Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Gus

Default Shotgun bought at the gun show last week

An old 12 gauge Remington Sportsman model 48 semi automatic, manufactured between 1949 and 1959 per the information I've gathered.

I installed an extension capacity is now 8 rounds, plan to use it for home security.

Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Bulletboy
Troubleshooter

Nice job

WWHBD?
(What Would Henry Bowman Do?)
Bulletboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Broncodarts

Are you going to cut the bbl even with the ext. or leave it as is? Looks good now. May be a bit long for swinging around inside though.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncodarts
Are you going to cut the bbl even with the ext. or leave it as is? Looks good now. May be a bit long for swinging around inside though.
I was going to do that exact thing but the barrel bore is like new, not a blemish, I decided to leave it as is.

A replacement barrel cost more than I paid for the shotgun.

I did strip the stock and forearm sand and draw out a few small dings stain and polyurethane it three coats. Dosen't appear to have been used much, had wear spots (barrel and stock) like it rode in a pickup gun rack a good while.

Fella I bought it from said a widow asked him to sell it for her.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
buzgun
slug

Charles Bronson could not do better

Nice work Gus
Old 01-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Looks good Gus, glad you're not chopping the barrel.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #7
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears
Looks good Gus, glad you're not chopping the barrel.
agreed, not on an old war horse like that. that's what mossburgs are for.
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:42 AM   #8
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Gus, thats a fine looking piece! I'm with the other when they say they're glad you didn't chop the barrel. Maybe someday you could find a good used barrel cheap and chop that one and preserve the original?

Brian
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #9
ptannjr
Just a dude!

Yes sir, i like it alot!

http://www.OcalaCarAudio.com
ptannjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

Hey, that looks good Gus Have you fired it yet ??

Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #11
AKWARRIOR
Gone

That is very nice indeed.Good job.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #12
Broncodarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
I was going to do that exact thing but the barrel bore is like new, not a blemish, I decided to leave it as is.

A replacement barrel cost more than I paid for the shotgun.

I did strip the stock and forearm sand and draw out a few small dings stain and polyurethane it three coats. Dosen't appear to have been used much, had wear spots (barrel and stock) like it rode in a pickup gun rack a good while.

Fella I bought it from said a widow asked him to sell it for her.

I thought you had mentioned possibly cutting it down, that is why I asked. Like I said, I like the way it looks with the ext. That is something that can always be taken off if anyone ever wanted to.

if anything were to ever happen and you did use a weapon w/a cut down bbl, it could be twisted as you were looking for that type of situation instead of just preparing against it. It's a shame we have to think like that, but there are too many libtards that want to cast us all in a bad light.
Broncodarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #13
Gus

This whole thing is turning out kind of funny, the only reason I bought this shotgun was the recorded history of cops taking firearms used in legal self defense of ones family and property as if it were used in a crime.

I simple didn't want to loose one of my other firearms to thieving cops if this scenario came about.

So what happens I go to a gun show find a shotgun I intend to use that won't bother me when the cops steel it and by the time I get done messing with it I like it and don't want thieving cops taking it either.

I guess I have a problem with thieves even the ones wearing badges and uniforms.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
DorGunR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
This whole thing is turning out kind of funny, the only reason I bought this shotgun was the recorded history of cops taking firearms used in legal self defense of ones family and property as if it were used in a crime.

I simple didn't want to loose one of my other firearms to thieving cops if this scenario came about.

So what happens I go to a gun show find a shotgun I intend to use that won't bother me when the cops steel it and by the time I get done messing with it I like it and don't want thieving cops taking it either.

I guess I have a problem with thieves even the ones wearing badges and uniforms.
Thats a good idea gus.......I think I'll do something similar........thanks.
DorGunR is offline   Reply With Quote