Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:40 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Default I like this thermometer......

I can't bring myself to buy it though.... Not for that price. I'f I smoked more, then yeah, I'd probably buy it. Scroll down and check it out. It's pretty slick.

https://store-us.meater.com/products...NXad1f-af5Sz4o
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:31 AM   #2
Sanders

I've had that one on my "Wishlist" Bookmarks for a while now. Like you, I just can't talk myself into dropping that kind of money on a meat thermometer.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:27 AM   #3
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

If I had a BBQ catering business or smoked for my family & friends every weekend, then yeah, I'd have at least one.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:57 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

ThermoPro TP-17 Dual Probe Digital Cooking Meat Thermometer Large LCD Backlight Food Grill Thermometer with Timer Mode for Smoker Kitchen Oven BBQ, Silver

Price: $26.99 & FREE Returns

https://www.amazon.com/ThermoPro-TP-...s%2C245&sr=8-7

On the grill in the smoker or the oven. Set it for the temp yah want and the alarm goes off when it hits that temperature.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:05 AM   #5
Sanders

That's a good price for that dual probe unit. I have a single probe I bought from Cabela's for about the same price - maybe even a little more.

It's nice for cooking big hunks of meat, especially since you don't have to open the smoker to check it. Because, "If yer lookin', you ain't cookin'!"
Old 06-25-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
That's a good price for that dual probe unit. I have a single probe I bought from Cabela's for about the same price - maybe even a little more.

It's nice for cooking big hunks of meat, especially since you don't have to open the smoker to check it. Because, "If yer lookin', you ain't cookin'!"
I have just the single probe one Sanders as I don't eat much and my old cat just likes Friskies.
Hell that's all yah need my alarm goes off as soon as it hits the temp. setting I programmed.
While nice if you have a commercial operation for a device over $200 hell crazy to purchase otherwise.
I am sure you know to let the meat rest for a good bit as things keep cooking after you take them out.
Damn now I am getting hungry.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:22 AM   #7
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
I have just the single probe one Sanders as I don't eat much and my old cat just likes Friskies.
Hell that's all yah need my alarm goes off as soon as it hits the temp. setting I programmed.
While nice if you have a commercial operation for a device over $200 hell crazy to purchase otherwise.
I am sure you know to let the meat rest for a good bit as things keep cooking after you take them out.
Damn now I am getting hungry.
Yep. Got a hunk of meat in the freezer that will go on the smoker on July 4th. Maybe even July 3rd. Just need to decide if I want the brisket on there, or the pork shoulder, since I only have one probe.

Just going to be the wife and I, this year. I don't like to go out on the road on holidays like Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day, and New Year's. Too many drunks.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:38 PM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Yep. Got a hunk of meat in the freezer that will go on the smoker on July 4th. Maybe even July 3rd. Just need to decide if I want the brisket on there, or the pork shoulder, since I only have one probe.

Just going to be the wife and I, this year. I don't like to go out on the road on holidays like Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day, and New Year's. Too many drunks.
Sounds good I am on the way. Use mesquite if you would I love that stuff.
Remember cook a turkey for however long and let it rest for the same amount of cooking time. Watch how much juicer it is. No mo dried turkey.
Your meat items also let the guys rest and the juices get back in the meat.

Boomboost Digital Meat Thermometer Kitchen Cooking BBQ Household Food Temperature Meter Tester Detector Water Milk Oil Thermometer

https://www.amazon.com/Boomboost-The...e%2C241&sr=1-4

Next revolution I am staying in the kitchen and cooking with the women for you guys myself and . One was enough for us I am getting old and tired. O.K. girls lets stop messing around and get to cookin.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:41 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

I should bring a big truck and load it with Mesquite. Damn that stuff sells for a small fortune $$ for a small bag of the dang stuff here.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:53 PM   #10
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
I should bring a big truck and load it with Mesquite. Damn that stuff sells for a small fortune $$ for a small bag of the dang stuff here.
Here you go - Amazon Clause will bring it to your door for free shipping. https://www.amazon.com/Cowboy-24220-...111053&sr=8-20