Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #16
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconUruguay
Klauss,

May I Suggest A Star Modelo Super...

It's A 9mm Largo, And Sarco Has Them For About $140 ($160 For C&R).

The 9mm Largo Is Quite Plentiful, And Powerful Also.

Very Sturdy, Very Well Made, And The Price Can't Be Beat!

Good Advice!

IMHO of course.

There are three shotgun options open to you, the chinese copy of the Ithaca, riot guns sre very hard to find but the sporting version won't cost $150 and they're rock solid. Dunham's has 'em.

The NEF, Chinese copy of the 870 is getting more fans every day, $200 even at Gander, a lot of guys have shelved or sold their 870 Expresses in favor of it, takes all the same accessories except barrels, but a barrel is going to run you close to $200 anyhow. Then there's always the Mossberg Maverick also right around $200, but Dunhams had the Mossy 500's in riot dress (18.5 bbl and heat shield) on sale for $229 and knowing them they will again.

As far as not liking " Chinese slave made junk", nope. the arms industry employees have families and jobs just like here, just a smaller paycheck, but a pretty good job by their standards, That surprised my BIL last time he visited there, found out they just built stuff to spec, cut corners when they could (just like U.S businesses.)

My wife is on the light weight side and was always afraid of shotguns, never fired one, bought her a youth BPS 20 gauge and she went through three boxes of trap loads the first day. Then I showed her how to shoulder it and deal with recoil and she went through 2 more.

Lately she's been hinting that next time we get out she'd like to try one of the 12 gauges.

IMHO a shotgun is far and away your best bet if activity outside the home is NOT anticipated. even a single barrel 12 or 20 beats hell out of a pan of boiling water.

Good Luck,

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #17
klauss
Poof no eyebrows

Seen something that is tempting at one of the stores posted earlier, High point carbine(9 mil) for 159 dollars and the high point handgun(9 mil) for 125 dollars.

I could also get the high point 380 for 109 dollars, just don't know anything about that caliber.

Tempting, even tho it would be a little over my budget to get both if I decide to go with high point. Not sure what it would be with the taxes for both. Will have to call tuesday and find out.

Heîs oiōṇs áristos, amưnesthai peŕ pátrēs- "There is only one omen, to fight for one's country"
klauss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #18
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Hi-Point 9-mm compact is a bargain at that price, no reason to get the 380, minimum recommendation for SD and ammo costs more and the gun is the same size as the 9. Only dealer selling the 9 here gets $229.

The Carbine, Bought two, 2 weeks ago for the sale price of $169.00 haven't got out to sight them and check them out yet, maybe next week.

I have no doubt whatsoever that they'll be just what I think they are, the best bargain going on a semi-automatic pistol caliber carbine. Every single comparison test matching the HP against the Ruger or the Beretta has left the testers saying "buy the Hi-Point, more reliable, more accurate and far less expensive."

Guns & Ammo and Guntest comes immediately to mind. So do users reports.

Hi-Point guarantee is 100% for the life of the firearm. Have a problem, they fix it for free. And turnaround is fast.

Right now I've got the two carbines and my wife's JHP45 to test-fire and set the sights, the .45 is pretty good sized, not a first choice for CC, OTOH it's noted for very soft recoil.

You could do worse, OOPS, almost forgot, pistol magazines cant be used in the carbine (9-mm) but supposedly the carbine 10 shot mags can be used in the pistol (but they'll rattle some.) I believe but do not know for sure that the .40 carbine and pistol take the same magazines.

Good Luck,

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote