Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 11-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #61
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubinizzle View Post
The same group of people think that carrying a .45 will grow their dick twice as big
Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for the rest of us.
Eightball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #62
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for the rest of us.

10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #63
Jubinizzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
I buy guns because I like them, and to protect myself, not grow my already satisfactory fuck muscle

"When in doubt, attack!" -Gen. George S. Patton
Jubinizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #64
10 Bears

Quote:
I buy guns because I like them, and to protect myself, not grow my already satisfactory fuck muscle
As long as YOU find it satisfactory, it doesn't matter to anyone else.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #65
TheGreek!
Prepare for glory!

Quote:
Sorry, but this is horse shit. The idea that you only have to shoot someone once with a .45 is complete shit. Shot placement is KEY. Also just as big a load of BS is that you have to shoot someone with a bunch of 9mm rounds in order to kill them.

There have been plenty of people killed by a single 9mm round (Just ask Trayvon "Skittles n' Tea" Martin), and there have been plenty of people hit with multiple .45 rounds, and ran away to live another day. 6 out of 7 people who are shot with a handgun of any sort, survive. On the other hand, IIRC, it is over 50% of people shot with rifles die.

I grow weary of the mythical "stopping power" of a .45 ACP round. People think that they just shoot someone once with a .45, and they vaporize into thin air. The same group of people think that carrying a .45 will grow their dick twice as big, and who claim "I carry a .45 cause they don't make a .46!" Fucking STUPIDITY.

No matter what the size of your small arm, you will have to do your part. Just because you have a shotgun, doesn't mean you don't have to aim, just because you have a rifle that will shoot MOA at a grand, doesn't mean you know how to use it, and just because you carry a .45 doesn't mean you only have to shoot once.

I'm fucking tired of hearing this hyperbole about calibers, people, get the fucking out of your head, and do your Goddamned research.
I disagree. I don't need to worry about shot placement with my .50 cal 500 magnum. Its a one shot, one kill gun. If it hits your shoulder your arm is coming off, if it hits your thigh your leg is coming off, if it hits your chest most of your chest will be blown out your back. There is a lot to be said about big caliber guns and none of it is bad....

TheGreek! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #66
Jubinizzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek! View Post
I disagree. I don't need to worry about shot placement with my .50 cal 500 magnum. Its a one shot, one kill gun. If it hits your shoulder your arm is coming off, if it hits your thigh your leg is coming off, if it hits your chest most of your chest will be blown out your back. There is a lot to be said about big caliber guns and none of it is bad....

Partially true, but a through-and-through wound in an extremity is certainly survivable. So is dismemberment, for that matter, so long as you can get to the ER.

Of course, if you shot someone in the chest with that, they would probably not survive. But if they got hit in the leg, or arm, although it could very possibly dismember them, they could still survive with a Tourniquet.

I can say a few bad things about big caliber guns: Controlability, Shot recovery, Ammo prices, expensive guns, etc. But I get it, as far as terminal ballistics goes...
Old 11-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #67
Jubinizzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
As long as YOU find it satisfactory, it doesn't matter to anyone else.
lol
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #68
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Two to the chest, one to the head.

How I was trained with a pistol, how I train/practice still, and how I have responded under stress.

Yes, .45 ACP is not a magic bullet, or poison pill. Yes, you can kill a full sized adult male with a .22 short, but .45 ACP improves your odds.

Over the warmer months, yes I carry a 9mmP, but once it starts getting colder, I go back to .45 ACP, as the more clothing you have to overcome, the more power you want in the initial hit. Even when .45 ACP isn't fatal, it slows down the assailant long enough to get a second, or third attempt.

BTW: PCP can make an attacker not feel the pain, or even the strike of the first one, or two shots. I far prefer to vaporize their will/ability to resist/persist in the attack, over having to hope that a smaller calibre will convince them to cease resistance.

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #69
ESSOHBE
Deplorable

I want a 20mm pistol.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #70
Angry White Trash
slug

How bout a 30.06 pistol?
Angry White Trash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #71
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry White Trash View Post
How bout a 30.06 pistol?

That might be a bit over the top!

A guy I know bought a Magnum Research revolver chambered in .45-70. It was fun to shoot, but only for about three, or four rounds. VERY abusive of the wrist. Certainly not a practical side arm for anything other than hunting.

HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #72
10 Bears

Thompson-Center Contender in .444 Schaeffer was also a hell of a handfull!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #73
Bluntforce
slug

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by okla1911 View Post
My choice the Glock 23 in .40 cal. For about $150 more you can get a 9mm conversion barrel & some 9mm mags then have both. You can also add a .357 sig barrel too and 1 gun that shoots 3 calibers. The .40 cal mags should feed the .357 sig rounds fine but I'm not 100% on this. As I have not purchased the .357 sig barrel yet.
This.