Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #31
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Could be a nice to great SG, plinker, trail gun. Even SD against 2 legged varmints.

Wouldn't be very interested in carrying it only, in Bear, Hog or Moose country.

Only 32 suitable for that comes in a '94 Carbine or the regular 8mm variety.

JMHO, YMMV ... as always.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:36 AM   #32
rogertc1

327 is good for someone whom can't take harsh recoil of a 357. I'd not add it to my battery however. I kinda like recoil and i am old.
rogertc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #33
Glock AK47son
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew View Post
just an upgraded rimmed nambu.
Plus One!

.45 GAP-will shoot in .45 acp revolvers.
.38 special-will shoot in .357 magnums.
44 special-will shoot in .44 magnums.

At least the aforementioned calibers give you an extra ammo source for other caliber guns, that's excellent. .327 mag? Looks to be a one hit wonder. Why not buy a CZ82, if you qwant a small caliber pistol?
Glock AK47son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #34
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I think it was Charter Arms that came out with the first .327 Mag handguns - snub-nosed revolvers.

Yeah I saw those and I also saw an article in on how this will make a good defense round.I don't remember the source for it but I laughed.That job is perfectly served by 38spl and 357mag.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #35
Sanders

I was seriously considering getting my Mom a .327 Fed Mag snubbie made by Rossi. I had it in my hands and liked the looks and feel of it. Then I asked the salesman how many boxes of ammo he had on the shelf for it. He gave me a dumb look, then turned around to look for it - and found none. So, I gave the gun back to him and thanked him for his time.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 AM   #36
rogertc1

Caliber is a good choice for a small girl or a old man with a weak grip.
rogertc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #37
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogertc1 View Post
327 is good for someone whom can't take harsh recoil of a 357. I'd not add it to my battery however. I kinda like recoil and i am old.

Rubbish! The choice of a handgun in this cartridge has nothing to do with recoil. Since when have we judged the worth of any firearm by the amount of recoil? Duh.

Anyone who thinks a handgun in this cartridge is just for wimps and little girls had better go to their closets and toss out all their .22LRs and then come back and tell us how no "real man" would pick a .327 Mag.

The whole point of the thread was to say that this is very likely a damned interesting little cartridge...easily suitable for taking small varmints and edible game...if someone would produce it in a serious revolver w/4 to 6" bbl.

For sure it's a reloading proposition and will always be.

As for a ladies' gun, I've had the opportunity to teach a good many women to shoot and surprisingly I've never had one complain about recoil. What women seem to dislike most about pistols is noise. Proper hearing protection for them is a must or at least some cotton stuffed ears. Then they learn real fast and some become quite good shots.

As for a self-defense gun, it would probably do a pretty good job in most cases. Remember few criminals want to engage in a gunfight and anything with a loud bang will send them scurrying for the door most times. And actually getting shot with a .327 Mag would not be a pleasant way to spend an evening.

But there's no need to ever put the .327 in this arena so long as there are 38s out there by the trainload.

Anyway, the cartridge is likely doomed to quickly fade away simply because it was never seriously marketed in the first place. And this always makes me sad to see a cartridge fade into the sunset for such reasons.

I've got a .41 Mag that is almost in this category and is virtually a "reloaders only" gun. But it's a superlative handgun cartridge in every way. The vast majority of peeps who have had a 44 and a .41 prefer the .41. (Me too) The 44 gets the prize mostly thanks to Clint Eastwood who started all the silliness.

JMHO
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #38
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

I've been shooting .44 Mags and .44 Specials since the early 60s.
What "Dirty Harry" did was make the Model 29 popular.
At one point there was a glut of 29s on the market.
THAT was the one folks couldn't stand for recoil!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #39
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

Yep, and if a guy backs off the maximum load for the magnum pistols by about 10% they become much more pleasant and serviceable. Plus it surely adds years to the lifespan of the gun. Steady diet of the full house stuff just shakes them apart for nothing.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #40
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

I still have a case (500 rds.) of 185 gr, .44 Mags. PMC that were direct from Korea.
Over 30 years old now.
Had two cases, Finally used up the one, just so I could have the brass for reloading.
Several of us went together on an ammo buy.
Even have some PMC '06s left, from back then.

