Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 01-20-2022, 08:48 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Thumbs up Ammunition plant to open near Texarkana

Quote:
They have begun preparation work on the East Campus of TexAmericas Center, purchasing the main G Line of the former Lone Star Army Ammunition plant, and have begun preparing the site for operations.

Recently, they also have begun a recruiting drive, advertising an on-site job fair they have coming up Jan. 29. They plan on employing more than 400 by 2023 and have plans beyond that.

The facility will specialize in the production of primers, a key component in ammunition manufacturing, for the small arms industry.

"We have invested $100 million into the site so far," said Richard A. Smissen, owner, Expansion Industries. "This is all about supply and demand. There is serious demand in the industry for this product and right now, for various reasons, the supply chain is falling woefully short. So we are getting ready to do our part to help out with that issue."

Smissen describes the new facility as state-of-the-art, featuring a high level of automation. He said the site at the former Lone Star Army Ammunition plant is uniquely situated for what they will be doing.

"The manufacturing facilities at Lone Star were set up for ammunition manufacturing," said Smissen. "Not only the way the facilities are laid out on the former base, but the facilities themselves are hardened to protect against possible accidents working with this material. What is here was ready for someone like us to come and set up shop. So we've had our people in there getting it ready for a modern manufacturing facility. We aim to be up and running in the first few months of this year."

Besides getting the facility ready to go, Expansion Industries has already begun recruiting efforts for talent. Though touting modern automated manufacturing facilities, they still will have a sizable labor force, ranging from custodial to skilled labor and technicians, to their own force of truck drivers. They are looking at a wide range of talent.
https://www.texarkanagazette.com/new...nFu_KkAJdsUoc0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_S...munition_Plant
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:19 PM   #2
JD Miller
Fake Member

We Need more ammo

Old 01-21-2022, 08:43 AM   #3
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

Do they foresee a very high demand from the military? The US had to purchase ammo from foreign sources in the past, not to mention the world coming unglued.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:30 AM   #4
Sanders

I was more excited to see the Remington ammo plant in Arkansas when I drove cross country last year, than many of the other things I saw.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:53 AM   #5
GimpyPaw

Where are they going to get the primers?
GimpyPaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:37 PM   #6
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyPaw View Post
Where are they going to get the primers?
Quote:
The facility will specialize in the production of primers, a key component in ammunition manufacturing, for the small arms industry.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:20 AM   #7
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

Yaahhh! Now we can have primers to reload with, but @ what cost? Will we have to be jabbed to buy primers or can we be pure bloods & still buy primers?
FloridaAKM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:30 AM   #8
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

I'd like to see an American manufacturer start cranking out steel case ammo in various calibers. Seems like a ripe time for it.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:16 AM   #9
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
I'd like to see an American manufacturer start cranking out steel case ammo in various calibers. Seems like a ripe time for it.
Palmetto State Armory said they were going to. Don't know when, though. I believe they were going to import the machinery from Eastern Europe.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:05 AM   #10
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

Not a reloading topic, but better for me. A fellow member of another forum posted of a company named shootammo.com yesterday that had a special on 5.56 & .300 BO made by Barnual with steel cases. It also had a coupon for your first order of $10 bucks. It was 145 grain supersonic & cost me $252.00 per case of 500 so I got 2 cases which ran $519.00 for the total order, equal to what I paid years ago.

After 30 minutes or so, I got confirmation & they labeled that caliber OOS. Damn that was good luck on my part after all these years of $1.50 .300 ACC BO ammo & now the resuppy chopper came to visit.
Old 03-20-2022, 01:07 PM   #11
dinkydow

Ammunition...the coming currency that is going to replace the worthless paper money.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:44 PM   #12
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

Too bad I didn't convert more of my 401k to ammo, last month I lost $14k in value. The ammo fort just keeps growing in size & value!

You spend your money & its gone, you shoot your ammo & you can reload it as good as new if not better.

FJB