Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 07-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #31
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Mine is a Korean War era M1 Garand. I'm pretty sure the canvas sling is the correct one for that period.

I have thought about getting a leather sling if I could find an original in near mint condition for my collection. I don't know enough about them though to avoid getting stung by buying a newly made copy.
I have a leather sling on one Garand an canvas on the other, the WWII era M1 has canvas, my uncle told me it was like he was issued in 1944. The leather to the best of my knowledge were actually WWI issue for the 1903. Same with the long bayonets that were WWI however many were used at the beginning of WWII on Garands.

Nice M1 pogo
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #32
TinmanIA
Demon of the Midwest
Disc Dash Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Railway Line Champion

Hubba hubba hubba, shes a hottie.
TinmanIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #33
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Default Accoutrements for Rachel

Thought I'd chime in on this ol' thread.
DirtySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #34
Gus

Steve is that Rachel in the images you posted, reason I ask is she looks different.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #35
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Steve is that Rachel in the images you posted, reason I ask is she looks different.
It's Rachel, maybe the lighting was different.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #36
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySteve View Post
It's Rachel, maybe the lighting was different.
Sure was, she has a walnut stock set, from the first images I thought she had birch for sure.

I know you like messing with that new M1, maybe you can get some pics in good lighting.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 PM   #37
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Sure was, she has a walnut stock set, from the first images I thought she had birch for sure.

I know you like messing with that new M1, maybe you can get some pics in good lighting.
I'll try! My photography skills aren't going to stop traffic though! On the bright side, her "battle zero" was lovingly dialed in this past Monday.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:33 AM   #38
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

Absolute beauty!!!
Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think, and act for myself--and then I will obey every law or submit to the penalty." - Chief Joseph
Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.)
quod futue te ipsum est quid
Havoc308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #39
flutedchamber

Gorgeous, just gorgeous. I have a soft spot in my heart (and brain my wife says) for US military rifles (OK, and Mausers).

The clip on the upper handguard comes off fairly easily with the pliers that Brownells sells, though you can use a pair of external snap ring pliers for the job.

I put new wood on mine and finished it with umpteen coats of hand rubbed linseed oil. It still has a ways to go.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolf Hitler,1935
flutedchamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutedchamber View Post

The clip on the upper handguard comes off fairly easily with the pliers that Brownells sells, though you can use a pair of external snap ring pliers for the job.
I made a crude little tool that worked for me.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #41
OSOK

Wow - nice lookin Garand! And I like the flag too