Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Bluntforce
slug

Default Power in numbers?

Since where two or more are gathered, there He is. Does that mean prayer in groups is more effective?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
Since where two or more are gathered, there He is. Does that mean prayer in groups is more effective?
I can't answer that definitively, Bluntforce ~ but I imagine that God considers ALL prayers, from individuals as well as groups, on an equal footing.

I do believe in the power of prayer, and perhaps a prayer circle's petition will be heard more often and therefore will be given a similar amount of consideration.

I am convinced, of course, that ALL prayers are answered by God ~ frequently not in the way we mortals would have wished.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
slug

I had a prayer answered today

Will explain later
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #4
samgunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
The context of the passage you refer to is telling us that he is there where we are. God is omnipresent unlike the devil which is not everywhere all the time.
The passage reconfirms God is everywhere.... Or omnipresent.

Hope this makes sense.
samgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Bluntforce
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgunner View Post
The context of the passage you refer to is telling us that he is there where we are. God is omnipresent unlike the devil which is not everywhere all the time.
The passage reconfirms God is everywhere.... Or omnipresent.

Hope this makes sense.
Thank you. I didn't realize the devil wasn't omnipresent.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
samgunner

Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
James 4:7
samgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Prayer in groups is not a bad thing. In fact, it is very encouraging. I find it very uplifting to be around like believers all working toward a common goal. However, God's ways are not our ways.

Consider this. If there was power in numbers, would not a 32,000 man army be much stronger than a 300 man army? Human logic would say yes. But yet the Lord led Gideon to decrease the number of his army. He said that 32,000 was too many. So after a series of trimming, Gideon finally dwindled his numbers to 300 by keeping only those who drank water from the river like a dog. Of course, there are other things to consider in this story. If an army of 32,000 won the victory, then people would have praised the "power in numbers" theory and would have bragged on winning the battle of their own accord. But to win the battle with only 300 men would clearly show that God was with them. That's the main point of the story, but this passage is still relevant to your question.

On the human side of things, have you ever worked with someone who did not know what they were doing? Oftentimes in a case like this, it simply is much easier to do things on your own than it to do it with "incorrect" help. Like, carrying something for instance. It is nearly impossible to carry a large object with someone who does not know how to lift or carry. It is very difficult moving something with "help" that jerks or tugs on the item that your are moving. As long as your body is physically capable of doing it, in this case it is much easier to just move the item yourself than it is with help. It is more important to have the right kind of help than it is to just have "warm bodies" filling the position. Kind of a quality over quantity type of situation.

As much as I like seeing large groups worshiping, I would still rather be in a group of 2 or 3 sincere followers than a group of a 1000 fakes. As Sam already pointed out, the context of the passage you quoted simply means that God is with us whether we are part of a large group or even if we stand alone. Numbers mean nothing to God, as proven by the story of Gideon's army. He too would like to see "large" numbers turning to Him because it is His will that none should perish.

But He has just as much power in a group of 2 or 3 as He has in groups of thousands.

Hope this helps.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote