Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 04-13-2021, 01:36 PM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Default O.K. question on 5.45X39 ammo??

So me and Marine Lee are looking over a case of 5.45x39 ammo and on the base it is marked plain as day "270."
We miked all the measurements and it is without doubt a 5.45X39.

5.45×39mm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.45%C3%9739mm

Does anyone know or if you have a round can you please look at yours and see if it is thus marked 270??
Thank you in advance.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #2
RetVet
Statistical Error

Mine is marked 270 with 76 on the other edge. This is my batch of Russian I'm pretty sure. I have some bulgarian too, but it's all in sealed spam cans.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:16 PM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
Mine is marked 270 with 76 on the other edge. This is my batch of Russian I'm pretty sure. I have some bulgarian too, but it's all in sealed spam cans.
Yes RetVet thank yah. O.K. we found it after pouring over measurements and going nuts trying to figure it out.
It's the 'lot number' the Ruskies use. Damn it had us confused we said no way this is a 270 cal.
I guess the Ruskie troops get their ammo and if they ask questions its off to the Gulag.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:05 PM   #4
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
270 is the factory, Lugansk Cartridge Works, and 76 means it was made in 1976. Most surplus commbloc ammo is stamped like that with the factory on one side and the year of manufacture on the other.
“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:13 PM   #5
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Russian and Bulgarian "poison bullet" rounds. I stocked up on spam cans of 1080 rounds when it was cheap. Great ammo, still dead nuts reliable & loaded exactly to spec for AK-74's to cycle properly.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:17 PM   #6
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
Russian and Bulgarian "poison bullet" rounds. I stocked up on spam cans of 1080 rounds when it was cheap. Great ammo, still dead nuts reliable & loaded exactly to spec for AK-74's to cycle properly.
And now it's selling for up to $450 per can.
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:25 AM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Just read up on that round and it appears the Com-Bloc countries have pretty much fitted their troops entirely with it. Advantage as the article stated was ability to carry more rounds 'less weight' and longer range capabilities.
Their spec. ops crews still use the 7.62 as they get in close and personal and want the knock down power it provides.
They mentioned they have mega millions of the old AKs put up in storage. Wonder if Slow Joe and crew will let the be imported again?
Old 04-14-2021, 02:26 AM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned_Oli View Post
270 is the factory, Lugansk Cartridge Works, and 76 means it was made in 1976. Most surplus commbloc ammo is stamped like that with the factory on one side and the year of manufacture on the other.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:30 AM   #9
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
Yep, was buying it cheap and stacking it deep until it got to be $270 shipped for a crate of two spam cans, 2160 rounds. Should have kept buying it back then.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:50 AM   #10
bill3542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned_Oli View Post
I've got 5 1080 round tins of 5.45x39 marked 539, years are 76-78.

539 is Russian Tula and yes it's corrosive. I also stocked up on the Barnul Silver Bear 5.45x39, it's all good stuff for my Bulgarian AK74 Bitch rebuilt on a semi-auto receiver.
bill3542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:16 AM   #11
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

Back when it $270 shipped, I made walls of it @ the homestead or picked it up from Knob Creek when they had the MG shoots. It runs great in the Bulgarian AK-74's & the Polish Tantals. When it became hard to find, I switched to Golden Tiger mostly or other milsurplus ammo to shoot.

People were paying $800.00 for crates of 7n6 & $1500.00 for AK74's during the chicom flu lockdowns. That is insane pricing, but makes a 401K account look like nothing.
FloridaAKM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:25 AM   #12
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM View Post
Back when it $270 shipped, I made walls of it @ the homestead or picked it up from Knob Creek when they had the MG shoots. It runs great in the Bulgarian AK-74's & the Polish Tantals. When it became hard to find, I switched to Golden Tiger mostly or other milsurplus ammo to shoot.

People were paying $800.00 for crates of 7n6 & $1500.00 for AK74's during the chicom flu lockdowns. That is insane pricing, but makes a 401K account look like nothing.
5.45x39 - $289.99/1,000 (AmmunitionStore.com) - Cost per round: 29.0 cents

https://gun-deals.com/deals/9122-wolf-performance

Plus $21.00 shipping to me here. Not bad when you take in inflation?
Old 06-22-2021, 01:15 PM   #13
gunkgy

I definitely need to get more.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:23 PM   #14
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
They mentioned they have mega millions of the old AKs put up in storage. Wonder if Slow Joe and crew will let the be imported again?
The way things are going with that commie usurper, they may just hand deliver them in as-is condition to us.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:55 AM   #15
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
5.45x39 - $289.99/1,000 (AmmunitionStore.com) - Cost per round: 29.0 cents

https://gun-deals.com/deals/9122-wolf-performance

Plus $21.00 shipping to me here. Not bad when you take in inflation?
It's down to $0.25 per round & free shipping from Ammo Board in the Tula brand!
FloridaAKM is online now   Reply With Quote