Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
Sanders

Default Gun that fired the first shot at the Battle of Bunker Hill up for auction

Hey 4th! Time to get out your checkbook! You know you have to have this one for your collection!

Quote:
The gun that fired the first shot at the Battle of Bunker Hill is heading for sale Morphy Auctions in Denver later this month.

The Revolutionary War musket belonged to John Simpson, a Private in the 1st New Hampshire Regiment who fought during the historic battle in Charlestown, Massachusetts on June 17, 1775.

As the British troops advanced, Simpson fired his weapon prematurely – disobeying the famous order given to American soldiers not to fire “until you see the white of their eyes”.

Having been passed down by Simpson’s descendents for almost 250 years, the historic weapon will now be offered for sale for the first time, and is expected to sell for up to $300,000.
https://news.justcollecting.com/gun-...orphy-auction/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

As Simpson lays in the prone position, a colonel asks, "Simpson, why did you fire your weapon?" In a painful voice, Simpson answers, "Sir, you stepped on my balls."

Meh, it's a boring day.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
Bluntforce
slug

Angry

The treatment of this guy’s body, the campaign in western New York and Pennsylvania and the southern campaign should put an end to the myth of 18th century “civilized” warfare.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdggCICMnkU
Old 10-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #4
JD Miller
Fake Member

Oh my god , its a ass-salt rifle... the first AR15

Old 10-18-2019, 07:47 PM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

Smile Hell my gun is in better shape than that one.

Holy sheeeeet thank you Sanders I almost missed that on. Yup we will be flying up for the auction unless I can get someone to work the phone at bidding for us down here?
Remember this post. My estimate is that weapon will sell for close to $700,000 or more? Smithsonian will be their and all the big boy collectors will be tossing their hat in the ring. $$.
I will probably have to shut down around the half mil. $$ mark?
I have stood on Bunker Hill and the battle of Bunker Hill was NOT fought on it. It was fought on 'Breed's Hill.' 'Midnight ride of Paul Revere' Revere only became famous for the ride from the poem so named. He was captured and detained and released early and only rode but a very short distance.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
S. Fisher

Sold for $492,000
https://bearingarms.com/came/2019/10...recip=27865049
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.
Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, February 12, 1779
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Thank you S. Fisher for that follow up.
I had to stop my dang bidding at $450,000 and left the auction so I did not know what it went for? I was $200,000 off on my guess. Thank you Benjamin Franklin for getting those weapons here.
Very nice historical weapon the public will get to see which is great. Not belittling the weapon but not in NRA great shape. Appears like someone painted the front battle strap with yellow paint or something?
Few rust spots but best to leave them be. Well hell I tried maybe next time.

ADD: Neal R.I.P. WWII P-38 fighter pilot pacific theater. With local friend Sammy.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:43 AM   #8
S. Fisher

John Simpson’s gun probably cost about 3 pounds brand new in the 1700,s or about a month and a half’s wages.
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:58 AM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Fisher View Post
John Simpson’s gun probably cost about 3 pounds brand new in the 1700,s or about a month and a half’s wages.
That is if he even paid for it? New Hampshire I think he was from? They had militias at the time for home defense against Indians or whomever? Remember Franklin was working with the French to import many thousands of their muskets for our upcoming struggles.
The Charleville musket was a .69 caliber standard French infantry musket used in the 18th and 19th centuries and Franklin had them pouring in. Brits had the Brown Bess and Rebels had the Charleville.
Bunker Hill was early so that probably was Simpson's private bought weapon. Military service during the revolution was for a set time and the men who had weapons issued 'with no serial numberings' were taking them home when they rotated out.
The Continental Congress thus marked them with 'United States' to stop the stealing and those weapons go for a higher premium. $$
Old 10-31-2019, 08:21 AM   #10
slug

I would have thought that the gun that

fired The Shot Heard Around The World

would’ve brought more...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:53 AM   #11
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
I would have thought that the gun that

fired The Shot Heard Around The World

would’ve brought more...
That was not the same gun 44044. Concord 1775 saw the Brits and Americans facing off against each other near present day Concord green. Neither side wanting to fire knowing the repercussions that would come.
Then 'Boom' whoops who did that? Thus began a brutal war that is portrayed as clean and professional as any war could be. Not so fast. Mel Gibson tried to show the brutalities in The Patriot with the burning of the church with the men women and children in it. Did it happen?
British troops landed about a half mile away on the beach from our family home in Conn. to invade New Haven. They hit the beach and marched up Campbell ave. killing everything that moved.
British Gen. Campbell finally stopped the slaughter and by doing so the town named Campbell ave. in West Haven, Conn. after him in honor for doing so. He was killed in Allingtown before reaching the green in New Haven where the Brit troops camped on the green at the entrance to future Yale college.
The Warner home within sight of our family home was loaded with ammo and powder. The Brits never did discover that. The war was aggravated by taxes and abuses by the British rulers.
But the shooting only started when they foolishly came for the guns. I hope the Dumbocrats studied their history?
Old 10-31-2019, 09:10 AM   #12
slug

4th...Thank you for pointing out my

error Sir...I just made that assumption
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:18 AM   #13
Bluntforce
slug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hqeXQssNA

The slaughter of the officers might have put them in the mood to desecrate Warren’s corpse.

They learned their lesson and gave Canada a few concessions in the mid 1800s keeping them in the Empire and leading to shitty gun laws covered in maple syrup and served with blended whiskey.

(This thread doesn’t like embeds.)
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #14
Enforcer

I was out when the bidding hit 400,000 (Pesos).
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #15
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Some pieces have intrinsic value that eclipses market value. ��
DirtySteve is offline   Reply With Quote