Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Sights, Scopes, Optics, Binoculars, and Flashlights
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-15-2021, 09:31 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

gun Sig Sauer's Romeo Zero Holographic Sight

Yesterday while at the Fun Shop buying Freedom Seeds, I mentioned to my friend that went with me, that my wife likes my Sig P365XL, and she now wants one.

One of the guys behind the counter says, "I can help you with that!", then reaches into the display counter directly below where I was standing, and pulls out a P365XL with the Romeo Zero optic mounted on it. The price tag was about $820. I spent about 15 minutes checking it out. I didn't turn it on though, and now I wish that I had.

I also saw that the Fun Shop sells the Romeo Zero optics separately, for $188. I thought very seriously, of buying one right then and there, but didn't. Sig sells them for $220 on their website.

Anyone here run one?

https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo-zero-1x24mm.html

A video review of the Romeo Zero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zilU...aryArmsChannel

Last edited by Hunter07; 03-15-2021 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Added the video.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:29 AM   #2
Sanders

Jerry Miculek has even gone to a red dot. He says it is the future of handgunning.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:17 PM   #3
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Jerry Miculek has even gone to a red dot. He says it is the future of handgunning.
I watched that video last night, in one of the posts below.

I've read a bunch of the reviews at the Sig website also. It seems to me, that there are a bunch of idiots that don't know shit about them, commenting. I'm wanting to learn about them, then make an informed decision, as to whether or not I buy one.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:31 PM   #4
Sanders

Just for me, a red dot on a pistol is something I don't believe I need. I would like a good set of tritium night sights, though.

To me, a pistol is point and shoot. A red dot is just something else my brain has to process on the way to pulling the trigger.

Now, if they work for others, that's entirely up to them. It takes no food off my table, nor picks my pocket what they do with their setups.

Jerry is a competition shooter. If a red dot gives him an edge, or enables him to keep up with those who are using them, then it makes sense.

Besides a good set of tritium night sights, I'd also put a good flashlight over a red dot.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:26 PM   #5
CDawg
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Just for me, a red dot on a pistol is something I don't believe I need. I would like a good set of tritium night sights, though.

To me, a pistol is point and shoot. A red dot is just something else my brain has to process on the way to pulling the trigger.

Now, if they work for others, that's entirely up to them. It takes no food off my table, nor picks my pocket what they do with their setups.

Jerry is a competition shooter. If a red dot gives him an edge, or enables him to keep up with those who are using them, then it makes sense.

Besides a good set of tritium night sights, I'd also put a good flashlight over a red dot.
I have to agree with you. I like the 2 Sig red dots that I have mounted on AR's, but a rifle is much more stable. The thing with pistols is that every minute shake translates into movement of the red dot. Same thing happens with lasers on pistols. They dance around too much for me and it's more distracting than helpful. I know that movement is happening with iron sights too, but seeing it so vividly amplified by a red dot or laser kind of shakes my confidence. I'm sure with enough practice I could get used to it, but I don't see the need to. I'm confident enough in my ability to put the bullets where I want them to go with my pistol's iron sights. On the rifles, I have them set up for an absolute co-witness with the iron sights. So I'm really just using them to enhance my iron sights with something lighted. If the red dot dies or gets washed out by the sun, no problem. I still have a good sight picture. Even with my ACOG (which I trust far more than any electronic battery driven sight), it's carry handle mounted, so I can immediately look under it and use the irons if it gets damaged or obscured. I believe anything that can go wrong will. ...and probably at the worst time. My iron sights have never failed and I can't imagine too many scenarios where they would or could. If it were merely a range toy or specifically a competition gun, then I might feel differently about a mounted optic. But for any weapon that I would possibly need to use for self defense, I don't trust them enough to bet my life on them. On our nightstand pistols, my wife and I both have night sights and lights mounted. In my opinion, that's all the pistol enhancements that I need for my purposes. I'm not presuming to tell anyone what's best for them, just explaining the reasoning behind my personal choices.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:37 AM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
My iron sights have never failed and I can't imagine too many scenarios where they would or could.
How I feel. Handguns are for short distance combat, normally under 20-30 feet and with a 4 or even a 5 inch barrel a one degree movement may place that laser off target at 50 feet. it's about 3-4 feet at 100 feet if I remember.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:07 PM   #7
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

I've read a bunch of reviews on the Romeo Zero, and talked with a couple guys I know, that are very familiar with them. Based on the reviews and conversations, IF I were to get a red dot for it, it'd be a Holosun.

For now, I'll stick with the factory night sights (Trijicon?)......
Old 05-09-2021, 12:06 PM   #8
CDawg
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
I've read a bunch of reviews on the Romeo Zero, and talked with a couple guys I know, that are very familiar with them. Based on the reviews and conversations, IF I were to get a red dot for it, it'd be a Holosun.

I've been doing quite a bit of reading and watching of videos about optics on pistols in defensive situations since my last post. The take away I got from my research leads me to believe they definitely have their place, but like everything else, there are trade offs. Cost is one. Taking subcompact pistols and adding things on top of them, making them not so "subcompact" anymore, is another. Also, most people need to do some serious practice (dry fire and live fire) to get comfortable and proficient with them. ...and you may or may not have to replace your irons, if you want a cowitness with your optic. I agree that engaging at distance with an optic equipped pistol would be much better in certain unique situations, such as an encounter with a rifle equipped active shooter at distance. ...especially in low light. So, as always, one must decide and prepare for the "most likely threat" they will encounter.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:30 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post

HOLOSUN REFLEX SIGHT, CIRCLE DOT RETICLE WITH SOLAR & QD - HS510C
(28) | 17 Questions, 26 Answers$399.99$309.99

https://palmettostatearmory.com/holo...qd-hs510c.html

I like Holosun Hunter I had these on all my ARs before Jesus came to my door and my buddy 44044 told me to give him my evil firesticks.
They make good products.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:45 PM   #10
WFO2

I run a romeo zero on a sig P365 sas . I removed the The embedded FT Bullseye front sight . I bought a mounting plate from Nameless Armament . I have been carrying it for a while and it is spot on and easy to use once you get used to it . Since my brain surgery I either have to point shoot or use a red dot .
WFO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:41 AM   #11
Bluntforce
slug

pirate

Went with Holosun ACSS reticles on two ARs over the Sig. Might get more later.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:24 AM   #12
graynote

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDawg View Post
I've been doing quite a bit of reading and watching of videos about optics on pistols in defensive situations since my last post. The take away I got from my research leads me to believe they definitely have their place, but like everything else, there are trade offs. Cost is one. Taking subcompact pistols and adding things on top of them, making them not so "subcompact" anymore, is another. Also, most people need to do some serious practice (dry fire and live fire) to get comfortable and proficient with them. ...and you may or may not have to replace your irons, if you want a cowitness with your optic. I agree that engaging at distance with an optic equipped pistol would be much better in certain unique situations, such as an encounter with a rifle equipped active shooter at distance. ...especially in low light. So, as always, one must decide and prepare for the "most likely threat" they will encounter.
I don’t like supporting Chi-Coms but the Holosun is a solid dot. Better than the Romeo Zero.
graynote is online now   Reply With Quote