Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 11-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
Sanders

Nuke IMR Powder Recall

IMR Legendary Powders is officially announcing a product safety warning and recall notice for IMR 4007SSC smokeless powder. All lots of powder are included in the recall. IMR has received reports that this particular powder, sold in 1 pound and 8 pound containers, could become unstable due to possible rapid deterioration. Use of this product may result in combustion, fire damage and/or possible serious injury.

What to do:

1. If you are in possession of IMR 4007SSC, STOP USING THE PRODUCT IMMEDIATELY! Fill the powder container with water, which will render the product inert and safe for disposal.

2. Mail, email or fax a copy of the powder label with the lot number to the contact information below, and include your name, address, phone and email.

3. You may select a replacement IMR smokeless powder product of your choice, which will be shipped to you at no charge.

4. If you have loaded the powder subject to this recall into ammunition, we recommend that you pull the bullets, remove the powder and wet the powder with water for safe disposal.
IMR deeply regrets any inconvenience this may cause, but we believe in safety first.

Contact information: Hodgdon Powder Company, Inc., 6430 Vista Drive, Shawnee, KS 66218, email help@imrpowder.com, imprpowder.com, call 1-800-622-4366 or 913-362-9455 and fax 913-362-1307.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
bill3542

damn... somebody fucked up on this stuff, if you keep powder in a cool dry place it will last a long time.

I've loaded Hercules 2400 that my dad had bought in the 1960s and had no issues, only problem I've had was a very old 1 pound metal can of IMR 4350 that had gone bad. there was rust spots on the outside, the powder had that rusty brown color and smelled strange.

I dumped it out on the yard.
bill3542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

What to do:

1. If you are in possession of IMR 4007SSC, STOP USING THE PRODUCT IMMEDIATELY and give it to someone you hate. Your X wife a neighbor and X friend who has royally wronged you."

Contact information: Hodgdon Powder Company, Inc.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3542 View Post
damn... somebody fucked up on this stuff, if you keep powder in a cool dry place it will last a long time.

I've loaded Hercules 2400 that my dad had bought in the 1960s and had no issues, only problem I've had was a very old 1 pound metal can of IMR 4350 that had gone bad. there was rust spots on the outside, the powder had that rusty brown color and smelled strange.

I dumped it out on the yard.
I dump old powder out in the garden. Really gives the chiles a kick.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

What happens if you have a bad batch of powder stored with 100+ lbs of other powder?

The only IMR powder I have is 4064 and 4895. It currently isn't stored with the WC860, WC868 and WC872.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:37 PM   #6
JD Miller
Fake Member

Quote:
IMR 4007SSC
Never used it

Looks like its slower than imr 4064 and faster than imr 4350

little slower than R15 and Varget
Old 11-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #7
bill3542

I'm a big user of spherical ball powders... H335, BL-C2, AA2700 and AA2460 in rifle cartridges.

now for .357 Mag Hercules 2400 is my go to powder.
bill3542 is offline   Reply With Quote