Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Gunsmithing
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 04-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
bubbamauser

Default ak/g3 hybrid

I am planning on reaming a milled yugo kit to 308 thinning out the front and rear pieces on the outside and thinning the front trunnion? I don't know what its called on a milled. so i can fit g3 mags, the receiver will get rid of the release and I will attach a trigger guard to the magwell, making some kind of g3 type release

anyone done anything like this over here, I need whatever help I can get

P.S. I know the barrels is .311, but some milsurp bolt actionss shoot alot better with the smaller bullet maybe the same here?cheezy
bubbamauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:57 AM   #2
magnus392
Thick Skulled Southerner

I think someone adapted a Saiga to take G3 mags before, but I don't recall how, but if I can find it later I will post it.

SOunds like what you want to try should work.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
bubbamauser

Another question, if I put a thumbhole stock on it and ground off the bayonet lug and threads for the barrel would 922r apply? I know how to make the trigger Semi. a 9$ stock rather than all the compliance parts is what I would rather do on this one because there isn't anything to keep this authentic to.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
EdHunter

I think you only need the thumbhole, I don't think you need to worry about the lug and threads.
EdHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
Cephus
The OLD COOT one and only

You still can't have more then 10 parts to make it comply with 922 that is just a fact that ATF won't buy !! As far as the mag goes there are three ways to do that ,ya can fix the mag to use the AK release ,ya can make the extra mag parts like the G3 ,or ya can do it like a AR release from the side and attach it to the rec.

If you are going through with tghis it may be a good idea to contact your local ATF office and run this by them !!!

Good luck with it let us know how it comes out !!!
THAT IS BLOOD

Cephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
partssman
Redneck Moderator

See Bubba.....you didn't get bit over here......glad to see you signed up.....come back and hang around a while

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."
- Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch
partssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #7
bubbamauser

Thanks for the info guys, I was trying to get around the 10 or less with the thumbhole stock, but I'd rather be safe. Im planning on using a latch on the side of the magwell for the magazine (so it catches the cut out on the magazine) Thanks for the welcome.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:14 PM   #8
Cephus

So you're going with the AR style I'm thinkin on that one myself ,It just seems to fit better are ya going to make your own or just buy one of the ones from tapco !! What I want is a bigger foot than they have , so I'll be making one for that purpose !!!Good luck with it ,you'll have your's done before I get mine done ,I'm kinda lazy when I work !!! LOL
Old 04-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #9
leadhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus392
I think someone adapted a Saiga to take G3 mags before, but I don't recall how, but if I can find it later I will post it.

SOunds like what you want to try should work.

That someone is me. A year or so back when I had time for such things. As Cephus said I had to fab from scratch a AR style mag reliece. Also to make the thing work I had to fab a G3 mag well.

ALOT of teh trunion has to come out, I did eventualy get it to run right, but lost intrest, UNconverted it and sold the gun. ......

Heres a pic after the pisol grip conversion, but before mag well conversion.

And with G3 well and mag..........

I know, I'm goooooood aren't I.

Trust me on this, JUST BUY A $300 - $500 G3/ Cetme.............
leadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #10
leadhead

If you can't tell that was back in the gunsnet days.
leadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:16 AM   #11
Cephus

Yeah and you wouldn't have had as much fun either ,where the hell you been ,and are ya bringing any of them corn sqweezins with ya to the shoot ,me your wife have to get drunk and talk medic stuff so she can sew somethin up on you !!! LMAO
Old 04-22-2006, 12:09 AM   #12
bubbamauser

I agree with cephus building its all the fun even when it takes 3, 4 tries to get it right and this one might take that and then some