Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 03-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #31
4thIDvet
slug

Default Win mod. 97 aprox. serial to 1913?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
Pictures?...
O.K. picts. of the Win. solid piece mod. 97. Some minor work needed mostly cosmetic but it shoots. Been a bit but I think the serial numbers take it to 1913 or so?
Have the bayo. for it also. Has 3 distinct notches evenly spaced in the trigger guard which I assume is 'I got em cuts?'
Has 4 hole across on the heat shield. Used in WWI I have no idea? Any info anyone can add would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #32
slug

Nice Trench Gun Sir...

But you should throw it in the river

before it goes off and hurts Larry...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #33
RTO

Very nice, Tim.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:17 PM   #34
4thIDvet
slug

Question

Yeah geez if only it could talk. Now the more I read on these the more mixed it gets? 's has the globe and whatever on his and I read where they put that on after the war? Correct wrong PLEASE correct me??
Plus lots of police depts. bought these surplus to shoot roaring 20s bad guys?
ADD> Fact. A few weeks before the war Germany wanted them banned because they were sweeping the German trenches with them. The war ended with no adjudication .
Holy sheet the bayo on this goes half way to Germany.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:41 PM   #35
JD Miller
Fake Member

Cool old shotgun. Those action parts are hand fitted and I bet cycles smooth

Old 03-08-2019, 02:45 AM   #36
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
Cool old shotgun. Those action parts are hand fitted and I bet cycles smooth

Yes JD they do even for being well over a hundred yrs. old. Action is the same as the Ithaca's hold the trigger back keep pumping and she will keep firing.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #37
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
O.K. picts. of the Win. solid piece mod. 97.
Where the fuck are they, Tim?

I showed you mine, but I'm not seein' your'n.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #38
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post
Where the fuck are they, Tim?

I showed you mine, but I'm not seein' your'n.
I had a girl say that to me in High School Rick.
I am going to give one more try at getting this back together then if no its off to the gunsmith?
Pogo as posted I am reading the fixed barrel not the take down ones are the ones worth a bit more and hard to find? I don't know my head starts spinning when I read the history of these dang guns..
Old 06-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #39
slug

Quote:
I am going to give one more try at getting this back together then if no its off to the gunsmith?
Pogo as posted I am reading the fixed barrel not the take down ones are the ones worth a bit more and hard to find? I don't know my head starts spinning when I read the history of these dang guns..
That's nice Sir...

and it has a 'Seat Belt'

44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:00 AM   #40
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Quote:
Very nice, 4th.

Thanks.

And did you show it to the girl after school?
Rick-a-Roo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:29 AM   #41
p-38

I have sold so many of those old pumps I couldn't count. Most of them were worn as hell with almost no blue left to them. Alot of them had a good amount of wear to the internal parts as to making the actions hang up every so often. All but two I think have been commercial models, the other two being a military dressed and marked one, the other a police model. Most were sold from $200 up to $400 being very well used, the two other models sold for much more IIRC, and we're in better shape not being hunting guns for a century. I purchased a bayonet lug/ heat shield for one at a gun show well over a decade ago, thing was minty. Payed a couple hundred for it back then, and it looked to be a legit original last time I looked it over. Thing probably weighs as much as a barrel, with the big arse chunk of metal for the lug and swivel. Always wanted to build up a cheap commercial model and use it, but never found a good enough condition cheapo one for my penny pinching mind. The goal was to redo it all, and throw it in the blue tank with a nice polish job to hang on the wall. Obviously not a complete copy of a military model, but just a pretty to look at shotgun. I wonder if the shield/lug would fit on the old Savage 520 I have in a bag of gun out back? That probably won't happen though with my limits on time now a days. I should dig a little and confirm if that shield is original, it's still wrapped in the brown grease paper if I remember correctly. Anyone know if there is any specific markings I should see on the old shield/lug/swivel?
p-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:14 AM   #42
4thIDvet
slug

p-38 mine is a circa. 1913/1915 and the heat shield has 4 rows of 4 across length wise holes. Plus the bayo lug and non barrel takedown its a fixed barrel. I think? later models went with more rows across holes but I may be wrong?