Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 09-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
Railbuggy

Default My Taurus PT22 vs Ruger SR22

Took my son Jeremy(16) shooting mouse guns today.
The used Taurus PT 22 I bought came with a bad magazine. Maybe I can keep bending the lips and hope for the best. The 8 round used magazine that came with the pocket pistol jams(FTF) all the time if you put more than 6 rounds in the magazine. I bought a new magazine and I can load 8 rounds in the magazine with 1 in the tube and she barks 9 times non stop. I got this mouse gun on 8/16 and finally got her to shoot right with a new factory magazine.
Next we fired about 100rds through my new Ruger SR22 I got on 8/30/17.
The rear sights were broken when I got the gun, and am waiting for the Ruger free replacement set in the mail. After my first test firing last Wednesday I notice the dove tailed rear sight base was damaged and I returned it the next day. The Dealer called Ruger, and Ruger ask to speak to me. Ruger will ship a whole new sight assembly to my home. All I needed was the dovetailed base, but I,m good with the extra parts. Maybe they will toss in a extra mag. lol
I've put about 200rds through the SR22 without a function problem, as it should be with new guns. Maybe Jeremy and I can get down to the river tomorrow and shoot up a couple more boxes. I checked two of my local Walmarts today looking to buy some more bulk packs. Both places did not have any bricks of 22 on display. I still have 2700+ 22lr in my GI can at home. Always nice to add more.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
Driswalds
Starcastle Champion

I'm not a Taurus hater but not much to compare between those firearms.
A belly gun against a decent sized and well made Ruger.
Driswalds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
Railbuggy

Your right my friend. The little Taurus was a impulse buy that lead me to buy the SR22.
I would prefered to have the little Beretta 21A that is a DA/SA semi-auto pistol.
Railbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbuggy View Post
Your right my friend. The little Taurus was a impulse buy that lead me to buy the SR22.
I would prefered to have the little Beretta 21A that is a DA/SA semi-auto pistol.
I got my wife a little Beretta 21A (Bobcat) because she couldn't shoot her Hi Power anymore because of her shoulder. It's a fun little gun - but is picky with ammo. Anything less than CCI Mini Mags, and it hiccups. Its favorite is Stingers, but I haven't seen them for sale for a long time.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:03 PM   #5
buzgun
slug

gun

i have a SR22.....decent pistol.....i put it in my pocket when i go for walks in the desert.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:14 PM   #6
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

You can't hardly beat Ruger for making a .22 pistol. They have it down perfect. If you get a misfire it is more likely than not the fault of the ammo.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:01 PM   #7
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
You can't hardly beat Ruger for making a .22 pistol. They have it down perfect. If you get a misfire it is more likely than not the fault of the ammo.
Yep. My 22/45 with the red dot scope on it is so stupid accurate that it is almost boring to shoot. Although, I haven't been to the indoor range in a while. I once made a smiley face on my target with it and it pissed off the cop shooting (very poorly) next to me so bad that he packed up his stuff and left.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:00 AM   #8
Railbuggy

I found extra magazines for it at a TRIGGER'S store in KY while I was visiting Mom. Most online venders were asking around $25 for a single mag. TRIGGER'S had twin pack's for $34.99. I bought two twin pack's and now have 6 magazines for this fun little pistol. I received the replacement sight assembly on the 7th, but have not fired it since. I bought a Charger about 6 months ago, and have a Mark II that I think was made in 2003. I wish I had every Ruger I had bought and sold since turning 21 in 1974. My 7.5"45 Blackhawk was added to my collection around 2011.
Railbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote