Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #16
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

No experience with a M14, so I will say the FAL.
Had a CETME, CAI built, but the damned thing ran perfectly.
Just liked/enjoyed the FAL more and decided that if i was going to blast .308, I would do it with the one I preferred. Sold the CETME for twice what paid, and now wish I had held it for a few more years.

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:28 PM   #17
500grains
Soldier of Allah

308 battle rifles are too heavy for today's foot soldier. He has too much other crap to carry. I think the 308 is good in the hands of a designated marksman, but I can't see outfitting a whole army with them.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #18
NoTango
Curmudgeon In Training

Only M14 experience I have is actually M1A1. As I am a bit more accurate with it than a FAL, I'll go with the M14. Were I outside the US, probably go with the FAL.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #19
Crusader30-06M1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
Mosin Nagant 91/30's beat them all.

Brian
My antifa issue airsoft AK beats them all.
Crusader30-06M1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #20
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
308 battle rifles are too heavy for today's foot soldier. He has too much other crap to carry. I think the 308 is good in the hands of a designated marksman, but I can't see outfitting a whole army with them.
Then they need to get stronger.

I have no sympathy. I lugged an M60 around for 3 years - with tripod, T&E, pintle and ammo. There was no such thing as an assistant gunner in the 80's Army Infantry, as there were not enough people. Never once was I in a full strength unit. At times, there was the Squad Leader, team leader/asst squad leader/track commander, the driver, and I was the only one on the ground.

So, to today's soldiers, I say - suck it up, buttercup and get stronger, smarter and become deadlier.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #21
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTango View Post
Only M14 experience I have is actually M1A1. As I am a bit more accurate with it than a FAL, I'll go with the M14. Were I outside the US, probably go with the FAL.
The M14 is more accurate because of the Garand adjustable sights and because the front and rear sight are on the same plane, so to speak. The FAL has the front sight on the barrel, and the rear sight on the lower receiver so there is some play (even if minuscule) between the two, especially if you shoot with a sling. The rear sight on the FAL almost seems like an afterthought.

DSA is selling an M16A2 style adjustable rear sight for the FAL, but I keep finding other things I need to get besides that. I would like to try it out, though.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #22
CDawg
slug

I would love to have all those rifles. When I was shopping for battle rifles and deciding where best to spend the kind of money i had at the time, I opted for two M1 Garands, ammo and spare parts from the CMP. Turns out that I really do like the Garands quite a bit. They're accurate and seem very serviceable. The reload is pretty quick too.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #23
THE DUDE

Honestly.

I'd need to mod Fal mags BUT- I'd take a clean Mas 49/56 any day.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #24
dinkydow

A good mechanic always has more than one screwdriver in his toolbox....no?

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #25
Airforce1
The Red Bearded Kraut

Reliability - FAL
Accuracy - M14

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."

III%
Airforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #26
bill3542

+1 for the FAL... had 3 but give to the boy, his friends drool over it.
bill3542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #27
jam762

Another vote for the L1A1 or FAL.
jam762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #28
dinkydow

Yes...the FAL is sweet. Love that weapons design. Yes I have several of them and have built over a hundred of them over the years. The sights are shit. Wobbly lose and very course in adjustment. The trigger pull sucks donkey dicks...THAT can be somewhat worked out some....but not a bunch... by hand fitting and lots of very careful polishing. It's very easy to have them "doubling" if you get the slightest bit overeager in reworking the trigger assy. Most MBR's are equipped with hefty trigger pulls to keep them from A: Going off when dropped and B: they are just mass produced boomsticks.

The M14 has sights that are MUCH better and the trigger can be tuned a great deal. I have shot the M1D and the M14 in combat against slopes armed with AK's, RPD's, RPK's and RPG's. THOSE have a longer effective range than AK's do.

I have never used the FAL in combat. I like them and as I said I have Imbel parts kits to build a dozen more and some IMBEL gearbox receivers to hang the parts on. Nope. Not for sale.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #29
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

L1A1 'coz I used to own one.

Let it go when my eyes got real bad.

Shoulda hung onto it.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:16 PM   #30
Railbuggy

I quit selling my firearms around 2008 after I got divorced. I have enough parts to finish my #7 AR15 build in 5.56 chamber. Prices are coming down on AR10 build parts. Maybe next year I can build one. I have a Ruger M77 for long shots