Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #31
JD Miller
Fake Member

Wow I was thinking maybe the failure was at the mounting points at the ends of the bridge.

The video looks like just complete structural weakness and failure, Like it was dynamited

Old 03-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #32
Stalky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Or:

"Look...all of these grade eight bolts from red china.. deform..and bend.. when you hit them with a hammer!"
Practically non existent now but the Lake Erie bolts were the best.
Bolt head had LE on it to identify. Sad about the people tho.
Stalky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #33
Diesel 88888888
slug

Mexican

https://canadafreepress.com/article/...erm=2018-03-16

Father of Collapsed Florida Bridge was Obama 'Champion of Change' in 2015!

Quoting from 'dukas' in the comment section I found this:

"Common sense tells me this bridge was designed by a fool. Anyone who has built and installed a shelf and used an arm to hold it up, knows the furthest outward point takes the most stress and can carry the least weight, on a straight run; every joint of this cement folly should have been directly supported. The cement arms at each end were only as strong as their thinnest part of them that ran down into the footing. The middle of the bridge had the most weight/pressure, not the ends. The braces were only calculated to hold the ends; downward pressure. The pressure came from the middle. You can see it in the rubble.

Any designs that follows this procedure should be cancelled immediately and the designer should loss his influence, ability and be sued directly.

Think of ancient doorways with the curve above the door; the reason for the curve was to support the stone above it. It would have been easier for the masons to run a brace directly across but even back then they were smart enough to know it would fail. This bridge was designed by a lazy mind. Those that ignore the past..."

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #34
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel 88888888 View Post

"Common sense tells me this bridge was designed by a fool.
Designed by a fool? No Diesel he was and affirmative action hire from the X-HNICs regime. Yup here is your degree go forth and kill you stupid negro.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:07 PM   #35
mr-ak-47
Massa di Avatars

....I just hope a laws regarding hiring that affirmative action and divisity were followed....

....bet every wetback working on that thing ran back is mexico.....or where every the fuck they came from....

One person says something stupid, and the other stupid people hear him, and the next thing you know, you're getting tortured in a gulag.

Welcome to democracy, where your rights depend on the howling of the mob.

mr-ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #36
Diesel 88888888
slug

Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Designed by a fool? No Diesel he was and affirmative action hire from the X-HNICs regime. Yup here is your degree go forth and kill you stupid negro.
Looking at his published pictures I couldn't tell what he was...n!gger...maybe, Iranian Christian...maybe. He's been sued over civil rights issues at the University...mistreated a poor dam Hatian n!gger, n alls dey don be though!

Google his name...amazing stuff comes up. He was the head of the University Engineering Department...really pushed for this kind of design and construction. (I thought he might be an islamic at first, maybe using bad designs to kill us Infidels!)
Old 03-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #37
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:

"Common sense tells me this bridge was designed by a fool. Anyone who has built and installed a shelf and used an arm to hold it up, knows the furthest outward point takes the most stress and can carry the least weight, on a straight run; every joint of this cement folly should have been directly supported. The cement arms at each end were only as strong as their thinnest part of them that ran down into the footing. The middle of the bridge had the most weight/pressure, not the ends. The braces were only calculated to hold the ends; downward pressure. The pressure came from the middle. You can see it in the rubble.

Any designs that follows this procedure should be cancelled immediately and the designer should loss his influence, ability and be sued directly.

Think of ancient doorways with the curve above the door; the reason for the curve was to support the stone above it. It would have been easier for the masons to run a brace directly across but even back then they were smart enough to know it would fail. This bridge was designed by a lazy mind. Those that ignore the past..."

The reason for the curvature in a bridge is to add compression and keep it together, there is always a load factor distributed throughout, being greatest at the center, but the forces get dissipated at the end, so you are right on your explanation
Old 03-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #38
Diesel 88888888
slug

Nuke

There is a whole lot more to the article than the one 'comment' I quoted...I'm thinking that this is the end, at least for now, of this form of construction/engineering.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:52 PM   #39
Stalky

Try to explain to an idiot about structural integrity that has a degree. Shear forces,stress factors.
You can't. They know it all since they are bonafide engineers from Va Tech.
They can hang a floating staircase on a piece of chink aluminum rated for 40# of stretch.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #40
4thIDvet
slug

Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-ak-47 View Post
....I just hope a laws regarding hiring that affirmative action and divisity were followed....

....bet every wetback working on that thing ran back is mexico.....or where every the fuck they came from....

Quote:
There is a whole lot more to the article than the one 'comment' I quoted...I'm thinking that this is the end, at least for now, of this form of construction/engineering.::

Companies behind Florida bridge collapse have history of fines, failures, lawsuits

The two firms responsible for building Florida International University’s "instant bridge," which suddenly collapsed Thursday and left six people dead, are coming under increased scrutiny as details emerge of past engineering failures and inspection fines -- including a recent accusation that one hired “unskilled” and “careless” workers.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/16...-lawsuits.html

"Pablo what does this say?" "I don't know I don't read Gringo just ignore it."
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #41
dinkydow

There is a bridge over I-76 in Akron. I am quite familiar with reading stress fractures in rock or concrete...Every time I am sitting on that bridge/overpass I can feel the quite pronounced vibrations moving through the bridge being generated by the traffic using it...steel is a very dynamic material....but not using ENOUGH of it.... or if it is improperly supported.... and it SINGS and dances to, to large of an extent, and that inordinate and stressed movement generates stress cracks. looking at the poured concrete structures that form the "sidewalls" and mounting points for the 8'high chainlink fence that keeps the niqqrz and hillbillys from tossing bricks over onto passing cars...I cannot help but note the thousands of cracks in THAT concrete that indicate the directions of the stress being imparted to it. Straight down. This a bridge that is not yet ten years old. And it is coming apart.

I have stopped using that exit and that bridge because it is my thought that it is going down in the future.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #42
Stalky

Anyone else recall the swaying bridge that seemed to float around before collapsing?
Was it in Washington state maybe? Scary chit.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #43
aviator
unum de multis

According to the 5 PM news:

Employee conducting the Stress Test, while working for some engineering and testing company just happened to be.... (and they had a picture of him)................black.

the boy be dead now too.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:50 PM   #44
Boris

what a tragedy,,I feel bad for the families of those killed and injured.
I would think if you do a stress test you close the road and bridge to any kind of traffic wouldn't you??,,unfortunately someone really screwed up this from the word go and heads (and lawsuits) will roll

Patrick Henry
Boris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #45
Diesel 88888888
slug

Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalky View Post
Anyone else recall the swaying bridge that seemed to float around before collapsing?
Was it in Washington state maybe? Scary chit.
"Galloping Gertie" over the Tacoma Narrows, 1940...opened July 1, 1940, collapsed November 7. You can see it on YouTube