Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Gardening, Animal Husbandry, and Yard Care
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2020, 12:41 PM   #1
twin50

Default Tilling

Doing my final tilling today started couple weeks ago. That is all.
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:30 PM   #2
Sanders

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
BBill

I have a small Mantis that kicks ass!
BBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:28 AM   #4
flashy
Omicron cocksman

I use a chisel plow to till, I got big plans but still too early and wet here to get out there. Seen a few areas tilled and disk harrowed but only in well drained fields around me. We had a short hail/snow yesterday for an hour, then the sun came out with lots of wind.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:57 PM   #5
twin50

So far have 92 beets planted to include the green's 168 spinach plants 30 tomato's of different variety's 8 yellow squash 6 zucchini plants 100 green bean's...various herbs and 60 swiss chard...have a 72 site hydroponic system for outdoor lettuce.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #6
Sanders

Finally got my tiller running and did half the garden this weekend. I had to tear that bastard completely down to try and figure out why it wasn't getting fuel. First, there was water in the fuel tank. So, I drained it and cleaned it out real well. Still wouldn't run - it would start right up with a squirt of carb cleaner, so I knew it was a fuel delivery problem. Took the carb off, but there isn't much to these new Briggs & Stratton carbs, so I just poked wires down every orifice until I made sure there was nothing in any of them. Put it back on, and it fired right up.

Found about 6 broccoli plants growing up from last year's crop. Pretty good since there hasn't been any rain now for weeks, and I hadn't been watering, yet.

After I get the garden put in, I'll have to start building my green house. Got the materials to build a 8'x12' green house. With the grand solar minimum, and our already short growing season, the wife and I figured it would be a good investment.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:54 PM   #7
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Crack of dawn it’s on, chiseled plowed and gona run over with tiller some since the disk harrow is fuked, to bust up the clumps

flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:48 PM   #8
twin50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Finally got my tiller running and did half the garden this weekend. I had to tear that bastard completely down to try and figure out why it wasn't getting fuel. First, there was water in the fuel tank. So, I drained it and cleaned it out real well. Still wouldn't run - it would start right up with a squirt of carb cleaner, so I knew it was a fuel delivery problem. Took the carb off, but there isn't much to these new Briggs & Stratton carbs, so I just poked wires down every orifice until I made sure there was nothing in any of them. Put it back on, and it fired right up.

Found about 6 broccoli plants growing up from last year's crop. Pretty good since there hasn't been any rain now for weeks, and I hadn't been watering, yet.

After I get the garden put in, I'll have to start building my green house. Got the materials to build a 8'x12' green house. With the grand solar minimum, and our already short growing season, the wife and I figured it would be a good investment.
I have an older statesman counter rotating tiller old heavy bugger and an old model troy-bilt heavy framed as well. Our GH is a 12x12 made from used materials except for the 4x4's. Last week we had an almost freeze lost about 7 squash plants and 12 green pepper plants...what a bummer....tomato's have to be one of the most durable plants I have ever grown.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:36 PM   #9
twin50

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Crack of dawn it’s on, chiseled plowed and gona run over with tiller some since the disk harrow is fuked, to bust up the clumps

Those pto tillers do a mighty fine job...nice JD as well.