Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Computer Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Computer Forum For questions and conversations about Computers and the Internet

Old 08-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #1
JD Miller
Fake Member

Spinz Quick smart phone question

Im going to the Verizon corporate store tomorrow not a Retail one.

To pick out a smart phone. So I should make sure its a Unlocked phone

and a Android? not a Iphone.

I think Pogo and others recommended a Android cause its simpler easier?
Old 08-23-2018, 11:17 PM   #2
Sheepdawg
Happiness is a warm K98k

I've always heard an Android was friendlier for us computer challenged old timers. The people I know with I phones like them but I can't figure out how to do the things I can do with my S4.
Sheepdawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

I looked at a Samsung galaxy J3 last time. Is there any reason I need bigger GB ?

I know Ill use google map to get to and find construction job sites addresses in different towns. I'm a commercial building inspector. Dispatchers like to text info and I need email, they email me info in the field and on the road
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

JD I just retired my flipper phone it was about a dozen yrs. old. Now I am about a week into this AT&T I phone and surprised I really like it. Neighbors 15 yr. old daughter is giving me lessons on using it hell I did not even now how to turn the damn thing on.
Take your time with your new phone sit keep hitting buttons see what they do. If I can figure this thing out you sure can.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:46 PM   #5
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
JD I just retired my flipper phone it was about a dozen yrs. old. Now I am about a week into this AT&T I phone and surprised I really like it. Neighbors 15 yr. old daughter is giving me lessons on using it hell I did not even now how to turn the damn thing on.
Take your time with your new phone sit keep hitting buttons see what they do. If I can figure this thing out you sure can.
Sir, with my iPhone I have to shut it down

and restart it every day or two or it will

get to where it won’t hardly work...

Good luck...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:48 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

BZseed Head Up Display, Car HUD Phone GPS Navigation Image Reflector, Cell phone Holder Mount, Universal Smart Mobile Cell phone Holder Mount - Black

https://www.amazon.com/BZseed-HUD-Na...2AWTB0NDSCK47F

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOLOVER-Win...70_&dpSrc=srch
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:50 PM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
Sir, with my iPhone I have to shut it down

and restart it every day or two or it will

get to where it won’t hardly work...

Good luck...
I noticed that also with this one 44044 like wicked battery consumption when using it.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:57 PM   #8
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
I looked at a Samsung galaxy J3 last time. Is there any reason I need bigger GB ?

I know Ill use google map to get to and find construction job sites addresses in different towns. I'm a commercial building inspector. Dispatchers like to text info and I need email, they email me info in the field and on the road
If you use apps like that, make sure that you get a phone thats minimum 16GB.

Bought a couple of samsung galaxy express with 8gb for the wife and I, it was a waste of money as system filled up too fast.
We both have the Galaxy Express Prime (think they are the J3) with 16 gb, holding up good for us so far, with all of the apps we have loaded.

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:58 PM   #9
Diesel 88888888
slug

Spinz

Anyone with an I-phone ip 8+ or under ought to go into any Apple store and have them check the battery, they will replace the whole phone for $27 if you have the right model.

I was curious and went into ATT to look at the new i-P X phones...in the process discovered that the battery on my ip-8+ had begun to swell and was ready to go bust and take the whole phone with it...I went ahead and bought the new i-P X and had everything on the 8-+ mirrored over to it...then the salesperson casually mentioned that he thought that Apple had a recall on some of the phones with bad batteries.

I walked to the other end of the mall and presented my old 8+ and after they checked it they gave me a brand new upgraded version for $27. I just took the extra home and sure enough one of the family members, my grandson, needed a phone tonight so I gave it to his dad to install his old chip in...details to follow.

These fabulous little hand held devices have more computing power than was available when we, the US, developed the A-Boomb n alls dat shit and stuff! I'll never learn everything that the i-P X can do but every day I work on adding something to 'my' memory banks.

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:28 AM   #10
JD Miller
Fake Member

here is the Galaxy J3 V third gen

2nd is a J7

Both are 16 gb , only thing I can tell is the j7 has a better camera pixel and cost alot more $

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smar...sku=sku3080116

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smar...sku=sku3080114
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:47 AM   #11
4thIDvet
slug

Diesel that is good info on the battery recall I remember hearing something about that thank you. My neighbor was talking about his phone and whatever the hell it is they wanted $200 to go in and replace his battery?
Did not sound right hell I don't know?

ADD: 44044 clear your inbox or when Merc is done slapping Rick around for not clearing his he is coming to see you kid.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:51 AM   #12
slug

Yes Sir...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:32 AM   #13
aviator
unum de multis

One of the latest iphone updates they give you a battery life routine within the operating system. I've been using iphones for a while now, the 4,5 and 6, I'm yet to have a problem.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:41 AM   #14
4thIDvet
slug

I just sent a text to 44044. Took me about 20 minutes to figure the damn thing out and I ain't sure it got sent. I probably could have driven to Missouri faster.

Fred does your I phone battery drain fast on your phones? Wonder if I just need a new battery??
Old 08-24-2018, 08:37 AM   #15
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

My first couple of phones were Motorola. I've since had several Samsungs. My current one is a Samsung S9. One big advantage of Androids is that you aren't limited to apps sold my Apple and you can load music and videos directly on your phone instead of having to use an app provided by Apple.

Iphones are just too restrictive for my liking. Androids don't limit you. It's like Apple and Microsoft vs Linux.