Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Fishing, Boating, Canoeing, Kayaking
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #16
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives View Post
FWIW;

G.W.Sears (Nessmuk), the great outdoorsman and writer of the 1870's and '80's wrote the following in his book "Woodcraft and Camping".

"Charles Dudley Warner, who writes charmingly of woods life, has the following in regard to trout fishing, which is so neatly humorous that it will bear repeating:

"It is well known that no person who regards his reputation will ever kill a trout with anything but a fly. It requires some training on the part of the trout to take to this method. The uncultivated trout in unfrequented waters prefers the bait; and the rural people, whose sole object in going a-fishing appears to be to catch fish, indulge them in their primitive state for the worm. No sportsman, however, will use anything but a fly—except he happens to be alone."

Regards,
Dang, I wish I knew my friends email address, I would definately send him that quote.

He has taken the "Oath" of fly fishing!

Ties flies, sells them and does well at it.
$2.50 each is his starting price.
Sells all he makes, WHEN he decides to sit down and make them.

—except he happens to be alone."
I love that line!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #17
gunnysmith
Fear what you cannot see

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
Well, thanks for that link.
When I find it I'll be able to ID it's birthdate!

Even if I didn't know how to spell the first name properly.
Haven't seen it in several years now.
But, I KNOW it's still around here somewhere!
I thought you might enjoy the history involved in your fly rod

H. L. Mencken
gunnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #18
hangfire
Home on the range

Quote:
unless I'm fishing in the brush for panfish, and then I'll use rubber spiders.
Getting about time for the Redears to start bedding around here. I know of several good places to fish this way. I almost get tired of catching them. I have no problem with the eyelet on the end of my line, but I seldom use really light flies.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

I get my fly fishing supplies at:

Gander mountain
Bass pro shop
Walmart
Dicks

The Gander mountain has locally tied flies for a $1.00 each and they work just as well as the ones a friend of mine ties. I don't think I could tie my own for that price. If you don't have these stores near by you can order on line for them.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
OneShot729
Breakout Champion

Been doing quite a bit of late night searching and reading the past couple weeks and found a few good sites. One of which shows the "figure 8" method of line control I previously mentioned.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/begin/101/figure8.php

Also found a place that has some pretty good prices on a wide variety of flies.

http://www.flydealflies.com/
OneShot729 is offline   Reply With Quote