Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 06-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #16
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176
Yeah, sending it back to Colt, itself is a waste. I doubt they would, or even could do much for a 114 year old revolver.

I guess I will have to go to SASS, and post the question.

Anyone have a link to their forum?

Thanks all

Horse
Yeah, here ya go..... http://www.sassnet.com/forums/
Old 06-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #17
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo
Yeah, here ya go..... http://www.sassnet.com/forums/

Thanks Pogo!

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #18
Rew

I'm back, I really don't know a lot about Colt double action revolvers except the cylinder turns the wrong way . But it sounds like the cylinder may be a bit out of time. Check out the hand, the piece that engages the notches in the rear face of the cylinder to turn it as the revolver is cocked. If it is worn it won't bring the cylinder around quite far enough to line up with the forcing cone. Bring the revolver to full cock then see if the bolt falls when you turn it by hand to a line with the forcing cone. Hope that helps.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #19
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Posted my question over on SASS forum.

Either I am blind, or my thread was deleted.

So much for that resource!
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #20
Cobalt60
Another Old Phart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders
My Super Blackhawk was doing that, and I took it to a gunsmith. He told me there was nothing he could do about it, that I had to send it back to Ruger. I called Ruger and told them what it was doing, and they wanted me to send it back to them. I still haven't sent it back. I just haven't wanted to part with it for an unknown amount of time.
I sent an SP-101 (bought in a pawn shop) back to Ruger. From dropping it off at FerdEx until it came to my door was 18 days. YMMV, of course, but I was impressed.
[FONT=Times New Roman] “I apprehend no danger to our country from a foreign foe... Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.”
— Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

------------------------------
Always looking for Savage 6b and similar .22's, and related parts.[/FONT]
Cobalt60 is offline   Reply With Quote