Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #31
Skuggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprklinWiggle
hardy har har assholes.

I MEANT, I want a light weight carry gun. I've got various colt 1911s and colt commander 45s. I WANT to try the polymer gig, and glock was recommended as a good gun or a springfield. I carry a colt commander 45 all the time, but that ****er aint happening when I go jogging. Weight is the name of the game I agree 9mm sucks, but if I get 17 shots, shit I think i can make it work.
I'll stick with my 15 shots of .40S&W
Old 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #32
Bulletboy
Troubleshooter

Folks LOVE to insult Glock! I'm not saying they are the greatest, but I have a fair amount of experience with them. For work, I had to carry a 17 for 4 years (and sometimes I still do), including using it in competition, and I had no complaints other than the following; The trigger SUCKS BALLS, so you replace a $19 dollar part, and its just fine. The guide rod is plastic, so you replace it with a steel or titanium one. If you find the plastic handle too slippery, you stick grip tape on there. They even make pre-cut pieces now. And if you get one without nightsights and you want them, you put em on.

That being said, theres tons of weapons that dont come with an ideal feeling trigger (most not as bad as glock though), and without night sights, even most 1911's come with those crappy plastic grips. I used to fire a couple thousand rounds through my 17 just about every weekend, and I dont remember a single jam. I DO remember a failure to feed, but only because I didnt seat the mag all the way.

All I'm saying is, in my opinion, the major things that make a shitty weapon are; inaccuracy, premature wear, inconsistency/jamming, and inability to function under adverse condtions. There are other factors, but not as important as those, and I have never seen a Glock fail in any of those areas. Now that my Glock defense is over, I'm sure I'll get a shitstorm for that, but oh well, it is what it is.

Here's what I think about it as a lightweight carry gun; It isnt. I haven't weighed them, but I figure a 17 with a full 17 rd mag weighs almost the same as a 1911. If it was me I'd go with a KelTec for jogging. JMHO

WWHBD?
(What Would Henry Bowman Do?)
Bulletboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #33
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

I'll agree with bullet on this. If you are looking for a carry piece for walking/jogging, I think the Kel Tec P-11 in 9mmP is your best bet. It is small, light weight, but packs enough punch in a pinch. In a situation like that, you are not trying to stand toe, to toe with the dirtbags, you are trying to dissuade them enough to allow you to escape alive, and call the cops.

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #34
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Oh BTW Bullet, I will not pile on you for your defense of Glock, I happen to agree with most of your points, but I still prefer a 1911 as the best sidearm, but that is just me.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #35
Bulletboy
Troubleshooter

OH no doubt Horse, I would have preferred to carry my 1911 for work, but we were required to use the Glocks on account of having interchangeable mags and ammo.
Bulletboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #36
nutinauniversalshell
Penguin Pass Champion

could always get a S&W. Mine are AWESOME!!! and older style.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #37
Sanders

I like to insult Glocks just because Glock fans get so worked up over it. It's like they feel inferior to 1911 and Sig owners or something.

A 1911 owner has 100 years of history on their side and doesn't need to constantly sing the praises of the pistol that has fought in 2 world wars, "police" actions, and has been the standard for bullseye shooting and practical pistol sports since they were founded...

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #38
DorGunR

Wink

The main reason I don't own a Glock is because I can't skateboard.
DorGunR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #39
gunnysmith
Fear what you cannot see

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorGunR
Noooo!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me it ain't so

H. L. Mencken
gunnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #40
Cephus
The OLD COOT one and only

Quote:
I'll teach ya right after ya get the inline shating down pat !!!!
THAT IS BLOOD

Cephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #41
NCshooter26

Quote:
I was wondering when I'd see that.
I think you'd be better off with the kel-tec if you really want it for carry. It's a hell of a lot smaller than the glocks, even the sub compacts, and you still have ten rounds of 9mm. That'll at least get you back to the truck to get a real weapon.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #42
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

I can't skateboard, roller blade, or even roller skate, but I can shoot. I have a Glock, because the price was right, and it is a decent stop gap weapon. I would not want to have to carry it in serious combat, but for getting groceries it is adequate.

I don't knock 9mmP because it is underpowered, after all, I own more 9mmP pistols than anything else, but it is underpowered compared to .45 ACP, and I own no .40 S&W, as I don't see enough improvement over 9mmP to justify having an interim round between 9mmP, and .45ACP. I don't find anything to be good enough at stopping to beat the .45ACP. Yes, there are other rounds that have similar, or even superior performance, but not enough better, in my experience to justify buying a whole new weapon, dies, bullets, etc, etc.

I am not big on wheel guns for carry weapons, as even the most experienced shooter is likely to cap off two, or three in an unexpected firefight before they settle down to take aimed shoots. With a wheel gun, you have wasted 1/3, to 1/2 your cylinders capacity, and the fight has hardly begun. In the winter, when you are wearing enough extra clothing, and have the extra pockets, you can carry plenty of extra ammo, but in the summer, I usually only have the mag in the weapon, and maybe a second. Not long duration in a firefight with that situation.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #43
SprklinWiggle
Cocaine in a can baby

Bought a glock 19, 3rd gen. Used, 200rds through it, $380. I'm happy, damn glock haters. Im impressed with it.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #44
Cephus
The OLD COOT one and only

As long as it makes you happy it just tickles the shit out me !!!!
Cephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #45
SprklinWiggle
Cocaine in a can baby

Well that is just great. Glocks are great. Lets wear flowers in our hair and join the peace corp.......
SprklinWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote