Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #16
Konstantin

My wife and kids took the dogs for a walk right after dark last night. She sent me a text about 20 minutes after she left telling me to "Bring something to shoot this snake".
So I got my trusty garden hoe and headed down the hill. This guy was waiting for me.

He died moments after this photo was taken in a tragic farm accident. Another big ass Mojave. This makes 2 in less than a weeks time.

My kids claimed the rattles. There will probably be more though. I dug out the middle of a fire ant hill and buried the head in it. I wont skin them because I cant stand the smell.
Konstantin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #17
Konstantin

Quote:
Originally Posted by remus View Post
You got to be careful where you show what you do. Mohave's are protected in some areas. An alphabet organization can cause much grief for dispatching one. I believe they are protected in Az and Ca. Don't know about NM.
I didn't know that. Thanks. According to the NM State University website the Mojave isnt protected here.

Added: we have an annual bag limit of 5 Mojave rattlers here.

Last edited by Konstantin; 07-11-2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old 07-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #18
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
My wife and kids took the dogs for a walk right after dark
Sun down is right when rattler come out.

You want to run your dog before sun set and it starts getting dark out
Old 07-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #19
Konstantin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
Sun down is right when rattler come out.

You want to run your dog before sun set and it starts getting dark out
Yeah, its nice walking after dark though. The female dog is the one that noticed it first and her and the little male wouldnt let anybody near it. They actually got between the snake and the kids and were pushing them back.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #20
Sanders

I'd rather have the snakes than the skunk that has decided to grace my front porch every evening. Only problem with the skunk is that he's wiley. As soon as I make a move out the door, he's gone. Not sure if I want to shoot him on my porch, either.

Better talk to the neighbor about borrowing his live trap.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:01 AM   #21
Konstantin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I'd rather have the snakes than the skunk that has decided to grace my front porch every evening. Only problem with the skunk is that he's wiley. As soon as I make a move out the door, he's gone. Not sure if I want to shoot him on my porch, either.

Better talk to the neighbor about borrowing his live trap.
I've got a live trap you are welcome to use if you need it. But how the hell do you get the skunk out? I caught a skunk in a live trap years ago and ended up shooting it in the trap and leaving everything.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #22
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
I've got a live trap you are welcome to use if you need it. But how the hell do you get the skunk out? I caught a skunk in a live trap years ago and ended up shooting it in the trap and leaving everything.
Since the town decided to annex our little neighborhood, against our will (went to the state supreme court twice before they won), we just call their Animal Control dude and he has to come get the skunk, then return the trap after he gets rid of the critter in it.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #23
4thIDvet
slug

Geez another one Konstantin? Holy sheeeet. Yup no need to say be careful as according to Wiki like I posted their the worlds most potent rattler.
We have the huge Diamond Backs here but very seldom see them in the neighborhood. They start lurking about a mile west of me here.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #24
buzgun
slug

Nuke

I have seen a green rattler like that in sedona.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #25
Sanders

A white rattlesnake? Texas park posts photo of ‘cryptic’ viper known for potent bite.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...214825735.html
Old 07-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #26
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
A white rattlesnake? Texas park posts photo of ‘cryptic’ viper known for potent bite.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...214825735.html
Damn...something else white for the

NlGGERS to hate...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:15 PM   #27
S. Fisher

We don’t have any snakes or reptiles up here, we have some small frogs the size of a 50 cent peice.
We do have yotes, wolves, wolverines, black, brown, and polar bears, but the most dangerous animals are the moose. More people have been killed by moose then any other predator in alaska.
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.
Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, February 12, 1779
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote