Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2020, 11:12 PM   #16
JD Miller
Fake Member

My brother has a Sig P226 Elite .40 S&W

Sig are Higher dollar "quality" guns if you like how the feel

Old 05-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #17
dinkydow

I expect to have received my SIG 226 early next week.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:30 AM   #18
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I see a lot of .40's in the used market. I wonder if people can't handle them?
Most of them are probably police trade-ins.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #19
dinkydow

Over the years I have purchased a number of former police firearms. All had some ...holster wear to the finish. None were anywhere close to being worn out or used up.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:56 AM   #20
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Over the years I have purchased a number of former police firearms. All had some ...holster wear to the finish. None were anywhere close to being worn out or used up.
That is typical of most police handguns. I never bought one for myself but I have bought and sold a bunch of them. I like new or nearly new firearms.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:58 AM   #21
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Most of them are probably police trade-ins.
Quote:
I have seen a lot of them locally and online all .40 at tempting prices. Outside wear, I can always touch them up as long as they shoot straight. But I also like them new.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:15 PM   #22
Solid Snake

Quote:
The vast majority of police guns only get shot for annual qualifications. The vast majority of police aren't avid shooters and can't shoot for shit. But the guns go in and out of holsters a lot, at the beginning and end of each shift.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #23
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
The vast majority of police guns only get shot for annual qualifications. The vast majority of police aren't avid shooters and can't shoot for shit. But the guns go in and out of holsters a lot, at the beginning and end of each shift.
When my father-in-law gave me the duty pistol he retired with, a Springfield XD45, it looked like it had never been shot, let alone carried. But he assured me that he had to qualify with it twice as often, as his department considered it a "non-standard" duty weapon. It was the very first XD45 sold in the state of Nevada, according to him - I have no reason not to believe him, after all, someone has to be first. He had to special order it from Springfield and had to get a special permission to carry it on duty.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:32 PM   #24
Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
When my father-in-law gave me the duty pistol he retired with, a Springfield XD45, it looked like it had never been shot, let alone carried. But he assured me that he had to qualify with it twice as often, as his department considered it a "non-standard" duty weapon. It was the very first XD45 sold in the state of Nevada, according to him - I have no reason not to believe him, after all, someone has to be first. He had to special order it from Springfield and had to get a special permission to carry it on duty.
I have my dad's duty weapon. A Ruger Speed-Six revolver in .357mag. After the academy, he bought his own Ruger Security-Six for his duty gun. The Speed-Six just sat locked in a desk drawer until they upgraded to semi-autos. When that happened, he was allowed to buy his issued Speed-Six for $25, which he did and gave it to me for Christmas. It was practically brand new, and no holster wear.
Solid Snake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:43 PM   #25
dinkydow

Found spare mags on gunbroker. Seems like SIG stuff is high dollar. Gotta have Ateast six spare mags per pistol....

Ordered in a case of .40S&W ....in....only had 3- 4 boxes left.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:13 PM   #26
Solid Snake

Quote:
...Seems like SIG stuff is high dollar...
If I remember correctly, Sigs used to be reasonably priced for the quality of firearms that they were. Then, it was announced (real or rumor, dunno) that the SEALs adopted the Sig 226 as their duty handgun. The prices jumped up due to the mall ninjas. The prices never came back down.
Solid Snake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:17 PM   #27
dinkydow

A lot of guys are really hung up on that delta force and JSOC thang. Most cant shoot for shit and are afraid to get the barrels warm.....or put a scratch on their "combat weapon."

It is true that SEALs get good shit and know how to use them.....but most of us are not pinapeds or SAS.

There will always be......wannabes.

SIG boomsticks seem to. E well made. I have a SIG rifle....and it is a sweet shooter with an ACOG mounted on it.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:42 PM   #28
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Regardless of name hype or pedigree, Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft makes some damn fine, reliable, accurate hardware.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:19 PM   #29
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I have seen a lot of them locally and online all .40 at tempting prices. Outside wear, I can always touch them up as long as they shoot straight. But I also like them new.

Nothing wrong with new. Though......a perp, or a revolutionary communist soldier with a bullet hole in its forehead....will fail to notice holster wear....

The police trade in 226 I ordered in...I expect it to show up monday morning....if it is to crusty looking...I will take it apart, blast it and refinish it with Guncoat.

I like my ...tools....to at least look nice as well as running acceptably.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:16 PM   #30
RetVet
Statistical Error

A P226, 1911, and a couple P2022's. The 1911 is the best shooter I have tried. Factory P226 mags can be expensive. Got several Nazi era and marked Sig's also.