Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
Sanders

ant Well, I had to do it - new shotgun: Beretta Outlander A300

The only long shotgun I have to shoot for upland hunting and clays is an Ithaca M37 made in 1939.

It's been running a little rough, lately --- especially with the new "low brass" aluminum base shells, which tend to stick in the chamber unless I am extremely generous with the oil.

I'd been saving up for a while, and went to the gun shop with the intention of purchasing a Stoeger semi-auto, but they were sold out of them except for the camo model. I'm not too enthused about the camo guns - it is just personal preference. So, I handled the other guns in the same price range, and then picked up the Beretta. It just felt right. It was about $100 more than the Stoeger, but it is likely the last hunting shotgun I'll ever buy.

I was tempted by the over-unders, but none of them felt quite right compared to the Charles Daly/Miroku I used to have.

No reason to take pics - it is just a black gun. The stock photos are on Beretta's website here: http://www.berettausa.com/products/b...c-12ga-28-mc3/

I also like the idea of supporting a company that told the anti-gun state (Maryland) they are located in to fluff-off, they were moving out.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:15 AM   #2
SNAFU

That looks like a solid shotgun.

I never thought of berretta as a option but a quick google search shows them to be reliable and economical.

Well. Now I have another one for the list.

Let us know how it shoots!
SNAFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:09 AM   #3
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Dang nice, Sanders!

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
Sanders

Another big deciding factor was that the Beretta is American made and the Stoeger is made in Turkey.

American-made or muslime-made gun...hmmmmmmm - no brainer for a member.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #5
WFO2

Nice shotgun has the same gas system as my AL391.
WFO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
buzgun
slug

nice shotty Sanders
Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #7
Sanders

I went out and put a box of shells through it this morning, and it ran without a hiccup. I'm going to have to get used to the different loading procedure - drop one in the chamber, drop the bolt, then load the other 2 in the magazine.

I can't wait to get out and knock some clay pigeons out of the air with it, though.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
Gus

I like your final decision Sanders.

That shotgun will also put a bad guys internals on a wall behind him if necessary.

Also works on the head ... the whole flippin head

Cleanup in hallway.

Bring a mop an bucket please.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
I like your final decision Sanders.

That shotgun will also put a bad guys internals on a wall behind him if necessary.

Also works on the head ... the whole flippin head

Cleanup in hallway.

Bring a mop an bucket please.
While this one will do that quite nicely, I have a Mossberg 590 w/ 9 round mag, a 20" bbl., ghost sights, and a Streamlight flashlight on it that is dedicated to that proposition.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #10
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Well done, I am another who thinks you made a good choice.

Just received the Winchester catalog, dayum, I can't believe the prices on new firearms.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #11
Sanders

This gun just keeps getting smoother with use. I could almost swear the recoil has lessened as well. For a 12 gauge, it has very little recoil, anyway.

I cleaned it and was surprised at how little gunk there was in it for a gas operated gun. It makes very good use of the powder, and is very efficient. Maybe it really is self-cleaning as they advertise? Still, it's a good idea to keep the barrel clean of plastic wadding residue.

I ran another 150 through it, yesterday. It didn't have so much as a single hiccup. All Estate 7-1/2 target/hunting loads.

I also ordered a couple extended, ported chokes by Carlson - one in Skeet and one in "Light Modified". But I think I'll get my fundamentals down before I start trying to play the change-a-choke game. I believe those 2 chokes will cover most ranges - plus dropping the shot size down to 8 may give me a little more shot on target.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #12
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I too love the Ithaca Model 37. However, I am afraid to try new shotguns because they might make me not like the Model 37 any more.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:32 PM   #13
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
I too love the Ithaca Model 37. However, I am afraid to try new shotguns because they might make me not like the Model 37 any more.
Well, the Model 37 is a tried and true shotgun. That model has been around for a long time and changes have only been cosmetic.

If it fits, don't quit!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #14
Sanders

I'll always love the M37, and it will be my go-to gun for quail hunting as it has a full choke barrel.

Maybe. The Beretta is really growing on me. I wish I'd bought the wood-stocked version, but at the time I didn't know it was offered with a wood stock. I checked the Beretta web site to see if I could buy just the stock, but didn't see it offered for my model.

So, I think I may just paint it Coyote Tan with some Brownell's Alumahyde II I have in the garage.