Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #16
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
At first glance, I thought it was a .30 carbine.

Which would make a pretty slick autoloader, would it not?

I seen a guy with a .30 carbine AMT at the gun club about dusk shooting his. I was @ the other end of the pistol range & the report & muzzle flash were out of control. I had an AR with a 7.5 inch barrel that had less flash & you could see it's fireball in bright sun on that. At least there were options for containing the AR's.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #17
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

I like it and I don't usually go for .22 auto pistols.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #18
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Called my dealer.He has 45 of them on order.I reserved one.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #19
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Another plus to this is Slide and barrel are 4140 steel, frame is 7075 aluminum. Grip, slide cover, trigger, mag release, and safety levers are glass reinforced Nylon (Zytel)

I had thought by the looks it was a polymer frame,well its not.

In action,smg as well,

Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #20
gunkgy

Damn, large muzzle flash. Also appears to have quite a report to it.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #21
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rogers View Post
i think grendel tried to promote 1 similar back in th early 90's
Yeah ~ one of those turned up on a friend's table at a recent gun show. Thought about buying it, but finally decided that it really wasn't for me especially as Grendel ain't no more.

Now I'm wondering...
Old 06-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #22
cz7

Thumbs down no thxs !

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
They had an even earlier version of it. I almost bought a few to get mine for free when I still had the FFL.

Compare it to FN's Five7 pistol.
poor mans 57 at best but kal-tek has many Q/C troubles still today and yes they can fix them !
"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
cz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #23
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz7 View Post
poor mans 57 at best but kal-tek has many Q/C troubles still today and yes they can fix them !
Kel-Tec is sold out of all their firearms on a constant basis.They don't even have any stock on hand because everything made is already sold.I wanted a P-3AT but good luck finding any right now.A lot of people have nothing but good to say about their concealed carry line of handguns and folding rifles.I think that says a lot.

Not really interested in the 5.7 as the round it was designed for isn't even sold in the US.2nd the price on that ammo that is available is ridiculous and its scarce.3rd,I will support a US made product before supporting a foreign one.

Will see in the next few months just how reliable the PMR really is.By everything I have dug up on it,looks to be positive.I wouldn't call it a poor mans gun at all.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #24
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunkgy View Post
Damn, large muzzle flash. Also appears to have quite a report to it.

Why yes they do!

Coon hunting with my first 22 mgnum Single Six. Coon about 60 feet up in the tree.

(Coon hunters know it's pretty common for a coon to absorb a lot of 22LR, guys have been known to leave their dogs at tree while they went back to their truck for another box of 22's")

I took very careful aim between the yes in the beam of my miners lamp and squeezed the trigger.

BOOM (least that's the way I remember it.) there was a great ball of fire that lit up the woods and a streak of lightening went into that coons left eye, next was a rustle and the thud of his body hitting the dirt.

Total silence for 10 seconds 20 seconds then one quiet voice said "Where did you say you got that there six shooter?"

I've seen a demonstration of that flash and effectiveness calm down more than a couple of self styled badasses. Out of a little HS derringer of all things. Talk about a muzzle flash.

30 rounds of that on tap as required in a light handy package could be very useful!

If she proves reliable and acceptably accurate there WILL be one in my future!

22 mag is a hunters cartridge, and a damn fine one.

As always JMHO, YMMV.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #25
Sanders

The gun dealers I talked to at the gun show today are not as helpful as you all's.

They pretty much said they wouldn't see any of these pistols for a very long time. I asked them how many they had on order and they just got a dumb look on their face. I doubt Keltec or their distributors just send guns out to dealers just for shits and giggles - they do have to get their name on the list!

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #26
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
The gun dealers I talked to at the gun show today are not as helpful as you all's.

They pretty much said they wouldn't see any of these pistols for a very long time. I asked them how many they had on order and they just got a dumb look on their face. I doubt Keltec or their distributors just send guns out to dealers just for shits and giggles - they do have to get their name on the list!
That is correct,

As with the P-11's,P3AT's,from what I gather because of the high demand these firearms are reserved in advance by the gun shops.The video I linked here confirms that.The gentleman did a written review on his website about visiting the Kel-Tec factory.There are waiting lists so the dealers do have to get in line.

Sort of reminds me of the North American Arms Guardian 380's.When they first came out I remember reading they had waiting lists for up to 2 years.They were very popular.I still think they have waiting lists for those still but not as bad as Kel-Tec.I think they ran a much lower production facility.But back when those came out not everyone was making a pocket sized 380 like now.

I am glad my local dealer reserved some a few months ago.Looks like mid/late June when these start shipping.Not long now,fingers crossed.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #27
cdwoods

Default Kel-Tec PMR-30

I currently have a Grendel P-30 with 2 each 30 round magazines. I love shooting it and with a 30 round magazine it just last forever. I do want to get my hands on the new Kel-Tec PMR-30 as soon as possible, just to see how it will work out at the range.
cdwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #28
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Dealer called me yesterday to see if I am still interested.Price has finally been established.$425(tax included)Production has already started on the 1st batch for shipment so it shouldn't be more then 1-3 weeks I am told.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #29
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Its official,

Shipments to dealers started today.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:50 AM   #30
gunkgy

$425..... No thanks
gunkgy is online now   Reply With Quote