Seems like the .44s were in the $80 or so bracket.
Back then Ten cents, or more, a round was irritating!
Same went for the .30-06 ammo.

I reload .44 Mags to just a bit over 1,000 fps.
Comfortable load, accurate and I was able to shoot 'em all day!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:01 AM   #41
Desert Rat
Junior Woodchuck

PMC builds fine ammo. And they sure don't skrimp on the powder! I've shot a lot of it in several cartridges and never had a lick of trouble. Even their .22LR ammo is top drawer.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #42
yyz

for years i have heard how worthless the 7.62x25 tork is do to over penetration problems and such too small too fast just blast through. so here comes the 327 fed on the heals of the much talked about but never really caught on 32 h&r. hmm let's see the 327 fed launches a 100 grn .312 bullet at about 1400 fps/85 grn .312 bullet at 1500. now the std 7.62x25 tork launches a 86 grn .308/.311 bullet at 1500 fps plus (have some subgun ammo clocking 1650 out of a cz52) and hand loads of 100 grn bullets get into the 1400 fps range without a stretch. but the 7.62x25tork is junk and the 327 fed is god's gift to hand guns. now some converted blawkhawks/TCs in 32-20 are matching this performance. i like a 32 for fishing in the UP as all i really have to worry about is dogs and 2 legged critters and the 32 don't tear up the bunny that shows up for lunch. light handy easy to shoot. the 32 is a nice size for a kit gun. i really don't care which one 32-20 32acp 32 s&w 32h&r maybe this new comer 327fed, heck my current fishing/kit gun is a nagant revolver with ether the original cylinder, if i remember to reload those odd ball rounds make great shot shells thu, or 32acp cylinder bored out to fit 32 h&r may bore it the rest of the way to fit the 327fed but the pressure is a bit on the high side but the extra case may work well with shot shells. i do hate when a round gets over hyped and rounds with identical ballistic get pushed a side. now for real social encounters give me a 45acp. for bear country give me a 44mag.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #43
ConTender Foot
Battleship Champion, Navy Battles Champion

I'd take a light weight lever carbine in that .327 Mag cartridge. Maybe a 94 with a 16" barrel? But I suppose a 32-20 would be even better. I bought a Ruger Buckeye with the 32 H&R and the 32-20 cylinders. I bought it unfired and sold it the same way for a nice profit but I sure wanted to pull the trigger on it.

32 H&R is another round that I think I need a gun in someday. Was looking hard at the Ruger SP101 in that calier for my wife but she still isn't quite there with owning a defensive handgun. An aquaintance of many of the folks here from another forum really loves his .32 H&R Smith. Not his carry gun but says it's just fun to shoot.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #44
yyz

hmm in a lever i would like to see an over built take down marlin 39m/Mountie in 327fed. i can dream can't i? but would settle for a marlin 1894 with a 20" barrel.
yyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:20 AM   #45
CDawg
slug

My Uncle purchased a Ruger SP101 w/3 1/16" barrel in .327 magnum. He likes it quite a bit and carries it all the time. It is 6 rounds instead of the 5 rounds in the .357 magnum. Ammo is expensive, but you can practice with the much cheaper, light recoiling .32 S&W long. The defensive ammo is not bad: Federal is offering three factory loads for the .327 Federal Magnum at this time; a Federal Premium 85 grain Hydra-Shok hollowpoint at 1330 fps, a Speer Gold Dot 115 grain hollowpoint at 1300 fps, and an American Eagle 100 grain jacketed soft point at 1400 fps. I wouldn't hesitate to use the hollowpoint offerings for self defense. These velocities are from the 3 1/16" barrel. I would go for the 115gr Gold Dot.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote