Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Camping, Backpacking, Outdoor Survival Skills
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Default Sta-bil effects on POV

I'd never run my vehicle with fuel treated with Sta-Bil unless it was a dire emergency, but after the fact, would a "Gumout" type product help, or would the fuel injection system be beyond help?
DirtySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
RetVet
Statistical Error

I use Sea Foam in my scooters (though I have read mixed reviews as to it being good or bad for fuel injected systems depending on who you talk to). IMO I would skip using any fuel treated with a stabilizer in my vehicles unless I really needed to.

Any "questionable" gas I run in my lawn mower or weed eater.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
baboon
slug

Buddy of mine out in the country puts it in his mule that stays out side in the weather.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
I use Sea Foam in my scooters (though I have read mixed reviews as to it being good or bad for fuel injected systems depending on who you talk to). IMO I would skip using any fuel treated with a stabilizer in my vehicles unless I really needed to.

Any "questionable" gas I run in my lawn mower or weed eater.
Figured as much, just figured I'd ask, thanks!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Buddy of mine out in the country puts it in his mule that stays out side in the weather.
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
gunkgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySteve View Post
I'd never run my vehicle with fuel treated with Sta-Bil unless it was a dire emergency, but after the fact, would a "Gumout" type product help, or would the fuel injection system be beyond help?

Why ?

What reason, I thought that was what it was for.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

The boat dealer where I had my motor worked on told me that Sea Foam was a good thing to put in the gas if it hadn't been run for a while.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

I've never had a problem with StaBil. Sea Foam is a good product.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
dinkydow

One of my friends uses SeaFoam in all his $$$$ military vehicles. Several tanks and his Armored Personnel carriers Jeeps, Halftracks....etc. He swears by it. I have been using Stable for one year now... My armor collector friend had so many problems with the carbs on his Stewart tank that he found a guy who can make solid brass, Carb float valves, for them, instead of using the Viton (polymer) tipped units found in all the carb overhaul kits these days. The high levels of corn squeezins and SHIT the refiners are now using fuck up carbs, fuel pumps and lines and fuel tanks on antique stuff. I think it is fucking up new cars to but it is being kept secret.

On the collector vehicle sites this topic is HUGE. Everyone is having problems with the fuel additives dropping out of solution in the fuel tanks of stored (for the winter) vehicles...

Carb and pump rebuilds have been a yearly party for a lot of us.... I am going to start draining the fuel out of the carb bowls by draining the tanks and idling them till they quit...if the Stable does not help... On my farm tractors I have used Stable. The MV on "ready standby" has Stable in the tank.

I hate this fucking corn fuel...

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

The farm tractors here, benefit from a dose of Marval Mystery Oil in the gas tank.

Brian
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I am going to start draining the fuel out of the carb bowls by draining the tanks and idling them till they quit.
That's what I do to my generator after using it or testing it. If the electricity goes off in the middle of a snow storm I don't want to have to be taking the carburetor apart and cleaning it.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #12
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Keep in mind that Sta-Bil is only good for about 6 months.

I added some to the gas tank on my bike last fall and rode it about 40 miles before I put it in the shed. I then rode it again on Dec. 26th and have fired it up a couple times since then (to get the oil back up in the motor).

I've had no issues using Sta-Bil.

If you're gonna store gas longer than 6 months, I'd recommend draining it and putting it in something like your car just before the 6 months is up, then add new gas & Sta-Bil to whatever it was that you had it in (boat, motorcycle, generator, etc.........).
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Rick in NY
Resident Nuisance

Hee-hee, I'm lucky. (for once)

Gas station about 15 minutes away from home sells zero-ethanol fuel for boats. Or so their sign says. They don't even blink when I show up with a few gas cans in the truck, fill my truck and the cans and drive home. Cost is about the same as regular with liquor added.