Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Camping, Backpacking, Outdoor Survival Skills
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Default How to cure foot fungus and athletes foot.

Many moons ago in the military and living in boots for months on end my feet itched so much I wanted to amputate my damn feet. Now occasionally no matter how clean I keep things I get an occasional flare up.
My nice dermatologist gave me her home recipe.

Listerine- Original not the scented stuff.
Vinegar- White vinegar I guess?
Small plastic tub your foots will fit in.
Warm water.

Pour warm water in the tub enough to cover your foots. Add 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup Listerine. Soak for 10 minutes.
Wash your sneakers and use a little bleach if their white. Boots or shoes use store bought foot spray and give em a shot. Clean socks of course.
Stop walking barefoot or bring the whole tub and set up with yah when yah do.
She my Doc is from Lebanon and walked barefoot a lot as a kid. Its her moms mix and it works.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:05 AM   #2
baboon
slug

Vicks Vapor rub kills toe nail fungus too.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
hangfire
Home on the range

When I joined the Army I was told to piss on your feet in the shower. I've never had athletes foot.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangfire View Post
When I joined the Army I was told to piss on your feet in the shower. I've never had athletes foot.
I always wondered about that one. If you piss on your feet in the shower, any normal person will then wash their feet. What good would it do?

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:13 PM   #5
RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Many moons ago in the military and living in boots for months on end my feet itched so much I wanted to amputate my damn feet. Now occasionally no matter how clean I keep things I get an occasional flare up.
Immersion foot was no fun. The dinks must have had waterproof feet from all of the callouses from wearing those Ho Chi Minh sandals and going barefoot.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:38 AM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTO View Post
Immersion foot was no fun. The dinks must have had waterproof feet from all of the callouses from wearing those Ho Chi Minh sandals and going barefoot.
I often wondered about that RTO. I had a few NVA uniforms sandals backpacks helmet and gave it all away to a VFW. Think I got athletes hand from touching the sandals.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:37 AM   #7
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I cured athlete's foot by laying in the sun until I got a foot sunburn. The radiation killed that nasty fungus. But now my feet have freckles.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:04 AM   #8
mr-ak-47
Massa di Avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
I cured athlete's foot by laying in the sun until I got a foot sunburn. The radiation killed that nasty fungus. But now my feet have freckles.

....Why...?......would you want to cure foot fungus,....you sound real racist saying that. Besides it would be a great conversation piece at the dinner table or when new clients arrive .....after all not everyone has foot fungus....

One person says something stupid, and the other stupid people hear him, and the next thing you know, you're getting tortured in a gulag.

Welcome to democracy, where your rights depend on the howling of the mob.

mr-ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:37 AM   #9
aviator
unum de multis

Ah heck that's what Lotrimil was designed for, put it on twice and they are gone. Nail fungus? don't take the pills doctors want to give you, they screw up your liver, cut your nail really short and shove the same stuff inside, scrape the top of the nail and rub it on. do it for a week or so. you'll see it change colors.

forget doctors all they want to do is sell pills, my guess they get a kick back from the sales reps.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #10
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-ak-47 View Post
....Why...?......would you want to cure foot fungus,....you sound real racist saying that. Besides it would be a great conversation piece at the dinner table or when new clients arrive .....after all not everyone has foot fungus....
Some lawyers put photos of their jockitch on their websites.
500grains is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #11
dinkydow

I use Lotrimin powder...foot fungus is gone. I use it in my boots and shoes also...keeps the cheese down.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #12
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

First off, and most important, if your feet get wet or sweaty, wash them and dry them, put on clean dry socks. Second, I put Desenex Antifungal Powder in my boots every couple of days.

If you do get a foot fungus or other disease wash and dry your feet a couple of times a day. Each time, put on clean socks after dusting powder inside them.

Take care of your feet. They are the only ones you will ever have.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:54 PM   #13
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Ah heck that's what Lotrimin was designed for, put it on twice and they are gone. Nail fungus? don't take the pills doctors want to give you, they screw up your liver, cut your nail really short and shove the same stuff inside, scrape the top of the nail and rub it on. do it for a week or so. you'll see it change colors.

forget doctors all they want to do is sell pills, my guess they get a kick back from the sales reps.

Works for me also. Use it to dust off my daddy parts also.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:10 PM   #14
THE DUDE

Best advice I was ever given about feet was to carry an extra pair of socks for every 8 hours you're going to be out and about.
White socks only too as black/brown socks can bleed and create more issues for your feet in shitty conditions.

Nothing like finally getting around to taking your boots off and your feet looked like you spent the last week in a swimming pool 24 hours a day, then warm water hits them and you feel like you're on fire.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #15
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

When you enlist in the Army you are given two pair of boots for a reason. Switch boots daily. That allows perspiration to dry out on the day you are wearing the other pair.

When I first enlisted some soldiers kept one pair for show and the other to wear - a dumb idea. I bought a third pair of boots to keep highly polished for parades.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote