Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 05-27-2020, 06:52 PM   #1
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Default Missing the old days

GD Obammy killed this forum single handedly.
Only 35 threads in 5 years, about our old guns, and purchases.

Missing the good old days of waiting on the BBT to arrive
with my new acquisitions.
The smell of cosmoline, and cleaning it off the rifles and from under
my fingernails.
Browsing the flyers from SOG, AIM, Century, and Shotgun News.
My wife bitching about the walk-in closet space being taken up
with another safe

Gave my 03 up once Obammy killed the imports, no point in it after that.
Damn, I hate that POS niqqer more each day

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:20 PM   #2
slug

F B H O
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

8 years of fag niqqer doom
Old 05-27-2020, 11:05 PM   #4
Sanders

I was just barely starting to get into C&R after only being interested in more modern firearms. Picked up some Mausers and a Ballester - Rigaud, and then learned about the Crufflers. But I pretty much missed out on the heyday of the hobby, to my own regrets.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:44 PM   #5
dinkydow

Good old days for me was when the local surplus store had hundreds of Mausers, Enfields, 1903 Springfield, 1917 Enfields etc in 55 gallon drums. Before the GCAof 1968. I was 18 years old and could buy just about anything. Department stores had rack upon rack of M1 garands and carbines and huge stacks of ammo for them. An unissued m1 garand was $80.00. A. Carbine was $60.00.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:48 PM   #6
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Good old days for me was when the local surplus store had hundreds of Mausers, Enfields, 1903 Springfield, 1917 Enfields etc in 55 gallon drums. Before the GCAof 1968. I was 18 years old and could buy just about anything. Department stores had rack upon rack of M1 garands and carbines and huge stacks of ammo for them. An unissued m1 garand was $80.00. A. Carbine was $60.00.
yeah but that was a lot of money for a youngster back then, I used to make about $20 a week working part time for my uncle, Still wished I knew then what I know now.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #7
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

I was fortunate to be in HS in the early 1970's when all that tasty, and CHEAP, milsurp was still around. My first centerfire rifle was a '43 Inland M1 Carbine in beautiful shape which I still have & shoot to this day. 70 bucks out the door. The next rifle was a Model 24 Czech Mauser for forty bucks, followed by a Agentinian Mauser & carbine for around 50 dollars each. The Argentina long rifle was in pristine condition and looked like it was never issued.

Many, many more inexpensive rifles followed over the years. Yes it's true the Ozero reign of terror put a stop to the days of reasonably-priced hardware. That muzzie pos put a hurt on the USA in so many different ways, we will be dealing with the fallout for years to come. FBHO
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:04 AM   #8
Wraith
Soul Collector
V:force Champion

What ever happened to all the M1 carbines and Garands the South Koreans wanted to sell to the US ?
Wraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #9
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
What ever happened to all the M1 carbines and Garands the South Koreans wanted to sell to the US ?
Obammy deep-sixed that whole thing.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:01 AM   #10
Wraith
Soul Collector
V:force Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
Obammy deep-sixed that whole thing.
I know he killed the deal. Do the South Koreans still have the guns or did they scrap them? If they still have them maybe Trump can bring those fine rifles back home.
Wraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #11
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Quote:
I know he killed the deal. Do the South Koreans still have the guns or did they scrap them? If they still have them maybe Trump can bring those fine rifles back home.
Don't think for a second that Trump will reverse anything the way he caved on bumpastocks. He may be better than a dem or a rino, but still no true friend of the 2cd.
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #12
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Wraith not dismissing the X-HNICs dirty deeds now. Years back when a buddy and myself were trying to import AKs from Thailand which turned into a disaster. A frigging warehouse of the dang things.
Every swinging dick had their hand out $$ and we said frig yous. But their is some law the ATF told me if any weapon is from the U.S. shipped out on a lend lease? It can't be imported back to us. Check it out if you wish?
The ATF was super nice and helpful working with us which I was kind of shocked at.
They even told me customs was going to be the pain in the ass.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:01 PM   #13
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Angry

The USA shipped a LOT of our surplus M1 Garands and carbines to ally countries after WWII and Korea. Italy, Greece, Norway, and South Korea, just off the top of my head. Those firearms were on loan (lend lease) and were intended to be returned to Uncle Sammy at some point. I think Willy Clinton interfered with some returns during his reign of idiocy, and the torch was taken up by BHO. Piss on both their heads.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #14
RetVet
Statistical Error

The Bush W years was the last hurrah for C&R collectors. Tons of imported arms and ammo, cheap parts kits with everything intact except the receiver. New Romanian AKMs with the oil paper still in the barrel for $79. I should have bought a pallet of them. AK ammo for $79 a 1000 rounds. Turkish 8mm and Mosin ammo for a few pennies a round. Those days came to a screeching halt under that useless fucking niqqer the ignorant put in office, not once but twice.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:26 PM   #15
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I remember those days of seeing those ads in Shotgun News.]