Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #46
Pvt.Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogertc1 View Post
I've got a Michal Arms US made Stainless Steel Luger in my collection...pretty....I guess I could carry it to a barbecue. Now if dad would go and get a very collectable luger It would be an investment. Like this one:
http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_in...a9f044baac0607

THIS IS MY LUGER HOWEVER NOT AS COLLECTABLE AS THE ABOVE LINK.

Picked up one of these myself. Mine is the later Stoeger "Luger" marked one made in 1993 and marked "SPM" instead of "AIMCO" but pretty much the same thing. I changed the grips to some black repro ones I had lying around. So far, I've been pretty happy with it. Stripped it ALL the way down and Frog-lubed EVERYTHING on it when I got it home before firing it. Lots of sharp edges compared to a Mauser built one and a few cut corners (couple of roll pins used instead of milled solid pins, etc.) but still not bad for what it is. And yes, at the present, this IS my carry weapon, as it is the only handgun I own at the moment.

Anyone know a source or have any stainless Mecgar Luger magazines for sale? I'd like to pick up one or two to go with this.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #47
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Luger carry gun - impressive!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #48
rogertc1

Your Stroger Luger is no longer made as my Mitchell Luger. A regular Lugar mag will work just fine in her,
Old 12-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #49
twa2471

Hell No they don't suck,,,,,

I've got 2 Lugers an American Eagle, non test firearm SN range commercial and a DWM 42 in great condition. Both function perfect but the Eagle is a 30 with a very shot out barrel,it still functions perfect but ya can't hit the same place twice in a row with it.

I've also had 3 Mitchell's,,all were sent back numerous times before they finally came back working right, and yes the 124's or 147's do work much better in Lugers. 115's,, not so much.

I sure as Hell wouldn't use an original one for a carry gun though,,and even less likely to use a Mitchell for one!!
twa2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #50
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Years past I've had several German Lugers. Wish now I had kept them all.
But the thing I disliked about ALL of them was the long trigger pull.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #51
slug

Years ago I had a 'bring back' offered to me

but the guy wouldn't tell me where he got it...

I passed on it
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #52
twa2471

Both of mine were passed down to me, the Eagle from my Grandpa, not sure where he got it???The 42 is one my Pa brought back from WW11,which he took off a German Submariner officer that was in a sub they disabled and forced to the surface.

He was a sonar man on a sub chaser. Gramp's was a horse Cav guy in the Army and part of a field artillery team all through WW1.
twa2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:43 AM   #53
tx_oil

Haven't been on this forum in a long time, just reading some threads to catch up and saw this one. The Luger is a very reliable and accurate pistol, but machined to very fine tolerances (19th century precision manufacturing) and does not function well in dust/dirt/mud environments. Fast burning powders can cause it to cycle too fast to pick up the next round in magazine due to drag imposed by the extreme angle of the bullets in the mag. I have a 'sneak' Luger-- a 1928/29 blank toggle DMW, all matching. which is a real pleasure to shoot. The Mitchell Lugers seemed to have lots of feeding and cycling problems due to erratic tolerances but they sure looked nice!
tx_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #54
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_oil View Post
The Mitchell Lugers seemed to have lots of feeding and cycling problems due to erratic tolerances but they sure looked nice!
Thanks for that info, I did not know the Mitchells were a problem. So many war time Luger parts guns were ill-fi, that added to the reputation. Add in some ammo sensitivity and sensitivity to being dirty, and the result is a skeptical public.

Do you have a photo of your sneak Luger?
500grains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:08 PM   #55
tx_oil

The so-called 'sneak' Lugers were S, T and U block commercial units made by DMW in the 1927-1928 period, with no chamber date or manufacturer rollstamp, supposedly a contract for the Rif tribes in Morocco but not shipped due to political implications. Most of them were sent to police units and will have the unit designation engraved on the frontstrap. Mine has no chamber date, no rollstamp and no police markings.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:09 PM   #56
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Very, very nice.
500grains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:17 AM   #57
whitelightning777

I second the motion for a P38. Of course, if you just want a nice carry pistol, get a makarov or P64, maybe even a TT-C
whitelightning777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:33 AM   #58
Enforcer

Lugers rock!

For a 120 design its very reliable with the ammunition it was designed for. Some modern 9mm parabellum ammunition is not powerful enough. The luger functions best with what we consider warm loads.
Attachment 15318
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:36 PM   #59
Frogman

Didn't the Chinese make some 45 Cal. Luger's years ago, I though Sarco sold some of them, but then again it might have been Hunter's Lodge. I think they were Shank I Sheik gun's pre Communist era. They also made some Broom Handle's in 45cal.

"I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of"
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:42 PM   #60
tx_oil

I don't think that Lugers were ever built in China, but there WERE some .45 ACP broomhandles made in the 1928-1932 time period, IIRC they were called Type 17 pistols. Only a few hundred ever imported into US.