Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
ALL SEEING EYE
Member of Kidzworld Forum now

Default Why does "Church" have to be so structured and boring.

Dont get me wrong,I believe in the birth,life,ministry,death and ressurrection of the living God,Jesus Christ.But I could set my watch to the morning activities,stand up,sing,sit down,stand up,sing to the same old songs.And finally the Pastor preaches the same subject,just spins it a different way.Then when the Pastor is done beating a dead horse,you stand up,sing,and march off to your bible study class,to listen to a no-brainer subject from the bible,by that time my eyes have glazed over,and Ive tuned out.My question is,with all of the compelling subjects/stories and downright crazy shit(the supernatural of God) that is in the bible,why arent church leaders more creative?.GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL SEEING EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Pay more attention, get more involved, start your own church.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
ALL SEEING EYE

Thats right 10 Bears,but I dont think Ill be starting my own church anytime soon.I mean,you are supposed to the Church everywhere you go,sometimes,easier said than done.Some ears are open,some are not.I taught a bible study class at my previous church,I liked doing that.It had a glitch,during one of my classes I mentioned how President Obummer isnt the problem,but it is the people who voted for him.Well the pastors wife was sitting in on my class,she voted for Obummer,Whoops!.Sometime after that,the pastor made the bible study class leaders follow a "Curriculum",Yawn!,Boring.Ill be praying about this.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:47 AM   #4
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Most ministers now a days are people pleasers rather than God pleasers. They wont rock the boat but camp around inoffensive ear tickling.

Real Bible preaching is confrontational and controversial and offensive to the status quo.

Most denominations hierarchy are stacked with paedophiles, pedo enablers, adulterers, greedy, money hungry snake oil salesmen that have sold their souls to the devil. Proof positive of that is the way that faggotry, adultery and fornication is accepted by many if not most in the church now a days. For the biggest part, no sin is challenged. Churches would rather offend God than man.

Real Bible preaching is like a brick through a plate glass window, confronting hypocrisy and evil, just as Christ did with the pharisees, scribes and teachers of the law. A whip of cords and a set of balls to go with it when dealing with corruption.

Sadly, people would rather the wishy washy mamby pamby Joel Osteen approach or the Jumpin' Jan Crouch come Benny Hinn snake oilers and their bless me clubs.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
2Ti 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

2Ti 3:1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2Ti 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
2Ti 3:4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--
2Ti 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

2Ti 3:12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
2Ti 3:13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Last edited by 9teen11; 01-08-2017 at 03:50 AM. Reason: I wanted to put the Bible quotes in italic. Thought it would look better.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:04 AM   #5
ALL SEEING EYE

,Thanks,those are words to live by!.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

1911 is a minister and a top notch guy from down under, had the pleasure to meet him a few years ago and yes he confirmed my fears....Australians are all crazy.

just kidding.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #7
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
1911 is a minister and a top notch guy from down under, had the pleasure to meet him a few years ago and yes he confirmed my fears....Australians are all crazy.

just kidding.
Fair go mate! I'm mad as a hatter!

It was darn good to meet you face to face Fred, you drove a few hours just to say "G'day". I really appreciated that.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:55 AM   #8
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Joel Osteen is a fraud - preaching that Christ promises prosperity and all good things
for your good works. All contrary to scripture. When the old Summit building (later
the Compaq Center) in Houston was converted into the latest theatre called Lakewood
Church, the first words affixed to the external wall were 'JOEL OSTEEN Ministeries',
much later followed by 'Lakewood Church'.

It's all razmtaz and showbiz.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #9
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen11 View Post

It was darn good to meet you face to face Fred, you drove a few hours just to say "G'day". I really appreciated that.
But you flew a day and a half!
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #10
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Most ministers now a days are people pleasers rather than God pleasers. They wont rock the boat but camp around inoffensive ear tickling.

Real Bible preaching is confrontational and controversial and offensive to the status quo.

Most denominations hierarchy are stacked with paedophiles, pedo enablers, adulterers, greedy, money hungry snake oil salesmen that have sold their souls to the devil. Proof positive of that is the way that faggotry, adultery and fornication is accepted by many if not most in the church now a days. For the biggest part, no sin is challenged. Churches would rather offend God than man.

Real Bible preaching is like a brick through a plate glass window, confronting hypocrisy and evil, just as Christ did with the pharisees, scribes and teachers of the law. A whip of cords and a set of balls to go with it when dealing with corruption.

Sadly, people would rather the wishy washy mamby pamby Joel Osteen approach or the Jumpin' Jan Crouch come Benny Hinn snake oilers and their bless me clubs.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

2Ti 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
2Ti 3:4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--
2Ti 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

2Ti 3:12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
2Ti 3:13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
Jesus, himself, was very confrontational and offensive to all, but the true believers of the time. And you're absolutely correct about the "Most ministers now a days are people pleasers rather than God pleasers. They wont rock the boat but camp around inoffensive ear tickling." I find those ministers very offensive, as they're basically lying to you.

Years ago, in my late teens or early twenties, I witnessed an old fashioned Baptist tent revival, in south ippississiM. That turned me even further away from the Church, as I thought they were very, well, angry and just plain mean. I am thinking that is because of my upbringing in the "softer" Methodist churches I was "forced" to attend when Grandma was in town. So, I flat stayed away and had many excuse to do so.

I was very wrong. What they were saying wasn't "feel good or pleasing", but rather the hard truths. I did not and still do not agree with everything they were saying, abut they were nonetheless right.

I came to the Church recently, like the last several years, on my own. I had the opportunity to question an ELCA Lutheran pastor, at an American Legion function. I say question, I meant shared personal views about the ELCA and it's associated tacit approval of PC views. I believe to this day, I may have scared the little guy.

My wife and I attended that little Church he pastored and found some of those hard truths, mention earlier, quite contrary to the ELCA's liberal/leftist views. Our pastor now, is quite conservative and gets into the "hard truths". I appreciate that. That little country church has been in constant and continuous operation since 1848. It has survived the Civil War, the Bushwhackers and everything else thrown it's way. There is no room for the PC niceness, that has plagued so many other churches.

Quote:

We are witnessing this every day, especially, "2Ti 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good..."

People really need to start paying close attention to what's going on around them.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #11
Legion489
Dud

Come to Anchored In Faith Church is Oxford, Iowa. Wait until we have some of the guest speakers from down in southern Iowa come up. Like one guy likes to say he "has ADD, XYZ, KGB, ABC, and a few others." The guy is a riot, swings from the chandeliers (or would if we had any) and actually preaches a good sermon. Also try Anchored In Faith on You Tube, and hit the classics with Pastor John Honn. Unfortunately Pastor John died 6 years ago last April, but he was the best preacher you ever heard.
Legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:06 PM   #12
Alpha1/9

A good preacher is gonna be stepping on some toes.
Alpha1/9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:34 PM   #13
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

It all boils down to the fact that times will continue to get worse as we go on. To not believe that is to not believe the Prophecy of the Word itself. We now live in a world where there are no "winners" and there are no "losers." Everyone is given a participation trophy regardless of how good or bad you are. That same mentality and philosophy has now infected many of today's Churches. Everyone is going to Heaven if we all just smile big enough.

Ironically, I stumbled across this thread as I was finalizing tomorrow message on the last portion of Matthew 25. The Church building, while it is special, it is not really the Church. The building is simply a gathering place for believers to come together and be inspired and lifted up by other believers. It is a place to give honor to God. But the mission field always has been and still is the world. John Wesley was famous for having the sign over the exit that stated, "You are now entering the mission field."

Sometimes people forget the concept of saving the lost. Very seldom do they ever come to the doors of the Church looking to be saved. That translates to mean, you have to go out and find them. In the Parable of the Lost Sheep, the shepherd leaves the 99 to go find the one that was lost. But see how well it flies in today's world and Church if you try to save a struggling drug addict or help a stranger instead of going to visit Aunt Bessie that is sick in the hospital.

Not well. Ask me how I know.

Simply put, many ministers today are trained in the way of hospice care when it comes to the needs of the Church. In other words, if you can simply keep the doors of the Church open another 10 years, you will be considered successful in most of today's Churches.

A phrase that I once used as a joke has unfortunately became standard practice. And that phrase is, "Most ministers today wouldn't know the Holy Spirit if He bit them in the butt."

And yes, I did use masculine terminology to refer to the Holy Spirit.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #14
A.J.
Dud

I'm 53 years old. I grew up Catholic, went to Catholic schools, got fed up with church in high school and stopped going. Never went back except for weddings and funerals.

Over the years I've found that some of the worst, back-stabbing, evil, nasty sobs were church-going, bible thumpers. I do the right thing every day. Sometimes I fail. Sometimes I get it right. I don't need some self-proclaimed holy man to tell me what's right and what's wrong. I already know.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:20 AM   #15
Stalky

Quote:

Sorry to barge into a conversation.Apologies first.
Doesn't the term mad as a hatter apply to cyanide and other chemicals used to make fur pelts more supple and pliable in the hat material? I think about the Eastwood movie with a crazy girl in it. Good movie BTW.
Stalky is offline   Reply With Quote