Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Knives
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Knives Discussion about knives

Old 10-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
ashhoe

Default Buck 124

I have a Buck 124 Frontiersman on the way.
I'm not the biggest fan of the 420HC steel but it's good enough.
Pretty excited over here.
The Bozos at buck should offer all their fixed blades with full tangs, I'd have more of them if they did.
ashhoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #2
Sanders

Those are nice! I'm 100 percent sold on Buck after talking to their customer service folks a while back.

Did you get the rosewood or the black handle?

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 03:37 AM   #3
ashhoe

Black handle.
I almost bought one with the rosewood handle off Fbay for a LOT more money.
The 124 is out of stock everywhere.
Shopping at 3:48AM has its advantages I guess.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
Sanders

Yeah, I've been kind of surprised how the 124 has been sold out everywhere - since earlier this year. I had a few on my watch list on e-gay and they didn't stay for long. Not sure, but maybe the increased demand for hunting knives is paralleling the gun demand?
Old 10-09-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
ashhoe

I got mine (I hope) with 20% off too.
I was sure I didn't actually get the order through so I called and the impossibly helpful guy I spoke with confirmed that I did get the order though and it should ship monday.
He said they would occasionally ask for overtime help from his department back in the day before the plandemic but now it's every day and every weekend.
Packing boxes and cleaning up etc.
He sounded like good people and it reminded me of calling Lodge customer service, like you called a friend.
I already throw money at Lodge and I'm pretty sure I'm going to pack some more Bucks into the knife safe.
Big ol' 120 general with the S30V blade and shockwood grip, when they put that back into the custom shop rotation.
That "chip flint" thing they have is nice too.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:36 PM   #6
Solid Snake

I just googled that knife. Beautiful blade! But not a full tang? That's rather heartbreaking.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:06 AM   #7
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
I just googled that knife. Beautiful blade! But not a full tang? That's rather heartbreaking.
Full tang or not, I haven't heard about Buck knives snapping in half all over the place because of it.

Now, my TOPs Apache Dawn is 1/4" steel with a full tang, built like a friggen tank. But the steel is so thick, it won't slice an apple - even with a razor's edge. It is like trying to slice an apple with an axe.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:53 PM   #8
ashhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
It's full tang.
I got it yesterday and like it enough that I ordered another one this morning.
The only difference was 25% off this time instead of 20%, BUCK25 was discount code.
Free shipping and 25% off put it at $126.41 with tax added in.