being legal to use a machime gun on the hogs. The Okra movie The Color Purple was filmed oh parts of his land.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #11
4thIDvet
slug

Pigs are in the top 10 of the animal world for intelligence. Believe it or not Octopuses are right up their with them or equal in intelligence. Yup they learn quick and will soon outwit hunters and take over the U.S. of A.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #12
Sanders

Rumor control says that the state is poisoning hogs. If you shoot one and the fat has a blue tint to it, then it isn't safe to eat the meat.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #13
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Rumor control says that the state is poisoning hogs. If you shoot one and the fat has a blue tint to it, then it isn't safe to eat the meat.
Damn that is not good. Nothing like a good pig roast where everyone who frigging eats dies. First person who gets sick or worse is going to sue the dog piss out of the damn state if that is true?
Plus God know how many other animals are eating the bait. Frigging idiots.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #14
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Damn that is not good. Nothing like a good pig roast where everyone who frigging eats dies. First person who gets sick or worse is going to sue the dog piss out of the damn state if that is true?
Plus God know how many other animals are eating the bait. Frigging idiots.
Well, Rumor Control isn't always accurate, that's for sure.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #15
baboon
slug

Feral hogs are easily baited to sour corn. One recipe used diesel fuel & Kool Aid mixed into the corn.

Hell we have even used Texas cude oil painted on trees that they rub on.