Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:53 PM   #31
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post
4th, im just wanting to load black powder for the fun of it.......the loads i made up today and yesterday were with smokeless Unique powder....Im having trouble finding real black powder.
https://www.grafs.com/goex

http://www.blackpowderva.com/

ADD: I am reading on muzzle loading forums that some Bass Pros shops carry real black powder but it is not on display you have to ask for it?
Most all are saying fun to shoot the real stuff but yuk super super dirty.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:27 AM   #32
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
https://www.grafs.com/goex

http://www.blackpowderva.com/

ADD: I am reading on muzzle loading forums that some Bass Pros shops carry real black powder but it is not on display you have to ask for it?
Most all are saying fun to shoot the real stuff but yuk super super dirty.
The real stuff is not only more fun to shoot, it performs better than the synthetic stuff. Accuracy is way better with real blackpowder.

Who cares if it is dirty, anyway? Nothing a little hot, soapy water can't take care of. If I'm out in the field, I use Butch's Blackpowder cleaner. All it is is soapy water in a bottle, but it works well enough.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #33
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Im going to find the real black powder boys.......i know of a place in phoenix that sells it....the problem is its a 90 min drive from where i live......every thing is very spread out here and loooong driving distances are the norm when your looking for something specific like this that cant be shipped to you.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #34
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Im going to find the real black powder boys.......i know of a place in phoenix that sells it....the problem is its a 90 min drive from where i live......every thing is very spread out here and loooong driving distances are the norm when your looking for something specific like this that cant be shipped to you.
buz I think Graf will ship with the hazmat fee? Hell the fee will be less than the drive if they do ship.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #35
JD Miller
Fake Member

Real black powder smoke smells better too
Old 12-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #36
55chevy

Here is what I use, hot water with powder dish washer soap. Cascade is the brand name. Rinse well afterwards and dry.
55chevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #37
Sanders

Quote:
Unless I catch my "connection" at a muzzleloader shoot, for me to buy real black powder is a 5 hr. drive and the place has a minimum 10 lb. purchase. You have to call ahead so they can go pick it up from their secure storage bunker.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #38
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Unless I catch my "connection" at a muzzleloader shoot, for me to buy real black powder is a 5 hr. drive and the place has a minimum 10 lb. purchase. You have to call ahead so they can go pick it up from their secure storage bunker.
I jut got back from the mesa AZ bass proshop....nothing but pyrodex P.

I did buy 200 more starline .45 colt brass cases and some storage boxes however....Ill just shoot with unique until i can find black powder.
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #39
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
I jut got back from the mesa AZ bass proshop....nothing but pyrodex P.

I did buy 200 more starline .45 colt brass cases and some storage boxes however....Ill just shoot with unique until i can find black powder.
I know that there are "Shooting Organizations" in Arizona.
Especially BP clubs, in the "Fast Draw" category.
Used to be anyway. BP and wax bullets or Dacron cups.(bullets)
Join one of them, they often have group buys, to offset HAZMAT charges.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #40
buzgun
slug

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
I know that there are "Shooting Organizations" in Arizona.
Especially BP clubs, in the "Fast Draw" category.
Used to be anyway. BP and wax bullets or Dacron cups.(bullets)
Join one of them, they often have group buys, to offset HAZMAT charges.
There is apparently only one place in the entire phoenix valley to get real black powder.......it is called Thunderbird cartridge company in Laveen........that is over an hour drive from me each way.

And after calling them up they need 3 hrs notice to travel to their powder magazine to pull the powder to sell it to me.
Also the brand of BP they carry is shutzman??.....never heard of it.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #41
Sanders

Probably this stuff, made in Germany: http://www.schuetzenpowder.com/

I'd drive 2 hours for a couple pounds of it. Better than 10 hours (5 each way) for a 10 lb. minimum.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #42
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by remus View Post
Don't run black powder through the powder measure. Pour it into the brass measuring powder dispenser. There is a real danger of the black powder exploding being run through a powder measure designed for smokeless powder. I've known this to happen with dire effects.
I also have been made aware of THAT.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #43
dinkydow

There is a place in Lodi called ...I believe...log cabin sports.. that is a black powder freaks heaven. They have everything a black powder man could ask for. Parts to build your own, guns, powder, caps, nipples, shot, flints...it is not a small place.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #44
buzgun
slug

gun

I finally got my hands on some Goex fffg and loaded 15 rounds with it to the top of the Colt.45 case.......the 250 grain lead bullets seated very easily as i compressed the powder down in the case.

The recoil is pretty stout......the Colt.45 must have been a magnum for its day because my repro colt 1860 cap and ball revolver doesn't seem like it has nearly that much power even with as much powder as i can fit into the cylinder and still seat a lead ball.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #45
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

3Fg is a stout powder, should have got some 2Fg for that load.
3F is too fast, especially with that amount of a charge.
How many grain did it come to? Around 100 or so?
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote