Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 04-14-2020, 03:19 PM   #1
JD Miller
Fake Member

Default Another Powder measure

Im going to order another powder measure a RCBS Uniflow with the small handgun charge assembly . I'll have two already set up so I dont have to swap parts.

I was looking at the Hornaday(its suppose to be real good too) But you cant buy it with the small charge assembly installed, have to by the parts separately so it cost you alot more

https://www.brownells.com/userdocs/p...00010254_1.jpg

Old 04-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I have a RCBS exactly like that. I don't use it too often though. Most of the time I use my Lyman digital powder measure.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:55 PM   #3
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

I have one just like it that I have owned for more than 25 years. It is getting set up to throw powder charges for half a 5 gallon bucket of .30 caliber carbine primed brass. The brass is Lake City from the mid 50's older than me by a year. Should be a fun week with all that powder measuring & bullet stuffing.
FloridaAKM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:39 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Question

Guys I reload on occasion have seen those powder chargers but never used one. Are they easy to use and fairly accurate?
If yes I have a ton of shells, powder, bullets, primers to load? I always used a dipper filed down so the top just meets the powder charge I need to load. Actually works pretty good cause I just dip and go level with the top of the plastic dipper.
I will grab one on your recommendation. Thank yah.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:40 AM   #5
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

The dipper works if you have nothing else to measure powder, but it is not what you want to use for good constant loads, especially if you are loading volume amounts of ammo. When I was loading 30.06 & .308 ammo in large amounts, the RCBS powder measure was perfect for using reloading blocks to hold the shells & throw the powder charge into each shell allowing the operator to see the level of each charge. I would hate to blow up a beautiful Garand or a M1A rifle because I screwed up a powder charge.
FloridaAKM is online now   Reply With Quote