Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Fishing, Boating, Canoeing, Kayaking
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #1
The Lurker

Default ISO Canoe in N Fla

Looking for a canoe, I live just north of Fourth in N Florida.

Would prefer a fiberglass three seater around 16 ft,

Thanks!
The Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
RTO

Based on your location I am north of you near Green Cove springs.

I see many canoes listed on Craigslist that fit your description.

I have been looking for an Indian River 14' square stern, tunnel hull but don't want to pay new price for a used canoe like most people are asking for one.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:07 PM   #3
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Unless you are going to be canoeing on narrow winding streams I recommend the longest canoe you can get, especially on big waters if you want to carry 3 people.

If you will be canoeing on big open waters, make sure you get one with a keel. If you will be canoeing on whitewater or shallow water get one without a keel. If you don't have a keel on open waters it is difficult to keep the canoe going straight if you are paddling against the wind.

I have a 17' Michicraft aluminum canoe. You can feel secure in large open waters even going against the wind because of the keel.

I mostly kayak anymore. But I still enjoy getting the canoe out every now and then.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #4
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

My homebuilt 22' canoe damned sure had a keel.
Puget Sound was nowhere to be without one.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #5
The Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTO View Post
Based on your location I am north of you near Green Cove springs.

I see many canoes listed on Craigslist that fit your description.

I have been looking for an Indian River 14' square stern, tunnel hull but don't want to pay new price for a used canoe like most people are asking for one.
You know it!

I'm mostly looking for something I can push around the swamp, maybe take my wife and 4 year old daughter along sometimes.

Gonna raid Fouth's fishing spot!!!
Old 01-19-2015, 11:37 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Lurker the bad things about a canoe in this A.O. is when the moccasins drop in, they are hell to get out of.
Damn snakes love to sun in the tree branches then drop down when you go under and spook em. I have seen guys walk on water when them mean ass critters fall in their boats.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:54 PM   #7
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Lurker the bad things about a canoe in this A.O. is when the moccasins drop in, they are hell to get out of.
Damn snakes love to sun in the tree branches then drop down when you go under and spook em. I have seen guys walk on water when them mean ass critters fall in their boats.
Knew a guy that sunk his aluminum canoe, with his .44 Mag, shooting a silly harmless snake. He WADED to shore and wouldn't go back after the stuff that sunk to the bottom.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:57 PM   #8
RTO

Tim, if a moccasin wants you it will have you. I worry more about them big red wasps that seem to like to nest in tree limbs/brush above water here. I am allergic to wasp/bee stings and have to make like Lloyd Bridges to get away from them if I happen to disturb their nests in the branches or bushes. Then I have to worry about gators and moccasins in the water.

Maybe I'll just stay home the next time I decide to take the John boat out.
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:03 AM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Shoot them in the neighbors yard about once a month. .12 gauge with buck shot, they really go into orbit. We shot one it flew about 30 feet, landed in the middle of some people. God they screamed like little girls.
Another neighbor kid picked one up, damn near lost his arm. Not the venom so much as the bacteria in their mouths, they eat dead stuff.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:42 AM   #10
The Lurker

The snakes aren't as bad as those damn monkeys over at Silver Springs!

Cute little fuckers, but we pulled over to a little island just below the main spring to have a snack and soon we had them all over us!!

That was over ten years ago. Does anyone know if they are still there??
Old 02-03-2015, 09:00 AM   #11
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Yeah, the monkeys are still there. Bunch of them infected with Herpes, just like their disease ridden ghetto-dwelling descendants.

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #12
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post
The snakes aren't as bad as those damn monkeys over at Silver Springs!

Cute little fuckers, but we pulled over to a little island just below the main spring to have a snack and soon we had them all over us!!

That was over ten years ago. Does anyone know if they are still there??
Yes just spotted this post, they are still their as Gbob says. Been their since they filmed the old Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan movies at Silver Springs.
Sea hunt the T.V. series. Sorry guys they filmed that their also. Mr. Bridges was not in the ocean fighting those bad guys.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote