Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #16
Silver Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin50 View Post
I would like to ask if anyone would like to discuss or share their belief in the "Rapture" versus the second coming of Jesus. Rapture from what I believe is where most Christians believe that they will be gone before the chaos begins. I will start I am not pro rapture ....
The so-called, 'Rapture' is a creation of the imagination of John Darby, an Anglican minister of the Church of Ireland, as well as an occasional Irish barrister. In 1830, or thereabouts, Darby fastened upon I Thessalonians 4:15-17 as the foundational scripture for his rapture theory. That scripture is, unquestionably, abstruse; and, consequently, open to varied interpretation. It reads:

Quote:
'For this we say to you by the word of The Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of The Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For The Lord, Himself, will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet The Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with The Lord.'
Exactly how Darby got, 'the Rapture' out of this text is beyond this simple bible-reading Christian's mind? Neither does Darby's, 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card agree with the Apostle John's more straightforward and relevant prophesy recorded in Revelation 3:8-13. It reads:

Quote:
'Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man might succeed in taking away thy crown.'
There is no, 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card; neither is there going to be. Speaking personally, I'm much more inclined to agree with Sir Isaac Newton's prognostications about Christ's Second Coming than I ever might be with John Darby's muddled religious rambling. (Kind 'a like Disneyland for timorous Christian Fundamentalists!)
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #17
Stalky

Good thread to read on a Sunday. No jokes. Thank you. Your question has been the topic of many discussions over the years.
Stalky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #18
scaldwellk

If there is a pre tribulation, then how can we be here to lift our heads skyward when we see the signs of Christ's coming come to past?
scaldwellk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:04 AM   #19
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

I have always found Clarence Larkin's writings on the book of Revelation interesting. He draws really cool charts.

Last edited by 9teen11; 11-04-2016 at 06:26 AM. Reason: picture still too dang big - strike that - this one's better
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:22 AM   #20
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

If I get raptured out, good. If I don't, then I'll bring a bit if my own tribulation to anyone that tries to remove my head or hinder my own religious freedom.

I wont be taking any hellish mark of the beast on my right hand, forehead or buttcheek.

It is retarded to think that Christians will some how get a get out of jail free card when it comes to the grief of the "end times". That sort of thinking seems to be perpetuated by the prosperity gospel snake oil salesmen. Somehow in their economy, Christians in western culture are more valuable than the ones over where it all began.

Christians in the middle east could well be forgiven for thinking that the great tribulation is well and truly under way.

Rapture question doesn't concern me as much as the bit that says that 1/3 of the earth will be burned with fire, 1/3 of the water poisoned & 1/3 of the earth's population will be killed. That's a LOT of dead meat, more than 2 billion.

Grim times ahead if the Book is right.

Last edited by 9teen11; 11-04-2016 at 06:27 AM. Reason: found a better sized chart, not as damned huge.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:38 AM   #21
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen11 View Post
If I get raptured out, good. If I don't, then I'll bring a bit if my own tribulation to anyone that tries to remove my head or hinder my own religious freedom.

I wont be taking any hellish mark of the beast on my right hand, forehead or buttcheek.

It is retarded to think that Christians will some how get a get out of jail free card when it comes to the grief of the "end times". That sort of thinking seems to be perpetuated by the prosperity gospel snake oil salesmen. Somehow in their economy, Christians in western culture are more valuable than the ones over where it all began.

Christians in the middle east could well be forgiven for thinking that the great tribulation is well and truly under way.

Rapture question doesn't concern me as much as the bit that says that 1/3 of the earth will be burned with fire, 1/3 of the water poisoned & 1/3 of the earth's population will be killed. That's a LOT of dead meat, more than 2 billion.

Grim times ahead if the Book is right.
The Book's been right, up to now, no reason to doubt it. But, the Book also states we're not to speculate a date or time, but as Christians, we're to be ready.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #22
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
The Book's been right, up to now, no reason to doubt it. But, the Book also states we're not to speculate a date or time, but as Christians, we're to be ready.

Brian

Agreed. I'm ready. In this world and for the next.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #23
Bluntforce
slug

These fools plus the transisters, feminists and faggots replaying what brought down Sodom plus NAMBLA, the by eight or it's too late crowd, the Swedish incest legalization movement plus the atheist movement is screaming to bring down the Wrath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8dUQOaSmSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9nm7q1oh2M
Old 11-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #24
drh
I know stuff about things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post

Brian
Hi Guys,

I'll make my first post here and say I agree with the above. I have gone through rough things in my life starting as a kid in an abusive household. Because of that my survival instincts told me to control everything I could. Later in life this became a problem for me because that abuse was no longer there, and the survival/control issues that helped me as a child were no longer necessary. I didn't know this and it ruined relationships and a marriage.

When I hit bottom I asked God to fix me and change my heart. He allowed a mentor to come into my life and help. This man (a Marine) walked me through The Genesis Process where I was able to recognize what had happened and I learned how to respond to things rather than react and destroy.

I learned several things; God loved my right there at that moment regardless of what I did. This is scriptural. God is always happy to hear from me. This too is scriptural. And I think the most important part was when I gave up and told God He could have complete control of my life, and I would wake up each day and take whatever He put in front of me.

Giving up control changed my life. My boss told me after several months he didn't know what had happened, but something good has...our customers call and say how much they like working with me. He said my coworkers like working with me now...and for me there is peace knowing and trusting the God of Psalm 139 has my back as He does for all who call on Him.

Now I accept what is before me each day. A homeless lady was by our office and I talked to he the other day and listened to her story. He name is Summer. I was nice to her, hugged her and prayed for her. Gave her $40 for food and for a bus ticket to the Portland Rescue Mission where they also have The Genesis Process for anyone who is done doing what they are doing, and want to change.

So bottom line for me is I will do each day what God puts in my path. I will also fail. I will also be an ass, but that is because I am sinful in nature, but that God He sent His Son to pay my price, and offer me the Grace of unconditional Forgiveness. The later of which I try to do for others until He comes again...rapture or not, physical death or not. I will trust in Him.
drh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:07 PM   #25
ALL SEEING EYE
Member of Kidzworld Forum now

Default The Rapture.

Read 1st Thessalonians 4:13-17,........Matthew 24:36,...........Matthew 24:23-51.The Bible doesnt use the word "Rapture".
ALL SEEING EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:25 PM   #26
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin50 View Post
I would like to ask if anyone would like to discuss or share their belief in the "Rapture" versus the second coming of Jesus. Rapture from what I believe is where most Christians believe that they will be gone before the chaos begins.

I believe that's what is says in Revelation.