Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 11-19-2021, 06:16 PM   #16
dinkydow

Here we go....images...I liked the brass frame. It has Navy sized grips...but....is in caliber .44. I expect I will also snag an 1860 Army with a color cased frame and Army sized grips. Hard to have to many cowboy guns.

[IMG]20211110-162638[/IMG]

[IMG]20211110-162652 [/IMG]

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:28 PM   #17
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
That's cool my buddy 44044 helped me aquire one and their super fun to shoot. The percussion like the self contained round was probably one of the most creative inovations of its time.
No more praying it don't rain so that dang fire stick goes off when them Injuns are circling the wagons. No offense to the Injuns here yah did get a bum deal.
Just a single shot that someone gave me

that they had for years, and they never

shot it, they gifted it to me and I had it

for about 20 years and I was glad to pass

it along to someone that might use it...

And I was afraid that it might decide to

shoot me in the middle of the night, so I

had to get rid of it because it was Bad...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 11:39 PM   #18
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

I love the looks of the brass frames on these old pistols.
Just remember they're not going to take the beating that the steel framed ones will.
Limit the powder to light loads if you want it to last. About 22 grains is all that's recommended. Been shooting mine with the lighter loads for many years, justvas much fun and no noticeable wear or damage to the frame.

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:17 PM   #19
dinkydow

Got it. Purchased because it is pretty...and able to propell a .44 round ball at a lethal velocity...if... needs must. Powder Info is both noted and appreciated.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:09 PM   #20
Finnish Temper

She's a beaut. Reminds me of my first pistol. Bought it from montgomery ward, with my cow money when I was just a kid. It was a kit,unblued and the frame wasn't polished. Biggest butcher knife I could find on the farm,as my Bowie and that pistol I was the cock of the walk.
Finnish Temper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:16 PM   #21
Finnish Temper

Also make sure you put a dab of grease over the balls or a lubricated felt wad under them so you don't get what's called a chain fire in the cylinder.
Finnish Temper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:14 PM   #22
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish Temper View Post
Also make sure you put a dab of grease over the balls or a lubricated felt wad under them so you don't get what's called a chain fire in the cylinder.

I learned that excellent shooting tip fifty years ago while reloading the cylinder of an 1860 Army pistol, that was owned by another Sgt., while we were on the pistol range at Ft Carson. Black powder is not to be triffled with. Some of the guys were unwilling to accept that the 1860 Army, was and still is, a man-stopper.

Hmmmmm....
Old 12-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #23
JD Miller
Fake Member

https://taylorsfirearms.com/media/ca...3/1/317pie.jpg
Old 12-02-2021, 06:26 PM   #24
500grains
Soldier of Allah

That revolver is surprisingly affordable.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:14 PM   #25
dinkydow

I am going to purchase another 1860 Army. I also want one with a CC hardened frame and the army/cavalry sized grip.. I want a 3rd model Dragoon, also. There is room in the toybox for more toys.
I can think of no good reason not to have more BP, roundball spitting, pistols. I will make a trip over to Log Cabin, to buy caps, balls, etc.
Old 03-14-2022, 03:12 PM   #26
dinkydow

It will be warming up soon.... Time to buy powder, caps, balls, etc. I need a BP bang fix.

Been a lotta years since I last burned BP.

I had the 1860 Army out and was fondling it earlier. One of my buddies stopped by to drink my booze and talk old smack with me. We looked at toys. Made plans to head over to Log Cabin Sports...Soon.