Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-28-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Default We could be down and out of business for a couple of days...

It depends on how fast after pointing the domain name to the server that is hosting the forum how fast the changes take effect. It often means a 2 day difference between the changes and when they become effective. This is often referred to as a DNS delay because the DNS (Domain Name System) changes take this two day delay to occur.

The reason we are making the change is if you look at the address bar, it is not reading www.dirtydozensbunker.com . As we have it now, it is working fine, but some people get confused about what is going on, and how to bookmark this forum.

I don't when this is going to happen. It could be soon, or it could be a week or so. I just wanted to let you know in advance that we could be down for a couple of days or so.

If we do go down, you can alway go back to our backup forum during the meantime: http://www.aokforums.com/gunconites/...s-forum-1.html
Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
hobbsbk
Angry White Male

that usually is seemless
no reason for it to be down at all.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:30 AM   #3
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbsbk
that usually is seemless
I hope so. I was reading the information on the forum's server website and they said there could be a delay. They could be just giving the worst case scenario.

Here is what they say:

After 24-48 hours, your domain should begin pointing at our servers. This delay is due to the design of the domain name system, and cannot be sped up, unfortunately. If it has been more than 48 hours, you can contact our support team to confirm if the changes have been made properly and if there is any issue. In some rare cases, these changes may take over 48 hours to occur from your computer, but not for other visitors.

Last edited by Pogo; 03-28-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #4
ptannjr
Just a dude!

Even my own personal family website took zero time for the proper name to show up in the addy bar.
ptannjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #5
partssman
Redneck Moderator

all will be waiting for the reboot.....we got plan B still...right?

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."
- Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch
partssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #6
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Yep, we can go to the alternate site if we have to. http://www.aokforums.com/gunconites/...s-forum-1.html
Old 03-28-2006, 10:06 AM   #7
Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbsbk
that usually is seemless

Agreed. IIRC, there is no downtime and it should just switch right over. I would think it should happen sometime today, it's been over 48 hours, hasn't it?
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
aviator
unum de multis

That's just for the main page, it shouldn't even affect the other pages, right? It shouldn't be a problem.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #9
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I don't know when they are going to do it. I haven't gotten a reply from them yet. I'm about ready to change the domain host, they are kind of a pain in the rear. I'm quite satisfied with the website host though. It's only a few bucks to switch domain hosts, so we'll see.