Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
Zane Zackerly
The Mad Messenger

Default Ouija Boards: Harmless toy or doorway to the demonic?

The Ouija Debate
From Stephen Wagner,
Your Guide to Paranormal Phenomena.

Portal to evil or harmless game?

THERE’S AN ongoing debate about the powers and realities of the Ouija board. Essentially, there are three basic positions:
It is inherently dangerous, can open portals to evil entities and should never be used.

It is only dangerous if used with evil intent, but can be a useful tool for spirit mediumship if used properly and with good intent.

It is inherently harmless and has no real powers of mediumship for good or evil; its effects, if any, are only psychological in nature.

Which is true? Talk to any group of people and you’ll find strong proponents for each argument. A few years ago, I conducted a survey of readers on this subject. It results showed that 65 percent of those who responded felt the Ouija was dangerous, and 35% felt it was harmless.
Zane Zackerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #2
aviator
unum de multis

It depends on who's using it and the intentions......I've seen some weird shit in my lifetime.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #3
Icarus
BUNKER FUNKER

Hmmmmmm, Let me look into the Crystal Ball for the answer.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #4
TammiJ
No Member

It's those magic 8 balls that scare me...pure evil

http://www.flash-gear.com/8/index.php?r=113
TammiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Not toys, not harmless and potentially extremely dangerous to the people "playing" with them, IMO.

Whether to external entities or internal conflicts and urges, they can open doors better left closed.

Seriously bad news!

The people who have bad experiences with them aren't just frightened, they seem to end up terrified.

Whether the experiences are objective or subjective, they seem to always end up as bad.

I could do a few hundred pages on the subject, which no one would be very interested in reading, on the topic of at the very least, swinging wide the doors to the deepest sub-conscious, without any of the protection that Religious ritual and protocol would provide, is ... unwise.

Personally, one or two experiences with one as a child, convinced me that "playing" with one was a fine example of a very bad idea.

Several others forms of scrying and divination appear to have the same inherent potential for harm to the practitioner. But it seems to occur very easily with the ouija board, perhaps from the physical sensation of the planchette moving forcefully while all deny moving it intentionally provides some kind of reenforcing feedback.

Ouija boards, are pretty near the top of my personal "Burn Before Reading" security classification list.

Others might just classify them as "Evil", I wouldn't argue with that!

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #6
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Ditto to what 5Knives said. Ouija Boards are extremely dangerous and demons are nothing to mess with unless you know what the heck you are doing!!! I won't even allow a board in my house, and I know what I'm doing.

Demons are real, but that's as far as I'm going with it.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
aviator
unum de multis

Not necessarily demons , believe me......let me tell you a story:

When I was a teenager my mother found one in a house we had just bought, now, my mother as my father and myself are basically non-believers of anything, we always say that there may be a creator who started the whole ball of wax rolling, but we have problems following written words.

Anyhow; My mother asked me if I would join her on using that thing. Sure enough, it worked and started answering all kinds of qustions, so I said to her "This is BS, we are subconciously controlling it, let's do it with our eyes closed and get a third party to write things down"

Here comes dad, who was a total non-believer, specially about supernatural things and we made him sit down with a pad and pencil, meanwhile he's laughing and saying we are full of shit.

We started.

First question: is anyone there?
Answer: Yes
Q: Can you tell us your name?
A: Roger

Dad goes: Oh shit! My cousin? (meantime mom and I do not see what's going on).
A: Yes
Then My dad asked him some private questions that neither my mom or I knew the answers, and the answers were there.

Roger had been dead now for some time, a fatal heart attack at age 30 or so while he was in the military as a doctor.

So my dad went on to ask him about his father's health and "Roger" explained that his father was sick. My dad made a long distance phone call and sure enough the old man was very sick.

That was my first and last experience with the darn thing, my father threw it out right after that.

Too bad Florida didn't have a Lotto back then.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #8
eldogg
just another member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammiJ
It's those magic 8 balls that scare me...pure evil

http://www.flash-gear.com/8/index.php?r=113
i keep an majic 8 ball under the parts counter for those "special" customers. i also have a ouiji board. i got it as a present when i was about 15. i still have it in the top of the closet. it's probobly been out of the box twice. someone need some special powers?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
Sanders

Even Art Bell advises against messing with them...and he's seen most everything.

Spacecraft

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
Bulletboy
Troubleshooter

Personally had a couple experiences with the board just like aviator and 5knives, and I know of many more. I studied the occult quite extensively back then. Something happened one day that terrified me enough to completely cut all that out. I mean the kind of terror where you cant move, and you try and scream but nothing comes out. That particular day wasnt from the Ouija board, but we got rid of it just the same.
Bulletboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
Zane Zackerly
The Mad Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletboy
Personally had a couple experiences with the board just like aviator and 5knives, and I know of many more. I studied the occult quite extensively back then. Something happened one day that terrified me enough to completely cut all that out. I mean the kind of terror where you cant move, and you try and scream but nothing comes out. That particular day wasnt from the Ouija board, but we got rid of it just the same.
I gotta hear this one...
Zane Zackerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #12
Bulletboy
Troubleshooter

Heh, I'd never open myself up to quite that much ridicule well, maybe a little. Seriously though, at the time I had been doing some stupid things regarding that stuff, you know, trying to get something "tangible" to happen. Before too long I started getting a creeped out feeling, but it was constant, like there was somebody behind me all the time. One day I sort of saw some stuff that may very well have been my mind playing tricks on me, but it sure as hell did the trick. I even threw away all my reference materials. Now, I'm not talking anything crazy, like seeing creatures, or anything, but thats the thing, it tries to appear normal. I actually prefer to believe it was my imagination, because I couldnt sleep for days. I had always been interested in that stuff, I had nightmares every night of my life until I was about 15 or 17 maybe. I still love watching the ghost hunters show on discovery, and I will (and have) gone to any supposedly haunted place I can find out about.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #13
aviator
unum de multis

Well, mine wasn't a bad experience, just "strange".
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #14
Bulletboy
Troubleshooter

Yeah my experiences with the ouija werent scary, just interesting. for example, we got it to tell us what was on tv on various channels, and then we checked it with the tv guide and it was right. We made a point to keep it light natured. It (and the nightmares) was part of what got me into all that in the beginning.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #15
charger0122
SUMBITCH

i got one siting on my desk right now i think its made by parker brothers.never used it tho.