Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 05-03-2012, 03:24 AM   #31
p-38

I carry both as a bach up once in awhile. I own a tauras pt25, crappy stay away from it, a colt 1908 .25 vest pocket pistol made in 1932, I love this little gun it is so small it fits in a ankle holster w/o any impression left of it. I own many .32 acp pistols, they seem just to big for the round a 380 is almost always the same size. One thing I have seen proven in a video I watched once was that hallow point bullets in eather caliber almost always never expand and do less damage the a fmj. When they did a gel test on the .25 it actually did slightly more penetration then a .22 when fired into it. The big difference was when shot through two.layers of jean material, the .25s fmj alowed it to pass through without loseing as much momentum the the 22, and constantly did better in this test. When it was stretched out to 15 yards the 22s velocity evened things out. But really though the two calibers didn't do the truly desired effect. I carry a old pp style polish 380 with a six round mag for back up now if I feel the need. Still like my old colt though, if I had to unload seven in someones chest I bet they would feel it, just would rathee have the 380. But none the less I still love to shoot the 25 cal mouse guns, they are uber fun to play with and collect. There are tons of different verients for the early 1900s, particularly from Europe, guess they liked em more then us.
p-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #32
TinmanIA
Demon of the Midwest
Disc Dash Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Railway Line Champion

Arrg the wait is killing me. I won a 950 on gunbroker and I'm still waiting for it to get here. I got the thing for a song $110 shipped, hell the broken one went for more. Ill put some pics up when she arrives.
TinmanIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #33
TinmanIA
Demon of the Midwest

Well here she is, I got her home last night and cleaned the hell out of her. Probably the first time since it was made. Shoots nice though, I have a friend looking in to getting some gelatin substance, we might have to do a little testing of the awesome killing powerhouse that is the 25acp.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #34
Gus

Congratulations Tinman
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #35
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Please, guys...hush!!

I've got a coupla .25 Colt 1908s to unload at the next Houston gun show, and I don't need y'all yelling about how anemic they are.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #36
doug11606

I am only guessing your budget comes into play when considering a .25 or a .32
If that is the case I agree the Makorov or a Hi-Point. You can get a brand new Hi-Point 9mm or 45 cal. for right around $200.00. Hi-Points are accurate and can be very reliable if you field strip it, polish the ramp, guide groove & guide pin. In the end you will get a lot more bang for your buck. I am speaking from experience. When I was young I would buy guns based on price alone and seldom was I satisfied.
doug11606 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #37
TinmanIA
Demon of the Midwest

I have plenty of other guns, this was not a budget purchase, this was a I miss the little pistol my ex had purchase, sep this one is cooler. I have a Makarov already, and love it. I have a friend with a Hipoint 9, it is accurate.

Rick, for what its worth we are calling it the noisy cricket, or nuclear handgun
What are you wanting to get out of your extremely potent Colt 25s
Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #38
American Rage

I'd have learned to love a Ruger LCP more, but that's just me.

Enjoy your purchase, may it bring you hours and hours of joy.
American Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #39
Rew

Yes, it's what you like, and that's the important thing. If it makes you happy, that's all that matters.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #40
cz7

Lightbulb damn ...

2 stories..one day the gun show 2 blacks showed up and look at the smaller caliber hand guns over the larger caliber ones ...one said to other real men carry .32's over 25's .....one day at a friend's trailer home years we where watching T.V. and shot was fired by my friend got the damn mouse ...i said what the hell hey we shoot them mice running across that wall area ....mouse traps are too slow etc ...25 cal works great for mouse hunting ....
"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
cz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #41
TinmanIA
Demon of the Midwest

CZ, thats hilarious.
Well the first HP test is started, the Hornady 35gr XTP

The upper bullets are bare watter bucket, the expansion is full as can be measuring in at .432

L to R bare watter, we have the front, the base, and an attempt to see the side.

The lower is from the Jacket test, its a thick flannel winter coat that is doubled up, not many larger pistol rounds open this fully in the flannel, but the little .25 still opened nicely at .354 through the almost 2 inches of coat over the watter bucket. The first round that was not to well expanded had the sleeve of the jacket added after the first two worked so well, I figured I'd see what happened. The jacket peeled back from the lead, the lead core is still un expanded.

From L to R through the coat, we have the 2 layer coat + the added sleeve, the two layer coat front, and two layer side.

The noise was what one would expect from a 22 pistol firing regular LR rounds, the flash was not blinding, but it was there. I dimmed the lights for two shots.

It feeds great in the little Beretta 950, no hiccups so far. I haven't cronied the rounds yet but they claim 900 FPS on the box, we shall see Friday.

And I love this little pistol.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #42
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Little pistol, big trigger guard, reminds me of the "Liberator" .45.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #43
TinmanIA
Demon of the Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
Little pistol, big trigger guard, reminds me of the "Liberator" .45.
I would love to have one of those. I have seen the remakes, but they are flipin nuts if they think Ill pay that much.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #44
Gus

Tinman are their rifling marks on your jacket water bucket test slugs?

I couldn't see any
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #45
TinmanIA
Demon of the Midwest

Its there on the rounds, it just does not show up in the pic.