Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Hunting
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2015, 07:27 AM   #1
Railbuggy

Default City Hunting-Starlings

I don't notice them much in the warmer months but large flocks of English Starlings have invaded my hood. Every day I find bird poop on my car. It was 2F in Cincinnati, OH the other day. The three empty lots behind my house were seeded with grass after some old houses were leveled last summer. About 30 to 50 yards out from my kitchen window were a flock of enemy combatants on the ground offering themselves to my Benjamin Discovery 22 PCP pellet rifle with a TKO installed to take the bite out of the bark. Its like shooting fish in a barrel. I have two other favorite 22 pellet carbines. One is a multi pump, the other runs on CO2. CO2 is great in the warmer months. I might get 600fps. Both are fine shooters out to about 25 yards, then the pellets start to drop. They are limited to about 480 to 540 fps at the muzzle.
The 22 Disco is filled to 2000psi with my hand pump and fires 14.3gr lead pellets at up to 900fps. It is not affected by the cold and I have taken starlings out to 70 yards.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
500grains
Soldier of Allah

70 yards is far off. But does that air rifle make lots of noise which will attract the government?
Old 06-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #3
baboon
slug

On one of the years I went on safari the quelea's were so bad they were using vaporized gas bombs on them in RSA.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:11 AM   #4
Railbuggy

70 yards was a lucky shot. I have a NIKON ProStaff BDC 3-9x40 mounted on my Disco. Youtube has video of folks shooting less than 2" groups at fifty yards in both .177 and .22.
The Benjamin Discovery is loud right out of the box, but after installing my 6.5" TKO it sounds like someone smacking a yearbook shut. Without seeing the Gun, they never know. Some of the more expensive PCP rifles come with built in baffles.
Railbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote