Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #1
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

Spinz 'I need to work': Texas veteran says he was fired from Home Depot after confronting shoplifters

A 70-year-old veteran says he’s out of a job after he tried to stop some thieves from leaving the Home Depot store where he worked. It appears what he saw as doing the right thing was against company policy. Jim Tinney says trying to do the right thing has guided him pretty well in life. “In the Army, they train you to do things like that,” Tinney said. Recently, Tinney said he saw three men carrying tool sets worth thousands of dollars to the checkout area at Home Depot. He said they seemed nervous. “One of them hollered ‘let’s go,’..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/16...oplifters.html
-----------

They should have given him a bonus & a raise.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

Peace is our profession. War is our hobby.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:44 AM   #2
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

So Home Depot just advertised to thieves that they will not stop them from stealing.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #3
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

That totally sucks. Home Depot sucks in a lot of other ways also.

When it comes to evil, to tolerate is to accommodate, to accommodate is to appease, and to appease is to concede defeat.

"Men find all kinds of ways to believe ANY absurdity!"

10 Bears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

At the Home Depot a bit back and a negro goes flying by me with a big box tool and out the front door. Security chases the negro and he hits the parking lot and heads toward the street.
So I ask the security kid why he is not chasing the negro?
"Store policy. Once they get out the front door were to call the police and NOT pursue or touch them." So if yah want free at Home Depot just make it out the front door.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
slug

A lot of stores are like that now...

Don't stop anyone, they don't want

to be sued...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:45 AM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

Let me tell you, at one local Home Depot some "security" guy thought my oldest son was stealing something, actually he had the old screw in his pocket and was trying to match it with a new one that he was buying and they stopped him and tried to go into his pocket without asking for permission or saying who he was, well the shit did hit the big fan because my son knocked the guy out cold and stayed there until cops arrived, they soon discontinued the practice of searching folks without their authorization. He was told never to go back to that store.

Je suis deplorable
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Let me tell you, at one local Home Depot some "security" guy thought my oldest son was stealing something, actually he had the old screw in his pocket and was trying to match it with a new one that he was buying and they stopped him and tried to go into his pocket without asking for permission or saying who he was, well the shit did hit the big fan because my son knocked the guy out cold and stayed there until cops arrived, they soon discontinued the practice of searching folks without their authorization. He was told never to go back to that store.
Your boy is one big lad and I damn sure would not put my hand in his pocket without asking. Hell I would not even want to mess with his little boy, he has that Jack Dempsey "Whada yah lookin at?" look about him.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #8
Diesel 88888888
slug

Nuke

Quote:

He can go back anyway; sans a court order they have to let the public in to shop!

Duty is Action; Fight of Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #9
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Your boy is one big lad and I damn sure would not put my hand in his pocket without asking. Hell I would not even want to mess with his little boy, he has that Jack Dempsey "Whada yah lookin at?" look about him.
This was the other son, before he was a high school principal, now he can not afford to do that sort of things or he'll get in trouble. But he has a bad temper, just like his dad. And he is bigger than me.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #10
slug

Quote:
So the security guy got his ass kicked

over a 'screw'......
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #11
dinkydow
Machine Gun Mod

Your Son should have pressed charges for assault against the dumbfuck.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #12
Sanders

I'm surprised I never got fired from Walgreens for catching shoplifters. Their policy is that if the person makes it out the door, it's theirs. They didn't like me tackling the kid in the parking lot who had a case of beer under each arm, but they didn't fire me, either.

The kid went on to commit a triple murder during a robbery at the Pizza Hut across the street about 6 months later. Oh yeah, he was an illegal, too.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #13
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Your Son should have pressed charges for assault against the dumbfuck.
He didn't know the guy was a security guard, he just felt a hand going for his pocket , grabbed it and hit the guy with a hook, he thought the guy was dead at first and freaked out, mind you a 6'5" guy at about 270 pounds at age 30 can hit hard. There was no report, the guy got up within a couple minutes and he had to put some ice on his hand before replacing the screw.. He now goes to a HD that's closer to his house.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #14
baboon
slug

That's what they pay their lose & prevention team to do!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #15
Stalky

It's the rules now. Be a sheep. Companies just raise prices to cover theft.
The legal,honest consumers pay for it. Modern business ideas suck.
Stalky is online now   Reply With Quote